Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/video/vanished-yingying-zhang_20171110040510/854816956
'This journey is too long' quote from YY's b/f.

I took umbridge at the figures and costs of the search being included..it seemed very little for an International missing person's investigation..
somebody with a maths brain may wish to do the calculations.

programme provided no new information, nor did it describe the type of searches..whether lake was dredged or not..there is no good reason to omit details like this.

i thought it particularly sad that they return to China without their child's belongings, because mother needs in patient hospital treatment and cannot afford this in uSA- heart and kidney disease.

Sad reflection on USA that she could not have been taken care of under the circumstances..
YY's mother is young.
She believes YY is still alive.

I'm not a mother but I have heard said that mothers know things like this.

To this end and feeling some of the tragedy and loss I would now like to explore the possibility that YY may still be alive, to respect her mother.
This no doubt will be a futile journey because I did it before but lack the skills to track internet thoroughly so the journey was inadequate.
My skills have not become advanced in the interim.
does anybody know anybody who knows anybody who has the skills necessary.

To go ahead with this,
we need to assume that another person was involved.
That BC passed her to somebody else, possibly as part of a financial transaction.
He took her, immobilised her, possibly by drugging her, left her somewhere for somebody else to collect or passed her over immediately.
She was sold.
The searches would have to cover the possibility that she was sold dead as well as alive.
It would need to be International and cover every and each aspect of human trafficking for every imaginable purpose.

Christensen thinks he's smart now, but maybe he was less smart on the day he took her..
Maybe the phone was de chipped because he was bringing her to a secret location where she would be traded,its possible he would have been given those instructions by alleged 3rd party..

this kind of makes more sense of the timeline- the 5 hr timeline..
within 5 hrs she had been delivered.

We know nothing of bc's web activity, not really..I'm not sure his fetish interests would have brought him into contact with human traffickers, but perhaps he had another #hardcore site membership totally dealing with criminal perversions and activities.

If that was so. there should be money somewhere, waiting for him..
He had the confidence to call Brunos' following his first LE interview, or was it when car make had been identified/ Not sure I remember exactly.

Was he in expectation of receipt of the large sum of money he knew would be required in order to pay their fees at that point?
Money he never received..

I honestly dont think there is any other way to do this. Need net genius.

BC most definitely left tracks.
Its likely , I believe that he had more than one phone.Its equally likely he had time to destroy it before his arrest, By then he had been in contact with Brunos'..

For the part of me that believes she has died, I think the building, the old cement building is back on the table, bigtime.
I wonder if his expectation that he could afford the Brunos was because he assumed more support from his family (or his wife's family) and did not get it.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Real quick because I have to go do something, but this is the basics.

There were reported sightings of someone matching Yingying's description in Salem, Illinois on June 16. Salem is about 2 hours south of Champaign, and about an hour east of St. Louis. The sightings were deemed credible enough that the FBI looked into it. The family went there in early July to look for her (July 7th, maybe?), post flyers and talk with people. Salem PD reviewed security camera footage from local businesses and found footage of her. They also found footage showing the same woman had been in Salem on May 19. Detectives from Salem PD came up to Urbana and showed the footage to the family. The family confirmed the woman in the footage was not Yinying.

The wikipedia article on Yinying's disappearance has links to news reports on this.

There were reported sightings of someone matching Yingying's description in Salem, Illinois on June 16. Salem is about 2 hours south of Champaign, and about an hour east of St. Louis. The sightings were deemed credible enough that the FBI looked into it. The family went there in early July to look for her (July 7th, maybe?), post flyers and talk with people. Salem PD reviewed security camera footage from local businesses and found footage of her. They also found footage showing the same woman had been in Salem on May 19. Detectives from Salem PD came up to Urbana and showed the footage to the family. The family confirmed the woman in the footage was not Yinying.

The wikipedia article on Yinying's disappearance has links to news reports on this.
http://www.bestchinanews.com/Domestic/15510.html
Close, the article above says it was July 6th.

Thanks for this, I remember now.. Thanks agai.n.

I’ll just toss out a few things others can pursue if they wish (I don’t have the energy or fortitude to do so!). These are some of BC’s likes from his FB page (and there may be more)… maybe there’s some clue buried within to what his actions might be:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/demonwolvesss/community/?ref=page_internal

And I’m still intrigued by the banner picture he used for his FB page (though it may mean nothing; again from a manga book I think):

14680648_3172199344892_5129938920808682940_n.jpg [sorry can't get pic to work, but it's just his Facebook banner]

Can’t get away from feeling that whatever BC did with YZ grew out of his exposure to the internet and other media — i.e. he didn’t invent an original plan but copied ideas from stuff he filled his mind with via prior crime cases, pieces of fiction, fantasy sites, or the like.
Like others, I also really wonder if he didn’t commit other unsolved crimes (in the Stevens Point or Madison, WI. area) on the way to this brutal crime… just hard to imagine this ghastly plan as a 1-off, that wasn’t preceded by more incremental acts.

I’ll just toss out a few things others can pursue if they wish (I don’t have the energy or fortitude to do so!). These are some of BC’s likes from his FB page (and there may be more)… maybe there’s some clue buried within to what his actions might be:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Death_Note

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Berserk_(manga)

https://www.facebook.com/pg/demonwolvesss/community/?ref=page_internal

And I’m still intrigued by the banner picture he used for his FB page (though it may mean nothing; again from a manga book I think):

14680648_3172199344892_5129938920808682940_n.jpg [sorry can't get pic to work, but it's just his Facebook banner]

Can’t get away from feeling that whatever BC did with YZ grew out of his exposure to the internet and other media — i.e. he didn’t invent an original plan but copied ideas from stuff he filled his mind with via prior crime cases, pieces of fiction, fantasy sites, or the like.
Like others, I also really wonder if he didn’t commit other unsolved crimes (in the Stevens Point or Madison, WI. area) on the way to this brutal crime… just hard to imagine this ghastly plan as a 1-off, that wasn’t preceded by more incremental acts.

Thanks webthrush.
the only think that makes little sense is the theory that she was dead within 5 hrs of capture..
Its possible he was into vampirism too.. thats what the links suggested to me. I tried looking at who shared the posts but its possible he had more than 1 fb a/c..

I agree its likely there were more..

Thanks webthrush.
the only think that makes little sense is the theory that she was dead within 5 hrs of capture..
Its possible he was into vampirism too.. thats what the links suggested to me. I tried looking at who shared the posts but its possible he had more than 1 fb a/c..
I agree its likely there were more..
On the one-hand, I'm not convinced the 5-hour figure is accurate since we only have it from one source, and don't know how they got it, but I certainly think it's likely true if she fought back strenuously and he had to silence her, even if that wasn't his original plan. (Might add, even if she was killed within 5 hrs. I suspect he had all weekend, before his wife's re-arrival, to dispose of her body, though he may have done it Fri. night).

On the one-hand, I'm not convinced the 5-hour figure is accurate since we only have it from one source, and don't know how they got it, but I certainly think it's likely true if she fought back strenuously and he had to silence her, even if that wasn't his original plan. (Might add, even if she was killed within 5 hrs. I suspect he had all weekend, before his wife's re-arrival, to dispose of her body, though he may have done it Fri. night).

I can't find where it mentions she may have been deceased within 5 hours ??? TIA.

http://www.illinoishomepage.net/news/video/vanished-yingying-zhang_20171110040510/854816956
'This journey is too long' quote from YY's b/f.

I took umbridge at the figures and costs of the search being included..it seemed very little for an International missing person's investigation..

From what I remember, that figure was just what UIPD had spent on overtime costs for investigators working on her case. Remember, especially initially in the first few weeks, they probably had people working 24-7 non-stop on this, trying to find her, surveilling Christensen, and following up on tips and leads. It made no mention of what the FBI spent, or what the University may have spent, or what the Illinois State Police (they have been involved in this, too) have spent.

