Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is an aerial view of the apartment complex here, Stonegate Village. I can't imagine that you could get an incapacitated adult into one of these apartments unnoticed in broad daylight. It would probably be difficult to do it at night even. That being said, maybe there is a witness.

There is an aerial view of the apartment complex here, Stonegate Village. I can't imagine that you could get an incapacitated adult into one of these apartments unnoticed in broad daylight. It would probably be difficult to do it at night even. That being said, maybe there is a witness.

I agree; seems more likely she wasn't incapacitated at that point but was either under incredible threat of force, or lured in by some friendly banter by him needing to pick something up or drop something off or the like ("hey I need to pick up my physics notebook, but come in and meet my dog Sadie...")

In the summer here, the students go home. Those that stay sleep all day or vacation through summer. Some places, like apartment buildings, where mostly students live can seem quite deserted. If his was one such apartment I think it's possible. With him not working, he probably knew what neighbors were still around and their work schedules. "Planning" was the most chilling word in that indictment.

I seem to recall it's said the apartment complex has many or mostly retirees living there.

Has there been any info about that police impersonator yet?

In the article which mentioned interviewing the neighbor who met him in the morning (the article was no longer there when I clicked on the link a while ago), the neighbor said BC's apartment was just by the mail room and laundry, so that's even more risky for him to get her through that area.
The link to that article which is actually footage shows an interview with the neighbour, the apartment door and the laundry room.
It is in this thread somewhere.. I posted it once and I think it may have been posted a second time..

I seem to recall it's said the apartment complex has many or mostly retirees living there.

police impersonator theory was debunked allegedly. could be one of the early threads here where that occurred.. from what I remember.. girl's father allegedly said it was not BC.

That link took me to Sacremento so doesn't work for me.

I worked out the distance from the Terminal (last ping ) and it is less than half a mile to BC apartment (2 minute drive) . That explains why YY's phone didn't ping anywhere else IMO.

I worked out the distance from the Terminal (last ping ) and it is less than half a mile to BC apartment (2 minute drive) . That explains why YY's phone didn't ping anywhere else IMO.
well done you!
But did he bring her there immediately?
This is a mystery.
Did he wait until after dark when she was already incapacitated?
'one side of his car had shown evidence of thorough cleaning'
It was bright and sunshiny.. I doubt she went with him voluntarily, she would have informed her apartment owner.. Ditto, her apartment owner received no response when she or he tried to contact YY some time after the 10 minute deadline had expired.. Depending upon how long she waited..YY's phone was incapacitated as well, clearly.. maybe..
I am thinking now he must have incapacitated her almost immediately?

Did anybody read those abduction fantasies and did any of them involve abducting a car passenger and how did the fantasy play out?

Not sure whether car was mere vehicle or entire crime scene..
Why did he bring her to his apartment?
Was she dead , semi conscious, or conscious when he brought her there?
Was any evidence found of chemicals used to degrade a human body found?

I suspect he had researched how to clean up traces..

Heres an early link, good refresher
http://www.news-gazette.com/news/local/2017-07-01/now-it’s-creepy-how-he-walked.html

I had no joy searching for the interview with the neighbour outside his apartment, I have a sense its been deleted by the tv station due to being old. I did not search U tube though.
That is a very useful article. It makes me wonder if she knew him from his role as a teaching assistant and he got her trust that way. The article also says he was taped explaining how he kidnapped YY. The article also explains that while BC was being interviewed at the bureau's office, the other occupant of the flat consented to a search where his cell phone was seized. Good one.

That's inaccurate.. I've lived in the area my whole life, and it would take more than two minutes to get to Stonegate from the Terminal..

That's inaccurate.. I've lived in the area my whole life, and it would take more than two minutes to get to Stonegate from the Terminal..

