Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #7 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I took a detour from my usual route through campus to drive by the area where Yingying was taken. Our community is keeping her memorial site fresh, clean, bright and alive.

We haven’t forgotten you Yingying.

Attachments

• D7454653-0EC8-4A87-95C9-092757EEE433.jpeg
    D7454653-0EC8-4A87-95C9-092757EEE433.jpeg
    246.9 KB · Views: 33
Today I took a detour from my usual route through campus to drive by the area where Yingying was taken. Our community is keeping her memorial site fresh, clean, bright and alive.

We haven’t forgotten you Yingying.

I've added a couple of flowers here and there to that memorial over the past year. At some point in the not too distant future, I'll go add another one.

I will be interested to see what the permanent memorial will look like.

Judge Bruce issued an order denying the motion by BC's defense team that the government provide documents detailing any communication between the White House and the DOJ or Trump and Xi regarding this case......

Also denied their motion that the government provide more detail of the evidence they will use in support of the aggravating factors.

it is the most recent update to the docket on the CourtListener page for this case...

Docket for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com

Judge Bruce issued an order denying the motion by BC's defense team that the government provide documents detailing any communication between the White House and the DOJ or Trump and Xi regarding this case......

Also denied their motion that the government provide more detail of the evidence they will use in support of the aggravating factors.

it is the most recent update to the docket on the CourtListener page for this case...

Docket for United States v. Christensen, 2:17-cr-20037 - CourtListener.com

Thank you dm92. A lot to read there tonight, too much much for me. Fresh eyes in the morning, after a coffee, I'll be wide awake. Good night

It seems odd to me that there are so few articles about this even though it is on pause more or less for now. Articles about BC. 0r the bigger picture of men like him. Ying Ying in particular of so many victims seems so very angelic, Molly Tibbets does too, and little Abby and Libby....sweet little innocent girls, from Queens, to Princeton Massachusetts, Iowa, Indiana, in broad daylight. Are there any articles that discuss this? I'm sure it has always existed, but lately, maybe more due to more *advertiser censored*? There seems to be an epidemic of picking up the sweetest, most innocent young girls for such incredibly heart breaking evil reasons. The article should stress how to protect future targets.

Here's the local paper story on Bruce. The chief of the US District Court for the Central District of Illinois has reassigned the case to himself. Don't know if that is permanent or temporary. The local paper is saying that this might significantly delay the case beyond April 2019. If so, that is ridiculous, drawing her family's suffering out even more....

Judge in accused kidnapper's trial removed from all criminal cases

A small bit of good news. The chief judge of the Central District said this morning that all criminal cases that had been reassigned would be heard in Urbana, so unless there is a motion for a venue change that is granted (probably NOT likely) the trial will still be held here.

There would have been a lot of people upset if he had moved it to Peoria where he normally sits.

Some good news :) YingYing is getting a memorial garden
Work to begin on Yingying Zhang memorial garden

They have a story on it in the News-Gazette today, complete with a schematic of what it will look like (sorry, forgot to copy the link). It looks like it is going to be very nice. Sad what had to happen to bring it about, but it will be a very nice memorial, and I hope will continue to demonstrate to her family just how much it impacted the community, and how much people care for her and for them.

I wasn't expecting it to happen this fast, but last week I saw that they had staked off a large area next to the sidewalk adjacent to where she was picked up, so I figured it was coming.......

Thanks dm92. A lasting memorial to Yingying, hope we get to see pictures of the finished memorial. May it let her family know that she has a place in so many heats who hadn't even met her.

Here’s a link to the story. There is a pdf there that shows the layout. From the description, it sounds like it will be very nice. They start work on it Friday, and I don’t think it will take a long time to finish.

Memorial garden for UI scholar: A place of hope, peace

https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/c...-corruption-kidnapping-cases-emails-illinois/

CHICAGO — A federal judge in two of the highest profile criminal cases in Illinois has been removed from hearing all his cases after it was revealed that he had exchanged emails with a paralegal at the U.S. attorney’s office in Springfield in which he commented on a trial he was overseeing.

Colin Bruce has been presiding over former U.S. Rep. Aaron Schock‘s corruption case and the case in which Brendt Christensen is accused of kidnapping and slaying a Chinese scholar. Neither has gone to trial.

more at link

I love the design, can't wait to see it when the work is completed.
It's amazing how in a few short weeks friendship bonds were made. I can imagine her friends taking time out, enjoying the garden and thinking of their friend.

dm92, I must have dropped your post lol.

Judge in accused kidnapper's trial removed from all criminal cases

I had to go to The News-Gazette as the link told me they seemed to have lost the page. It seems my link not working either, oh dear.

Why won't he reveal what was done to Yingying's body -- or was it already? (Catching up late).

He's pled not guilty to all the charges. While it seems to all of us, with what is known, that he is guilty as sin, he and his lawyers have seen the evidence, and they may think he has a chance to beat this. Or, maybe they know he's screwed and they are trying to come to a plea deal that would involve divulging the location. We do know from a document on the docket for this case that there have been plea discussions. Either way, it's not to his advantage at the moment to reveal her location or what he did with her, so he's not talking. The moment he tells them where she is, he essentially commits himself to life in prison.

As for what investigators are doing currently with regards to looking for her, we don't really know. When they are asked, they say that the investigation is still ongoing. In January when they filed their notice of intent to seek a sentence of death, they listed obstruction as one of the non-statutory aggravating factors, and noted "destroying or concealing the victim's remains" as one of the instances of obstruction. As recently as April, an FBI spokesperson said they were still looking for her, and an article in June suggested they were still searching.

Again, while we don't know what they are doing currently because new information may have been uncovered by the ongoing investigation between then and now, it appears at least in the spring/early summer, they were still unsure of what happened to her body and were still searching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AR Sleuth