Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think it's at all possible Yingyang is still in his apartment complex somewhere? I don't know, maybe there is a laundry facility in the basement with storage and stuff and (I hate to say this, but) she could be in a freezer or something? I just hate that she hasn't been found yet. Her parents and fiance break my heart.

I seriously doubt it. That complex is not that big, and I doubt the buildings have any sort of basement. There is a large facility on one end with red siding that I assume houses management offices, a rec center, and maybe some storage -but it would be really hard to imagine that back in June of 2017 that he could have stashed parts of or an entire decomposing body somewhere in that building without anyone knowing. IF there were some obvious place that someone might be able to conceal a corpse on the grounds of that complex, I'm absolutely sure the FBI would have checked there.

Someone on here theorized that she is likely close to his complex, or at least somewhere in the C-U area that he would drive by frequently, as this would allow him to continually gloat and feel a sense of satisfaction over what he had gotten away with every time he passed by it. There are some narrow drainage canals running very near that complex where i suppose he could have sunk her; but if they were searching Kaufmann Lake with divers for three days, I can't imagine they didn't have people also wading through those canals looking for any sign of her.

Just realized I don't recall any further identification news on the skeletal remains found near Litchfield (...or did I miss something)? I don't believe it's YY, but would still like to put that loose-end to rest.

Just realized I don't recall any further identification news on the skeletal remains found near Litchfield (...or did I miss something)? I don't believe it's YY, but would still like to put that loose-end to rest.

I’ve been doing news searches regarding those remains a few times each week, and I have seen zero updates on them. With the Boyleston remains, there were follow up stories here and there in the weeks after, including mentioning they had been sent to Quantico for analysis. With these remains? Nothing.

One of the last articles I saw mentioned they had collected other items of evidence from the site in addition to the remains. If they resembled anything thought to be on YY’s person when she went missing, my guess is that we would have heard about it by now.

Bumping for Yingying and her family and friends.

We are fast approaching the one year anniversary of her kidnapping. I would not be surprised if there is an article or two in the local paper late next week/early the following week looking back on the event/checking in with her family. If so, hopefully they’ll give us a little more detail about the investigation and where they have searched for her.

I've seen nothing since 26th Apr when the remains were being sent to the ISP Forensic Labs. Some articles have said the remains are female but others say the remains were in an advanced state of decomposition and LE are not saying anything about race, gender or age ATM. I googled and it is about 2 hrs drive from Champaign.

I’ve been doing news searches regarding those remains a few times each week, and I have seen zero updates on them. With the Boyleston remains, there were follow up stories here and there in the weeks after, including mentioning they had been sent to Quantico for analysis. With these remains? Nothing.

One of the last articles I saw mentioned they had collected other items of evidence from the site in addition to the remains. If they resembled anything thought to be on YY’s person when she went missing, my guess is that we would have heard about it by now.

I've seen nothing since 26th Apr when the remains were being sent to the ISP Forensic Labs. Some articles have said the remains are female but others say the remains were in an advanced state of decomposition and LE are not saying anything about race, gender or age ATM. I googled and it is about 2 hrs drive from Champaign.

The latest article I saw was from May 3rd. It said nothing about the sex of the remains, but quoted the regional ISP commander stating that they were likely from an adult. Also stated that they collected additional items of evidence, but gave no indication of what they were.

Like you, I don't think it is YY, but at about 2 hrs from Champaign, I think its not out of the realm of possibility that it could be.

In 2 days - it will be one year that Yingying has been missing....
rose-smiley.gif

Yingying brought me to Websleuths. It is one of those cases that stays etched in one's heart and memory. I think of Yingying often and among so many others, I will never forget her.
I love the plans to make a garden memorial around that tree. May the flowers bloom for Yingying forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member