Again, this has come up before, but just because the phone 'pinged' at the terminal, my understanding is that it doesn't mean they were physically at the terminal -- only that the nearest cell tower was in that vicinity. Depending how far apart cell towers were in that area they could've been blocks from the terminal when the phone pinged. [but correct me if I'm wrong about that, or there is more evidence that they were indeed at the Terminal]

Again, this has come up before, but just because the phone 'pinged' at the terminal, my understanding is that it doesn't mean they were physically at the terminal -- only that the nearest cell tower was in that vicinity. Depending how far apart cell towers were in that area they could've been blocks from the terminal when the phone pinged. [but correct me if I'm wrong about that, or there is more evidence that they were indeed at the Terminal]

Not to my knowledge.. The terminal is a very busy high traffic area.. I really doubt that he took her there at all..

I don't remember it being said there were mostly retirees there. Most apartments in c-u are students, grad students and young people. Parkland college is right down the road. I rented for 15 years here in town from 20-35, lived all over and most fellow renters I've met were young people. Not saying there aren't retirees that rent, but a complex full doesn't sound right for what I know about the area.

I don't remember it being said there were mostly retirees there. Most apartments in c-u are students, grad students and young people. Parkland college is right down the road. I rented for 15 years here in town from 20-35, lived all over and most fellow renters I've met were young people. Not saying there aren't retirees that rent, but a complex full doesn't sound right for what I know about the area.

That's correct

This is upsetting to hear the new charges.
This guy is one sick and twisted individual.

Its still a mystery who the girl was that he shared the information too during the walk for the missing girl. Im hoping he told her lots of details and that could be where the new charges can be successfully prosecuted. Her reaction during that walk was very telling. She seemed upset and somber while he was talking to her and he seemed jovial and excited to share whatever he was telling her.

The mystery to me is who was she and why did he trust telling her. I have to guess it was someone he knew already from maybe a class or something. What I am guessing happened is LE got to her first before the walk and convinced her she had better cooperate with them. And I am hoping they had a bug on her to hear their conversation.

Its the only thing I can think of that would explain why he trusted her. The strange thing though is even if he knew her then why would he share gory details of him kidnapping her.

I first thought maybe the victim realized something was wrong in the car ride and he hit her in the car and maybe even killed her right there. But after these new charges I am not so sure now. She had an urgent appointment so any delay she would have not been so willing to want to go to his apartment for any reason.

This case is so sad. What terrible luck that she was late for an appointment and desperately needed a ride at the same time that creep was driving around. I almost wonder if he knew of her appointment somehow.

I hope the end came quickly for her without it being as bad as it could be with this monster. If he had a ground floor entry door to his apartment it sure made it easier than I had thought. Maybe he did hit her in the car and then by then she may have felt forced to do whatever he was telling to do or he would kill her.

Maybe there is a witness that saw them getting out of the car and him leading her into the apartment building.

When he left I seem to recall discussion about a duffel bag. Cant remember what the duffel bag discussion was about.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/local-news/christensen-once-again-pleads-not-guilty/832921383

I located the article about interviewing the neighbor, though it's not the original place where I saw it.

The video on the article page shows BC's apartment door (B2) and the surroundings. See 1:37-1:47.

Conversation with an accused kidnapper, By: Jennifer Jensen

I quote again (which I did a long while ago)--bold face is mine:

"He opened the door for me and said good morning and I said good morning to you too, how's your day going? And he said oh it's ok how's your day going?"

Porche Holmes says that day was like any other. Until she found out who said hello.

"He wouldn't really make eye contact that well and so I was just like ok...I just chalked it up to him being a little socially awkward."

She just moved in to the apartment right above Christensen. He lives in B2. That's the apartment where FBI agents say he may have been holding Yingying Zhang hostage.

"The laundry room is right next door. So we always pass him. Our mail is right here. This is the only mail in the complex so we have to pass him all the time."

I located the article about interviewing the neighbor, though it's not the original place where I saw it.

The video on the article page shows BC's apartment door (B2) and the surroundings. See 1:37-1:47.

Conversation with an accused kidnapper, By: Jennifer Jensen

I quote again (which I did a long while ago)--bold face is mine:
thats aazing you found it!
I spent hours looking for it, googling and I could not.
Was it a ground floor apartment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members