Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Remains found in Litchfield IL last week. Litchfield is only 2 hours from Champaign and right off the main interstate needed to get there. They do not yet know age or sex of the remains but do NOT believe them to be a missing woman local to the dump site. No mention of Yingying and no more info since their discovery. Could it be her?

http://www.kmov.com/story/38044736/body-found-near-litchfield-illinois

Unlike the Boyleston remains last November that turned out to be Megan Nichols, where the FBI was involved almost immediately, there is no mention of FBI involvement with this. Illinois State Police are examining the remains.

ISP are involved with Yinying's case. One of the news reports mentioned that members of ISP's "Major Case Squad" were on the scene. I have no idea what that is or if it means anything unusual at all.

There has been nothing in local media about this so far.....

Remains found in Litchfield IL last week. Litchfield is only 2 hours from Champaign and right off the main interstate needed to get there. They do not yet know age or sex of the remains but do NOT believe them to be a missing woman local to the dump site. No mention of Yingying and no more info since their discovery. Could it be her?

http://www.kmov.com/story/38044736/body-found-near-litchfield-illinois

I'm glad I came back by this thread and found this news here....there's been no mention of these remains being found in the C-U area at all. I'm a local and this is the first I've heard of it. The fact that authorities quickly released that these weren't the remains of another woman missing from the area speaks to me. They must have been able to determine something rather quickly. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

I'm glad I came back by this thread and found this news here....there's been no mention of these remains being found in the C-U area at all. I'm a local and this is the first I've heard of it. The fact that authorities quickly released that these weren't the remains of another woman missing from the area speaks to me. They must have been able to determine something rather quickly. I'll be keeping a close eye on this one.

I watched a couple other news clips/read a couple of articles, and I thought the part about them stating authorities were saying it wasn't her was a tad bit misleading. The state police spokesman didn't actually say for sure it wasn't the missing local woman, just that they had no reason to believe that it was her. One of the articles quoted the missing woman's husband saying that he felt that it was going to turn out to be her. I also noted that there was no mention of the FBI being involved. I would think that if they found anything with the remains that might link them with YY, the FBI would be all over it.

The only info I have seen on the remains is that they know they are from either a teenager or an adult; they are not from a child. Nothing else released publicly so far. No news reports on these remains since April 27th.

If they determine that the remains are female and NOT those of the local missing woman, I'm sure they will compare the DNA test results to YY's DNA.

Just like with the Boyleston remains, nothing to do at this point but sit back and wait......

I'm a local in c-u too Holdy and I didn't hear anything either. I happened to stumble on the story last night because I missed a local news story on missing central Illinois people and this came up in my search. I was so surprised, and it spoke to me too...

This is my first time here being on my phone. I took some videos today of BCs apt and the Johnson ross factory and his gym.

I'll probably text you for a copy of the vid of his apartment, as I am unsure which unit is his. I've been in that complex before ( I had a friend that lived there and I cat-sit for them a few times) but their unit was in a building that looked out on Springfield, and it is my understanding that BC's apartment was in the back of the complex.......

I'll probably text you for a copy of the vid of his apartment, as I am unsure which unit is his. I've been in that complex before ( I had a friend that lived there and I cat-sit for them a few times) but their unit was in a building that looked out on Springfield, and it is my understanding that BC's apartment was in the back of the complex.......

Yes it is. His is entered on Kenwood. As you'll here me narrating in the 2 videos.( each is about 3 minutes.) I realize that someone else has already posted his apt. I went completly around the block to try and give some insight as to how close it is to his apt and just how huge it is.

Yes it is. His is entered on Kenwood. As you'll here me narrating in the 2 videos.( each is about 3 minutes.) I realize that someone else has already posted his apt. I went completly around the block to try and give some insight as to how close it is to his apt and just how huge it is.

I am beginning to wonder if the Johnson plant is where they found the palm prints that are the basis for the prosecution’s motion to compel BC to provide palm print exemplars.

Kittythehare, from where BC lived, you drive about a quarter mile West, North or South and you are in rural farm country. While the FBI has more resources than local PD, that is tantamount to looking for a needle in a stack of needles. Most of this is private property that can't just be walked by PD or locals for that matter. So we are all at the mercy of a farmer or a farmhand walking the property and making a random Discovery unfortunately.

I've made this same comment numerous times. Arm chair sleuths have no concept of the real world and don't want to hear it. Head west on Springfield and you are surrounded by thousands of acres of farmland. As far as you can see is PRIVATE property. People seem to think that LE can just trespass on private property and search at will as if farmland and an old barn is somehow different from the bottom drawer of the dresser in your bedroom.

Where are people getting that the Johnson plant has anything to do with this?

Where are people getting that the Johnson plant has anything to do with this?

It's basically just speculation at this point. Some have speculated that he may have taken her there from his apartment and killed her there. Others have speculated that he disposed of her remains there. I've always thought it seemed like it was too obvious a place to hide her remains, and that it would be too risky to try and drag her over there during the middle of the day/early evening as someone might observe him doing so. Another local on here (I forget who it was) has posted that people living near the plant have said they observed crime scene investigators in hazmat-type suits on the grounds of the plant sometime after his arrest. Assuming that it is true, there's been no indication they found anything, and they may have just been searching the grounds because it was an obvious place to search.

No clue! Every time I drive by during the day there are cars there as if people work there.

From what I understand, the building mostly vacant/abandoned, but part of the facility is leased and used as a furniture and equipment storage location for a local apartment company. This is why I don't think it is likely that any part of this crime took place at the plant. BC would see the building every day and would know that people might be on the grounds at times during the day, making it too risky for him to take her there for anything.

Friday, May 18th:
*State's Disclosure (@ ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017) - Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) of kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying & 2 counts of making false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty; no bond. DA will seek DP.
5/18/18: State's disclosure re expert witnesses & expected evidence; 7/13: Def. Motion for any contested discovery; 8/24: Discovery Motions; 9/21: Def. deadline to give notice of intent to offer Atkins defense; 9/28: Motion to examine Defendant if 9/21 motion is filed; 10/16: Responses to pretrial motions; 11/16: Hearing on objections to Juror questionnaire; 12/14, 17, 18 & 19: Hearing on pretrial motions & jury questions; 1/4/19: Submission of proposed jury
questionnaire; 1/11: Jury questionnaire mailed; 1/18: Objections to jury instructions; 2/1: Conf. on jury instructions & selection; 2/8: Motion in limine; 3/1: Response to Motion in limine; 3/4: Motion to strike potential jurors; 3/11: Pretrial Conf.; 3/25: Final Pretrial Conf.; 4/2: Jury Orientation; 4/3: Jury Selection begins; 4/9/19: Trial begins.

Friday, May 18th:
*State's Disclosure (@ ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) (missing on June 9, 2017) - Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) of kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying & 2 counts of making false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty; no bond. DA will seek DP.
5/18/18: State's disclosure re expert witnesses & expected evidence; 7/13: Def. Motion for any contested discovery; 8/24: Discovery Motions; 9/21: Def. deadline to give notice of intent to offer Atkins defense; 9/28: Motion to examine Defendant if 9/21 motion is filed; 10/16: Responses to pretrial motions; 11/16: Hearing on objections to Juror questionnaire; 12/14, 17, 18 & 19: Hearing on pretrial motions & jury questions; 1/4/19: Submission of proposed jury
questionnaire; 1/11: Jury questionnaire mailed; 1/18: Objections to jury instructions; 2/1: Conf. on jury instructions & selection; 2/8: Motion in limine; 3/1: Response to Motion in limine; 3/4: Motion to strike potential jurors; 3/11: Pretrial Conf.; 3/25: Final Pretrial Conf.; 4/2: Jury Orientation; 4/3: Jury Selection begins; 4/9/19: Trial begins.

Thanks for this update. I noticed there were two sealed filings on the docket yesterday, and perhaps it is the disclosure about expert witnesses and evidence. What is odd is that in addition to a sealed document, there is also a sealed motion. Looking at the docket, none of the motions filed are ever sealed, but this one yesterday was. I'm not sure why this motion would need to be sealed; why it would need to be kept secret. The filing of the expected witnesses and evidence was expected by today, so why a motion that presumably asks to submit all that under seal would ITSELF need to be sealed is unclear to me.

Do you guys think it's at all possible Yingyang is still in his apartment complex somewhere? I don't know, maybe there is a laundry facility in the basement with storage and stuff and (I hate to say this, but) she could be in a freezer or something? I just hate that she hasn't been found yet. Her parents and fiance break my heart.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member