I remember at a community forum held about a week before Christensen was arrested, UIPD's chief of police and the special agent in charge of the Springfield FBI division talked about the case and what was being done. The FBI agent said he was having regular conference calls with the FBI's interim director. He also stated that the director never questioned how they were using their resources, but instead was always asking "Do you have everything you need? What else can we get you?"

I don't think money has ever been a huge stumbling point in this. I think this figure was included to show how much work they were putting in. The overtime expenses they quoted represented three times the amount they normally spend in a month -and that was just on Yingying's investigation alone during that time; other things were going on at that time, too.

Nobody likes to talk about it, but it has to be said. Money IS a factor. If it wasn't, they could spend billions on a physical search for her. But they can't. Not only because they don't have it, but also because if you went to that length for her, you would be expected to do it for everyone. I'm sure if they eventually get good leads on a place to search, they will search it, and money won't be an issue. But just blanket searching everywhere, without any idea where to start? The cost would be astronomical, and it just couldn't be done.

If you start thinking about money, and feel angry about the fact that it has to be an issue whether we like it or not, just try to bring yourself back to remembering why this whole thing is even an issue: Brendt Christensen. If he doesn't do this, we don't have to be doing any of this. Yingying would be fine, and she would be living her life and enjoying her time with family and friends and coworkers. The only reason any of this -including the consideration of costs- is even happening, is all because of him.

From what I remember, that figure was just what UIPD had spent on overtime costs for investigators working on her case. Remember, especially initially in the first few weeks, they probably had people working 24-7 non-stop on this, trying to find her, surveilling Christensen, and following up on tips and leads. It made no mention of what the FBI spent, or what the University may have spent, or what the Illinois State Police (they have been involved in this, too) have spent.

I remember at a community forum held about a week before Christensen was arrested, UIPD's chief of police and the special agent in charge of the Springfield FBI division talked about the case and what was being done. The FBI agent said he was having regular conference calls with the FBI's interim director. He also stated that the director never questioned how they were using their resources, but instead was always asking "Do you have everything you need? What else can we get you?"

I don't think money has ever been a huge stumbling point in this. I think this figure was included to show how much work they were putting in. The overtime expenses they quoted represented three times the amount they normally spend in a month -and that was just on Yingying's investigation alone during that time; other things were going on at that time, too.

Nobody likes to talk about it, but it has to be said. Money IS a factor. If it wasn't, they could spend billions on a physical search for her. But they can't. Not only because they don't have it, but also because if you went to that length for her, you would be expected to do it for everyone. I'm sure if they eventually get good leads on a place to search, they will search it, and money won't be an issue. But just blanket searching everywhere, without any idea where to start? The cost would be astronomical, and it just couldn't be done.

If you start thinking about money, and feel angry about the fact that it has to be an issue whether we like it or not, just try to bring yourself back to remembering why this whole thing is even an issue: Brendt Christensen. If he doesn't do this, we don't have to be doing any of this. Yingying would be fine, and she would be living her life and enjoying her time with family and friends and coworkers. The only reason any of this -including the consideration of costs- is even happening, is all because of him.
In my country and in most of europe searches are carried out by volunteers, members of the public who give of their time .. We are supported by local LE but there is no extra cost to them. Rescue services, air and sea are pretty well funded and unless weather prohibits, the choppers go out and the boats go out.. as long as it takes.
So frankly, it upsets me.
If they do this in a case that has held a high International profile.. what happens when a known drug addict goes missing or is believed murdered? Nothing at all?
It is not good enough.
It was never good enough and I have been all over this since the first amber alert went out.
(that does not make me an expert, I have a memory like a sieve, LOL)

I am just realising I rarely follow searches this closely in USA..
Maybe its standard?
Do communities assemble or not when somebody goes missing if they are not high profile people?

Okay I finally re-located the source for the image on BC's FB page. It's this very last page of Chapter 18 of the manga Uzumaki, which I finally found an English translation for:
http://www2.mymangalist.org/chapter-uzumaki-18-31

You can read the whole book if you want by clicking appropriately at the above link (I've only read chapts. 18 & 19, but I do wonder if there's something in this story somewhere that pertains to the crime or BC's fantasies). The whole downward spiral thing does make me wonder about manholes, abandoned caves/mineshafts and the like -- a prepared area... but like everyone else I'm just grasping at straws.

In my country and in most of europe searches are carried out by volunteers, members of the public who give of their time .. We are supported by local LE but there is no extra cost to them. Rescue services, air and sea are pretty well funded and unless weather prohibits, the choppers go out and the boats go out.. as long as it takes.
So frankly, it upsets me.
If they do this in a case that has held a high International profile.. what happens when a known drug addict goes missing or is believed murdered? Nothing at all?
It is not good enough.
It was never good enough and I have been all over this since the first amber alert went out.
(that does not make me an expert, I have a memory like a sieve, LOL)

I am just realising I rarely follow searches this closely in USA..
Maybe its standard?
Do communities assemble or not when somebody goes missing if they are not high profile people?
Well, this confuses me, too, because in the few cases I followed, yes, the communities assembled and searched. So I also don't understand what happened in this case.

Okay I finally re-located the source for the image on BC's FB page. It's this very last page of Chapter 18 of the manga Uzumaki, which I finally found an English translation for:
http://www2.mymangalist.org/chapter-uzumaki-18-31

You can read the whole book if you want by clicking appropriately at the above link (I've only read chapts. 18 & 19, but I do wonder if there's something in this story somewhere that pertains to the crime or BC's fantasies). The whole downward spiral thing does make me wonder about manholes, abandoned caves/mineshafts and the like -- a prepared area... but like everyone else I'm just grasping at straws.
Grasping at fresh air is even fine at this stage..
I got v cold shivers while studying those drawings.

As a local, I think the fact the abduction car was I'd so quickly, people thought she'd be located. The FBI got involved and people thought she'd be found. Also, since the university was so involved one would think they would've organized something. I think some student groups did some searches. I've never participated in a "search" in this community, nor in 20 years of living here do I know of one happening where the community was called upon. i could be wrong. The community was Just shocked maybe. No one organization strong enough to gather and organize the masses (in my opinion should've been the university). If there was a call to the community I would've been there for sure.

I think of searches I've seen on tv and they rally around the family, like Cayley Anthony with the grandparents or haleigh Cummings before the fam was arrested on drug charges. Maybe the fact her family took a few days to get here and weren't local, couldn't speak English, demand action as a taxpayer. didnt have the stability in the region to Facebook and say- "meet here at this time, we are searching the "south side of Clinton lake" or "Kickapoo woods" etc

If I had a missing child, in my home country and my own community, once I physically and emotionally could function, I would do a Facebook page and just say "my family is searching xyz today, come help us". Along with contacting all local media outlets.....

But what would I do in a country on the other side of the world???? Where I didn't know anyone, know about local media, the language, local customs, I would be lost...

As a local, I think the fact the abduction car was I'd so quickly, people thought she'd be located. The FBI got involved and people thought she'd be found. Also, since the university was so involved one would think they would've organized something. I think some student groups did some searches. I've never participated in a "search" in this community, nor in 20 years of living here do I know of one happening where the community was called upon. i could be wrong. The community was Just shocked maybe. No one organization strong enough to gather and organize the masses (in my opinion should've been the university). If there was a call to the community I would've been there for sure.

I think of searches I've seen on tv and they rally around the family, like Cayley Anthony with the grandparents or haleigh Cummings before the fam was arrested on drug charges. Maybe the fact her family took a few days to get here and weren't local, couldn't speak English, demand action as a taxpayer. didnt have the stability in the region to Facebook and say- "meet here at this time, we are searching the "south side of Clinton lake" or "Kickapoo woods" etc

If I had a missing child, in my home country and my own community, once I physically and emotionally could function, I would do a Facebook page and just say "my family is searching xyz today, come help us". Along with contacting all local media outlets.....

But what would I do in a country on the other side of the world???? Where I didn't know anyone, know about local media, the language, local customs, I would be lost...
Thanks Mommit.
I wonder whether anybody would consider another formal search?
S'pose just contace LE and feds and request support for another search, if they can 'afford' a few agents' time for a few days?
Then poster it everywhere through every group and organisation and business in the area.
Organise rural and urban by contacting the farmers' groups..
If the harvest is over or almost over it will remind them to be extra vigilant
Organise for local red cross or whatever first aid groups are in the area to accompany..
I don't know whether or not insurance should be reqd, if feds in , that might be waived..
Contact diving clubs and ask for volunteers, re-search the lake(s)
Organise a local flying club to run air searches.. voluntarily..
Sometimes when a person is missing there is a colour or something to focus eyes on, in this and many cases there is nothing at all.
Local people will know their own land and their own topography best..
Just get it OUT there.. if people are not reminded, they will have forgotten..

Ask local community leaders, politicians to sort a thorough search of cement and any other buildings.
Theres publicity to be had for any company that wants to supply refreshments for the searchers, ditto equipment like torches.. cadaver dogs need specially trained handlers, police will be in know re their availability..
Churches, religious organisations' grounds, obvious places.. abandoned buildings, uninhabited apartments..
local councils would have a lot of information and would possibly support with staff.
University itself.. closed wings, storage spaces, disused spaces that everybody knows about, but nobody ever looks there.. graveyards..underground areas..
Could be done and could be co-ordinated if just 4 people sat together and farmed it out.. take 2 weeks to organise.. 2 weeks to complete with about 100 searchers and all local co-operation..

I don't think organizing a search could hurt. The feeling I have gotten from some of the posts up thread are that LE doesn't really think she CAN be found. Which leads me to wonder, LE has been searching but not really expecting to find anything??

I'm just going to be realistic here about searches. I would love to see them happen. But by the time someone organized it at this point, we will have snow. We almost got snow last weekend. Snow is going to cover any evidence of her. It got down to 18 last night, not counting the wind chill. It's about to get bitterly cold here, and add in wind chill in a landscape that has little wind block, and we'll be looking at frostbite conditions very soon. Sometimes we get hit hard with cold snaps and snow before Thanksgiving. And throughout the winters here, frostbite is a real concern on many days. Someone died from exposure within 15 minutes of leaving their car a few years ago near me, and he wasn't even 40 yet.

I'm just going to be realistic here about searches. I would love to see them happen. But by the time someone organized it at this point, we will have snow. We almost got snow last weekend. Snow is going to cover any evidence of her. It got down to 18 last night, not counting the wind chill. It's about to get bitterly cold here, and add in wind chill in a landscape that has little wind block, and we'll be looking at frostbite conditions very soon. Sometimes we get hit hard with cold snaps and snow before Thanksgiving. And throughout the winters here, frostbite is a real concern on many days. Someone died from exposure within 15 minutes of leaving their car a few years ago near me, and he wasn't even 40 yet.

18?? Snow?? Fluffy white stuff that falls from the sky? I have heard of this. :eek:

I don't think organizing a search could hurt. The feeling I have gotten from some of the posts up thread are that LE doesn't really think she CAN be found. Which leads me to wonder, LE has been searching but not really expecting to find anything??
Its strange. Its been strange from the outset.
They never said 'there is no body' but it never looked like they knew what they were looking for either.
I think its worth a shot, I think she was/is worth it..
If weather is gonna be a problem in rural areas, its just a question of contacting the landowners and asking them to be vigilant on their own land.
Weather will not affect searching of urban areas.
Those Crimestoppers were involved at the beginning. They have not updated recently, they could possibly get behind it and they would have both le contacts and a local knowledge of area..

18?? Snow?? Fluffy white stuff that falls from the sky? I have heard of this. :eek:
Yeah, my chickens were just not having it this morning! Some stayed in bed until almost noon. It was a terribly cold night.

I don't normally like hunting season, but I am somewhat looking forward to it this year, because even though it's only a small chance, it's still a chance they'll find her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members