Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of Christensen's arrest. I am wondering if we will see any story on him or his family. We have heard relatively little about his background, and virtually nothing about his family. I am not expecting anything, but I will be watching the local paper....

Coming up on the 1 year anniversary of Christensen's arrest. I am wondering if we will see any story on him or his family. We have heard relatively little about his background, and virtually nothing about his family. I am not expecting anything, but I will be watching the local paper....

You never know, we might be surprised by a reporter from one of the papers (she says with fingers crossed). You keep watching and let us know please. Unfortunately I've been having problems getting to see loads of reports and articles from other cases due to me being here in uk. They just will not let me see them.

Finally here!!

Friday, July 13th:

*Motion to Contest Discovery (@ ET) - IL - Yingying Zhang (26) missing on June 9, 2017 - Brendt A. Christensen (28) indicted (6/30/17) on kidnapping (Federal charge) resulting in death of Yingying and 2 counts of giving false statements to FBI. Plead not guilty; DA will seek DP.
7/13: Def. Motion for any contested discovery; 8/24: Discovery Motions; 9/21: Def. deadline to give notice of intent to offer Atkins defense; 9/28: Motion to examine Defendant if 9/21 motion is filed; 10/16: Responses to pretrial motions; 11/16: Hearing on objections to Juror questionnaire; 12/14, 17, 18 & 19: Hearing on pretrial motions & jury questions; 1/4/19: Submission of proposed jury questionnaire; 1/11: Jury questionnaire mailed; 1/18: Objections to jury instructions; 2/1: Conf. on jury instructions & selection; 2/8: Motion in limine; 3/1: Response to Motion in limine; 3/4: Motion to strike potential jurors; 3/11: Pretrial Conf.; 3/25: Final Pretrial Conf.; 4/2: Jury Orientation; 4/3: Jury Selection begins; 4/9: Trial begins, which should last about 5 weeks.

I wish our justice system didn't take 50 years sometimes
yeah, I always find it a tad ironic how much people obsess over the 1st & 2nd Amendments but rarely discuss the 6th Amendment's guarantee that "in all criminal prosecutions, the accused shall enjoy the right to a speedy trial"! Try explaining THAT to the Zhang family...
Of course the purpose is to allow innocent persons to present their case quickly in court, but you don't see the guilty trying to speed things along. :( Just sayin'.

So haven't found any articles on what happened re contested discovery, so I guess I'll move him to Aug. 24th for next hearing date.

Usually if there is anything of note filed that contains new information, a story will appear in the local paper's website or be broadcast on radio news later in the afternoon after the documents have been made available to the public.

Watch the Court Listener website. They are usually pretty prompt with updates to the docket for this case. The local press will read the filings if they are unsealed and report on anything new that comes out from them; if they are filed under seal, there will be nothing for them to report.

Docket for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com

The docket was updated this evening with a motion by the defense requesting a hearing; the defense wants the court to force the government to identify for the defense which information, out of the thousands of files and documents disclosed to them, it will actually be presenting in its case-in-chief.

I didn't see anything of note in the filing, with one exception: they give the name of the informant the FBI was using at the Macon County jail.

Thank you dm92!

So next hearing 8/24 for Discovery Motions, or at least that's what I have. I'll go check the court site.

edited to add: strange - now I can't find all the dates I have for his court hearings there??!!

Last edited:
from article above (post #758):

URBANA, ILL. (WCCU) — Lawyers for accused kidnapper Brendt Christensen stated in a court document filed Friday that there is too much evidence in this case.

Well then, they better get busy - maybe hire some more people??

from article above (post #758):

URBANA, ILL. (WCCU) — Lawyers for accused kidnapper Brendt Christensen stated in a court document filed Friday that there is too much evidence in this case.

Well then, they better get busy - maybe hire some more people??

Or, even better, advise their client to plead guilty due to so much evidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth