Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #6 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow. This actually confirms it was him that tried to pick up the woman earlier the same day while posing as a cop.

I don't know if I would go that far yet, as she said it "sounds like it was the same *advertiser censored* that tried to pick her up," but they haven't confirmed this. (not that they would, as they are being tight-lipped about everything).

Still, this is potentially big, as I had not seen her post saying this before now.

Re the previous post. I think Decatur lake could fit the timeline. 48.7 miles - an hour there and an hour back a half hour to look for a spot to hide the body. (Three hours that phone is off) With maybe hour and a half to two hours at the apartment then half an hour to an hour to clean up.. then maybe gym to shower dispose of clothes etc.

Decatur area would certainly work. Plus, it is close enough that he could go down there frequently to scope out places, choose one, and prepare a makeshift grave ahead of time......

I don't know if I would go that far yet, as she said it "sounds like it was the same *advertiser censored* that tried to pick her up," but they haven't confirmed this. (not that they would, as they are being tight-lipped about everything).

Still, this is potentially big, as I had not seen her post saying this before now.

Decatur area would certainly work. Plus, it is close enough that he could go down there frequently to scope out places, choose one, and prepare a makeshift grave ahead of time......

But don't you favour the dumpster duffle LF tip theory? Decatur Lake would likely mean no dumpster LF disposal. Just the perp driving to disposal site.

Re: Decatur… I think they are stressing that it is a “local” case (meaning Decatur) specifically to avoid false conclusions that it is related to the Zhang case in Champaign. I was intrigued only because of the tight-lippedness of it and the FBI involvement -- when I grew up in Decatur decades ago FBI presence was a rare thing.
Having said all that I’ll throw out one other remote possibility: BC may have disposed of the body in Champaign in a dumpster (and a landfill) but disposed of all her belongings elsewhere, far away, knowing that they wouldn’t deteriorate nearly as rapidly as her body would.
But I've never seen any hint of BC making trips to Decatur, and it was never much of a destination for outlying college students.

ETA: nice local news report on the search (just still not much hard info):
https://www.facebook.com/KaitlynMConnolly/videos/1938031529744911/

But don't you favour the dumpster duffle LF tip theory? Decatur Lake would likely mean no dumpster LF disposal. Just the perp driving to disposal site.

I favor the duffle-landfill theory (note:she wasnt necessarily placed in a dumpster in order to end up there), but that doesnt mean that it is what happened. For all we know, BC could have called that tip in to try and throw them off the right trail.

Decatur is a possibility I'm open to, but I still think it will end up being a landfill disposal.

Wow. This actually confirms it was him that tried to pick up the woman earlier the same day while posing as a cop.

Also confirms he took YY back to his apartment and held her there against her will.

You don't have a sad life kitty but BC definitely does - sad and pathetic.

Re the previous post. I think Decatur lake could fit the timeline. 48.7 miles - an hour there and an hour back a half hour to look for a spot to hide the body. (Three hours that phone is off) With maybe hour and a half to two hours at the apartment then half an hour to an hour to clean up.. then maybe gym to shower dispose of clothes etc.

Where does it confirm it? I did not see any LE or MSM links there other than redacted FB post made by other students.

Without a LE or MSM link unfortunately we must take this LF search as a rumour unless Chambana wants to become a VI with WS. (Sorry for the alphabet soup folks :smile: )

Ever find a link? If not, alot of time is spent on rumors

http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/#faqs

Detectives were alerted to that report via social media after the investigation began. We have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios which we are investigating.

response to question
There have been reports of a black sedan whose driver poses as an undercover police officer to lure people into the car. Is that connected?

http://police.illinois.edu/search-updates/#faqs

Detectives were alerted to that report via social media after the investigation began. We have spoken to at least one person who reported that, and we gathered valuable information about that encounter. At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected, but we also cannot rule it out. It is among the scenarios which we are investigating.

response to question
There have been reports of a black sedan whose driver poses as an undercover police officer to lure people into the car. Is that connected?

" At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected"

It's likely not related: http://www.wandtv.com/story/36829290/fbi-conducting-search-in-decatur

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - The FBI and Decatur police will be searching an area of Lake Decatur to recover evidence in a recent case.

Officials will search Ivy Hill Park and they plan for the investigation to go on though the week. Police say Ivy Hill Park will closed to the public. Police ask for the public's patience while they continue the investigation.

Police wouldn't release any additional information about the case.

According to a previous report on WAND-TV Decatur police were at Lake Decatur on Sept 14, searching for evidence in connection to the murder of 22-year-old Zachary Hubbartt.

Hubbartt was found dead inside a vacant home in the 1200 block of East Condit Street on Aug. 27.
he was found dead in August, lake was searched already in Sept.. so not searching for a body in his case..
I think its a possibility.
Also re LF tips.. its possible duffle bag did not contain a body but her and his own belongings.. clothes etc..
I imagine he would have known to get rid of any evidence.

I have a feeling if that tip went in very early in June, they would have found her by now..

Cadaver dogs are actually used to search landfills.

http://barksar.org/Cadaver_Dogs_A_Search_Tool_for_Locating_Human_Remains.pdf

The Connecticut State Police Department followed Trooper Suffolk’s lead in 1977 and the useof these dogs rapidly proved worthwhile. Their initial efforts showed that these canines wereable to detect the presence of human remains above ground, as well as bodies buried up toseveral feet deep.

The cadaver dog training program includes introducing the animal to a wide spectrum ofchemical odors that are created during the process of human decomposition. The odorsrepresent the scent spectrum from the time of biological death through the dry skeletal stage.Because the body liquefies during the decomposition process, these chemical by-productsremain in the soil beneath and adjacent to surface and interred remains. Blind-testingexperiments have been conducted with soil samples taken from graves dating back over 200years. During these tests, the canines have had remarkable success locating these sampleswhich were hidden among other “sterile” soil samples.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_fd8270ab-5f81-51d5-b889-50455775f071.html

I heard they are just looking for the gun used in the murder, not the body, which was already found. So still, it's an unrelated case.

he was found dead in August, lake was searched already in Sept.. so not searching for a body in his case..
I think its a possibility.
Also re LF tips.. its possible duffle bag did not contain a body but her and his own belongings.. clothes etc..
I imagine he would have known to get rid of any evidence.

I have a feeling if that tip went in very early in June, they would have found her by now..

Cadaver dogs are actually used to search landfills.

http://barksar.org/Cadaver_Dogs_A_Search_Tool_for_Locating_Human_Remains.pdf

The Connecticut State Police Department followed Trooper Suffolk’s lead in 1977 and the useof these dogs rapidly proved worthwhile. Their initial efforts showed that these canines wereable to detect the presence of human remains above ground, as well as bodies buried up toseveral feet deep.

The cadaver dog training program includes introducing the animal to a wide spectrum ofchemical odors that are created during the process of human decomposition. The odorsrepresent the scent spectrum from the time of biological death through the dry skeletal stage.Because the body liquefies during the decomposition process, these chemical by-productsremain in the soil beneath and adjacent to surface and interred remains. Blind-testingexperiments have been conducted with soil samples taken from graves dating back over 200years. During these tests, the canines have had remarkable success locating these sampleswhich were hidden among other “sterile” soil samples.

http://billingsgazette.com/news/sta...cle_fd8270ab-5f81-51d5-b889-50455775f071.html

" At this point, we do not have information to say definitively that it is connected"

They may have been able to make a connection subsequently, but they aren't going to say until the trial.

There was another, similar incident in the same area that took place on June 3rd; guy in a black sedan claiming to be an undercover cop tried to get a white girl to get in the car so he could ask her some questions. That girl, when shown pictures of the car that picked up Yingying, said that she didnt think it was the same car that tried to get her to get in.

I'm not up to speed on the murder case in Decatur , but the fact the FBI is involved sure makes me wonder if they are indeed looking for something to do with the YY case.

Also, for those of you on here not from this area the " lake " across the street from BC's apt. is maybe 200 yards long by 50 yards. It;s actually one of the interstates barrow pits. Whereas Lake Decatur is MUCH larger.

Also, for those of you on here not from this area the " lake " across the street from BC's apt. is maybe 200 yards long by 50 yards. It;s actually one of the interstates barrow pits. Whereas Lake Decatur is MUCH larger.
thanks for that Trunkizbak.
Is Lake Decatur the nearest big lake?
Would there be boats there? For the taking? Could he possibly row out quite a bit to bury a body or personal effects.. I would assume he would have to weigh them down quite a bit in order for them to stay submerged?

thanks for that Trunkizbak.
Is Lake Decatur the nearest big lake?
Would there be boats there? For the taking? Could he possibly row out quite a bit to bury a body or personal effects.. I would assume he would have to weigh them down quite a bit in order for them to stay submerged?

As far as bigger lakes go Decatur is about 45 miles. Clinton lake is about 50 miles. Lake Vermillion in Danville is about 50 miles. All are large enough for boating. Not sure if all have rentals tho. But all do have bridges that cross over them.

As far as bigger lakes go Decatur is about 45 miles. Clinton lake is about 50 miles. Lake Vermillion in Danville is about 50 miles. All are large enough for boating. Not sure if all have rentals tho. But all do have bridges that cross over them.
Bridges!
Foot or car bridges?
Easy access?

different track here, but want to include it
https://socialwork.uic.edu/wp-conte...inginIllinoisFactSheet-November2015_2_121.pdf

This report is dated 2015, there are probably more up to date reports but some of the info here stunned me re Illinois.

According to The National Center for Missing & Exploited Children, 84 childrenbelow age 18, including 60 girls and 24 boys, have been missing from January2010 to October 2015 in Illinois. It is very likely that most of these children havebecome victims of domestic human trafficking.34

Hundreds of girls and young women are trafficked and held captive as sexslaves in Chicago, while teenage girls are “pimped” and exploited on Chicagostreets. It is easy for a Cook County resident to become a victim of s e xtrafficking without ever leaving the county.29

car bridges. It would take some nerve to pitch a body off a bridge when you could have another car drive up on you, But then again we may be talking about. a monster who tortured and killed an innocent girl

car bridges. It would take some nerve to pitch a body off a bridge when you could have another car drive up on you, But then again we may be talking about. a monster who tortured and killed an innocent girl
could be very easy though.. when there is little traffic..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Purpleflowerrrs