Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #8 *Arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone read anything that leads us to believe that LE knows what happened to the body? And I don’t mean where the body would be, but what he did to it. (I’m saying “it” here to note that I don’t mean what was done to her while she was alive, but what was done to the body after.)

Has anyone read anything that leads us to believe that LE knows what happened to the body? And I don’t mean where the body would be, but what he did to it. (I’m saying “it” here to note that I don’t mean what was done to her while she was alive, but what was done to the body after.)

Will just repeat what I’ve stated many times before: IF the police had NO IDEA what he did with her, I think at a bare minimum they would’ve asked for people who are out-and-about (hiking, birding, rock-climbing, jogging, landscaping, farmers in their fields, etc. etc.) to be on the lookout for any of her remains or belongings — their deafening silence on this I believe indicates they DO KNOW (in general terms) what he did to her and know there is no point in the public looking. (JMO)
Long ago on this case someone indicated that their father (I think???) had knowledge of a certain landfill being searched — does that person, if even still here, have any further information?

yeah, I remember a reference from an investigator saying unless a body part turns up at a drain opening' or something to that effect, it implied to me that they had not discounted any possibilities and suggested that at least some part may have been intact as opposed to dissolved. Or burnt Maybe just a figure of speech, was a long time ago and my memory is not brilliant, We had it here and we discussed it at the time

From the government filing (it is not yet up on CourtListener):

Moreover, in the context of the other evidence in this case, the results of these presumptive tests is highly relevant. First, where enough evidence remained for testing, the presumptive testing identifying blood was confirmed by later testing and corroborated by the results of DNA testing. Second, the identification, location, and pattern of the blood (including human hand prints) were consistent with the defendant’s own later recorded statements as to what occurred in the apartment. Third, the evidence will show the defendant took extensive steps to clean the apartment after his alleged offense, thereby preventing confirmatory testing, but leaving trace amounts that were detected by the preliminary testing.

Here, the blood was not identified as a small stain on the bottom of a shoe; it was identified in significantly larger areas, including handprints, in the defendant’s apartment. Some of the samples have been positively identified as blood (through confirmatory testing) with the victim’s DNA located in those same samples. Moreover, unlike in Moody, the other evidence in the case, including the defendant’s own statements, establish the presence of the victim’s blood, making the presumptive test results tending to establish the location of the blood highly relevant.

So, while some of the blood could only be presumed to be blood via Luminol, other samples were confirmed to be blood by secondary testing, AND some contained her DNA -and the location and pattern match his statements to informants.

You're screwed, Brendt........

With this filing, and some of the info in docket filing 179 by the defense, it is becoming clear what he did..

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076/gov.uscourts.ilcd.70076.179.0.pdf

See page 12 and 13. Note the text in a red box on page 12: "Rape with permanent injury to the victim."
I don't know why, but I had never considered she had a very bloody death, except perhaps the minute qty of blood that would be consistent with asphyxiation...this reads like considerably more blood than that.. was he playing with knives too? I hadn't noticed knives in his Cv for his kink sites...
The details that will emerge in this trial will shakes us all up real bad, I think.
\there is a very good reason he never wants her body to be found.

Recap, he killed her, he placed her in the passenger seat, not the boot, to transport her to where he took her. That journey probably took place under cover of dark, he removed his phone or watch? prior to the journey.
How long was he gone? A half tank of petrol?
Returned home, read a few chapters of his grim fairy tales, did he clean up immediately or wait until next day?
Didn't knock a feather out of him and he's full steam ahead selecting his next victim at the march a little while later..Psychopathic?

Oh God, how are her parents going to be able to sit through that testimony?
They are simple country folk.. how can they possibly pick up their shattered lives while carrying the imprint of the details of a psychopath on their child, imagining her terror, her pain...
so many victims, always, so many victims...

Will they just be packed on a 'plane home to China broken and destroyed, perhaps forever with this new information?

Unless, he drained her blood after her death?
Was he into vampirism as well, I wonder?
Did he drain all body fluids? To what end?

