Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is supposed to be terabytes of video, but they dont complain about it. I wonder why. This would be something I would think they would complain about....

That could be the "uniquely time-consuming avenues of investigation ahead" the defense mentioned :)

If that's a laundry facility for the whole complex, no way he would do something there. Too great a chance someone would interrupt him.
I don't know how his apartment complex worked, but the last one I lived in had a group laundry facility, but also certain apartments came with a washer and dryer in your apartment and you paid more for those apartments. So it's possible he had his own laundry facilities in his apartment even if there was a laundromat within the complex.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I keep remembering that his apartment was located beside the laundry room and wonder if he could have either killed her or tortured her there or somehow disposed of her there?
I was trying to find an image of the laundry room interior, unsuccessful to date.
Are you thinking acid or lye? I doubt he went that route, but if he did, I think he would have stuck to his own apartment.

Are you thinking acid or lye? I doubt he went that route, but if he did, I think he would have stuck to his own apartment.
no, maybe the big machines.. maybe theres a garbage eater machine in there, maybe he put her in one of the machines.. just do not know how far this guy was capable of going and examining every possibility... just have a feeling its closer than we know and that it is something very obvious..very cruel..but so obvious that nobody would ever check.. that kinda feelin'... am demented, actually... grasping at straws wherever they present themselves.. 'cos its antithetical to see innocence destroyed by a chance evil meeting..

I think he always knew what he would do when he found a victim so I think the place was pre prepared.. some place very close to his apartment.. so close that he brought her home, knowing how quickly and easily he could dispose of her afterwards.. that close, that easy..
I was askin' before whether he ever walked to the gym..in the hope of finding out what places he may have found en route.. that might be on maps..

Tonight's local news story will supposedly offer a few details about where police have searched thus far:
[video=twitter;928615421426749440]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Anthony/status/928615421426749440[/video]

(we'll see... woods & lake near apt. would be nothing new, but might be interesting to hear the abandoned plant specifically mentioned, as well as any further outlying areas)

Tonight's local news story will supposedly offer a few details about where police have searched thus far:
[video=twitter;928615421426749440]https://twitter.com/WCIA3Anthony/status/928615421426749440[/video]

(we'll see... woods & lake near apt. would be nothing new, but might be interesting to hear the abandoned plant specifically mentioned, as well as any further outlying areas)
wow, thanks webthrush! Thats a great break.. I hope...

I still want to look at it, see exactly what was there.
Remember he had been living there for some time, long enough to have an idea whether the other people in his block were away or at home that weekend..

Right. But, people and their schedules are unpredictable, and doing something like this would be to0 risky for him to do it in a place where anyone might come in unexpectedly.

Now, using the laundry facilities to clean up afterwards? Absolutely -and maybe they have been able to gather trace evidence of her from the facility.

But, the filing says appliance samples from Christensen's home. If he didn't have a washer/dryer in his unit, then it must be something else.

Ahhhh, here's an idea: Vacuum cleaner. I bet they got the bag from his vacuum cleaner, and looked for hair and other trace evidence from her in that....

I really don't want it to be his garbage disposal. He couldn't fully dispose of a body with that, but he could have tortured her with it.....

I'll be watching this closely, to see if they mention any places I have been told they have searched, and to see if they have searched a place I am suspicious of. If they haven't searched that place, I will eventually go take a look again.

I dont think that was one of the Bruno's complaints.. I wonder whether onus was on Brunos to hand it to defence?

Do they have sufficient to convict him of anything apart from giving her a drive?
Have the prosecution complained of insufficient resources?

The FBI are handling the case, they will take their own sweet time about it and disclose nothing at all.

That should not include lying to her parents though..

Could we pinpoint the exact time the searching apparently stopped?
Was it related to the first fBI 'believe her to be dead' statement?

We may be able to track it from when they seized some of his property, following forensic examination of his car or some other incident that is public information?

Really need some clues here..
I am remembering the camera on the dumpster and whether they have video of him disposing of various bags of trash over several days. And by the time they got the info, from the tape at the vigil, it was too late as the trash had been incinerated? Can any locals confirm the trash disposal method from apartment dumpsters?
If this is the case, it could mean no body location for BC to trade against a death penalty.
The mention of plumbing also makes me think of disposal by flushing away dissolved or burnt remains or ashes. Again, the method may have been stated in the vigil tape. I cannot think of any other reason why LE wouldn't still be searching otherwise .
Sounds like DNA has been retrieved from the apartment. That will be interesting to see how and where that was retrieved from in the apartment and how the defence will explain that presence.

http://www.news-gazette.com/news/lo...ys-want-trial-delayed-until-october-2018.html

"As noted, the government has already been examining forensic evidence between four and five months without producing reports and there is no reason to think the defense will be able to proceed on this front any more expeditiously. And, as noted, the forensics are only a piece of the

Conceding that the government attorneys are at the mercy of experts' schedules, the defense said it takes issue "with the government's apparent assumption that the defense should just be prepared to go forward irrespective of the same problems of delay likely to be encountered by the defense, who, after all, do not have a host of government agencies at its beck and call."

This places an enormous responsibility on defense counsel, two of whom have full caseloads requiring travel throughout the large geographic area of the Central District of Illinois," the public defenders wrote.

That is some whinge!!
Nt exactly victim friendly, is it?
what do they think they are being paid to do here?
Create a situation where a mistrial gets declared because they saw fit to make these PUBLIC statements pre trial?

SMH.
They're being paid out of the public purse right? So why can't they hire some additional staff and counsel for the trial?

I am remembering the camera on the dumpster and whether they have video of him disposing of various bags of trash over several days. And by the time they got the info, from the tape at the vigil, it was too late as the trash had been incinerated? Can any locals confirm the trash disposal method from apartment dumpsters?
If this is the case, it could mean no body location for BC to trade against a death penalty.
The mention of plumbing also makes me think of disposal by flushing away dissolved or burnt remains or ashes. Again, the method may have been stated in the vigil tape. I cannot think of any other reason why LE wouldn't still be searching otherwise .
Sounds like DNA has been retrieved from the apartment. That will be interesting to see how and where that was retrieved from in the apartment and how the defence will explain that presence.

BBM
I'm not local but from back when I was researching this more, I think all residential trash in Champaign goes to landfills… which is why more recently I’ve wondered about the possibility of certain industrial, farming, or even University waste going to incinerators.
Another thing I wonder about is YZ’s belongings… backpack, clothing/shoes, glasses, cellphone, books, paper, etc. nothing has ever been found or at least divulged (in many murder cases, some such remnant is found well before the actual body is located).

BBM
I'm not local but from back when I was researching this more, I think all residential trash in Champaign goes to landfills… which is why more recently I’ve wondered about the possibility of certain industrial, farming, or even University waste going to incinerators.
Another thing I wonder about is YZ’s belongings… backpack, clothing/shoes, glasses, cellphone, books, paper, etc. nothing has ever been found or at least divulged (in many murder cases, some such remnant is found well before the actual body is located).

Fireplace in the apartment for some of those things - flushing ashes down toilet or in lake. Where does fireplace ash usually go? E.g. ours goes into the base of our hedgerow.

Wouldn't someone have noticed an off odor in the apartment complex if he used the fireplace for disposal? JMO

Wouldn't someone have noticed an off odor in the apartment complex if he used the fireplace for disposal? JMO
As I understand it, it takes too long to burn a body even out in the open with a very big fire for this to have been a possibility.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Right. But, people and their schedules are unpredictable, and doing something like this would be to0 risky for him to do it in a place where anyone might come in unexpectedly.

Now, using the laundry facilities to clean up afterwards? Absolutely -and maybe they have been able to gather trace evidence of her from the facility.

But, the filing says appliance samples from Christensen's home. If he didn't have a washer/dryer in his unit, then it must be something else.

Ahhhh, here's an idea: Vacuum cleaner. I bet they got the bag from his vacuum cleaner, and looked for hair and other trace evidence from her in that....

I really don't want it to be his garbage disposal. He couldn't fully dispose of a body with that, but he could have tortured her with it.....

Vacuum is disappointing but it makes the most sense..
If she struggled as he allegedly stated on tape, perhaps he became angry with her.. put her in a washing machine or a dryer to torture her, terrorise her..noise of the machine would probably drown out her screams..
I wish I knew they had obtained all his phones and all his equipment, not just some..
He could have tortured her with a hot iron.. hair dryer in water.. was he enacting a sexual fantasy or making a horror movie?
Her parents must be so so tortured...
Just praying theres a decent lead out of that programme later?
even one.
How many hrs from now is it on please (cannot work the world clock, seriously)

Vacuum is disappointing but it makes the most sense..
If she struggled as he allegedly stated on tape, perhaps he became angry with her.. put her in a washing machine or a dryer to torture her, terrorise her..noise of the machine would probably drown out her screams..
I wish I knew they had obtained all his phones and all his equipment, not just some..
He could have tortured her with a hot iron.. hair dryer in water.. was he enacting a sexual fantasy or making a horror movie?
Her parents must be so so tortured...
Just praying theres a decent lead out of that programme later?
even one.
How many hrs from now is it on please (cannot work the world clock, seriously)

I have put a jacket with a zipper in the dryer before and it only amplified the noise, idk if it would drown out other noise, or even spin.

BBM

The only hope of finding her is if he disposed of her locally.. local to his apartment..
So if I was him.. I would throw her off a great height.. into the sea..or a disused mine shaft.. something v v fast..

The fireplace for the destruction of her personal stuff, not herself..
Though a fire in June probably rare enough..
Hot weather..

I am remembering the camera on the dumpster and whether they have video of him disposing of various bags of trash over several days. And by the time they got the info, from the tape at the vigil, it was too late as the trash had been incinerated?

He was placed under continuous surveillance beginning on the 16th. Presumably anything he did at the apartment from the 16th on, they would have seen. That is one week to the day after he kidnapped her. His wife came back on the 11-12th, IIRC. So, he could have been taking bags out to the dumpster that contained her stuff on Friday and Saturday.

I am assuming that while under surveillance, they may have had people retrieve whatever he put into the dumpster so they could examine it. Also, it would depend on how long the security cameras trained on the dumpster record video and when they start overwriting. I would assume they can record video for a week at least, but I don't know. IF the footage had not been overwritten by the time they got the search warrant for his car and interviewed him on the 15th, they could have gotten the footage from the apartment office and reviewed it. They would certainly notice if he made an unusual number of trips to the dumpster over the weekend of the 9th -11th. Unfortunately, by the time they may have determined this, the trash had likely been picked up for the week, so it would be difficult if not impossible for them to retrieve anything from it.

I don't think he probably put any of her stuff in his trash at the apartment. Wouldn't want the risk of someone finding some of her stuff, and having it mixed in with trash that could be traced back to him. My guess is that he probably took her stuff and threw some of it away in different locations, so if anything were discovered in one location, authorities might focus the search for her there. Meanwhile, he probably disposed of her body without any clothing or other items that were on her at the time so it wouldn't be obvious that it was her body if someone would find it -hoping that it would degrade so much that forensic identification would be more challenging and take more time, and there would be nothing included with her body to aid in its identification......

I have put a jacket with a zipper in the dryer before and it only amplified the noise, idk if it would drown out other noise, or even spin.

Don't know what kind of washers/dryers they would have at the complex, but they are probably a standard size. To small to fit someone in, and most likely, she would be too heavy for a dryer's motor to make the tumbler spin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member