Similarities here in this particularly gruesome account
Millionaire who wrote about gruesome killings mutilated and murdered fiancee

a book also featured.
I was searching for a murderer's rationale in draining his victim's body post mortem, in case that is what happened here. Thinking it might help lead us to a potential burying place, one murderer believed it eliminated smells post mortem... link insufficiently coherent to bother with.
Science background... educated in biological processes and post mortem changes...
#meticulouslyPlanned...

dm92 said:
This also explain s the prosecution request for BC's palmprints. So, it seems likely to me that everything occurred in the apartment....

Like Jodi's palmprint on Travis' wall... yes, it sounds like it did happen in his apt.

dm92 said:
You're screwed, Brendt........

50x50px-LL-fabf9a56_msn-emotions-pig-8.gif

Thank you for that article Bavarian! Much appreciated! :)

hmm... in the Motion for Continuance of Trial (post #139) - they have April 3rd listed as start of trial (page 2). I have April 9th.
??
edited to add jury selection I have starts April 1st.

I think I answered my own question - found this on the court site.

Jan. 15, 2019 - Pretrial Conference set for 10:00 AM on Monday, 3/25/2019 will be held in Courtroom A in Peoria. Jury Selection will now begin on Monday, 4/1/2019 at 9:00 AM, also in Courtroom A in Peoria, with trial to follow. (JRK, ilcd)

So guessing defense thinks they'll get a jury in 2 days....

So sickening to hear this…
Is there any point at which such delay tactics could bring a charge of obstruction/misconduct (or worse) to the defense lawyers? I s'pose the pain that they’re inflicting on the family counts for nothing, and we just have to put up with this unending joke-and-abuse of the system!?

Agree

I don't know why, but I had never considered she had a very bloody death, except perhaps the minute qty of blood that would be consistent with asphyxiation...this reads like considerably more blood than that.. was he playing with knives too? I hadn't noticed knives in his Cv for his kink sites...
The details that will emerge in this trial will shakes us all up real bad, I think.
\there is a very good reason he never wants her body to be found.

Recap, he killed her, he placed her in the passenger seat, not the boot, to transport her to where he took her. That journey probably took place under cover of dark, he removed his phone or watch? prior to the journey.
How long was he gone? A half tank of petrol?
Returned home, read a few chapters of his grim fairy tales, did he clean up immediately or wait until next day?
Didn't knock a feather out of him and he's full steam ahead selecting his next victim at the march a little while later..Psychopathic?

Oh God, how are her parents going to be able to sit through that testimony?
They are simple country folk.. how can they possibly pick up their shattered lives while carrying the imprint of the details of a psychopath on their child, imagining her terror, her pain...
so many victims, always, so many victims...

Will they just be packed on a 'plane home to China broken and destroyed, perhaps forever with this new information?

Unless, he drained her blood after her death?
Was he into vampirism as well, I wonder?
Did he drain all body fluids? To what end?

Similarities here in this particularly gruesome account
Millionaire who wrote about gruesome killings mutilated and murdered fiancee

a book also featured.
I was searching for a murderer's rationale in draining his victim's body post mortem, in case that is what happened here. Thinking it might help lead us to a potential burying place, one murderer believed it eliminated smells post mortem... link insufficiently coherent to bother with.
Science background... educated in biological processes and post mortem changes...
#meticulouslyPlanned...

Kitty I've read your list with great interest. I've been thinking from early days there couldn't have been much blood because if he was taking her body out for disposal there would be a risk of blood seeping out and leaving a trail. Where to? I have no idea.

I'm now considering your idea of draining the body of all fluids. In the bath? Maybe.

My heart keeps going back to her family too. Are they going to be strong enough to cope with hearing all this if 'this' is what he did. I pray they have a good support team at their side because this case is going to be very bad to listen to.

This piece of slime, he's the lowest of the low. What's going on with wanting to put the trial date further back. Why couldn't BC and his team set all this mental health checks and tests up sooner. It was mention a while back so why do it now? Deliberately? Maybe.

I've not yet read your link about the millionaire just yet, my eyes have developed a leak and I need a break.

It is mentioned that there was a struggle & she fought back. He could have slugged her in the face - bloody nose - splatter.... just a thought!
Could be.
I'm wondering which chemicals were used to clean up and what kind of quantities he needed and whether there is any record of him purchasing these chemicals?
Remember Karen, the Irish physiotherapy student that was murdered by who picked her up outside the nightclub? He then drove her body , from his apartment to the remote farm where he tried to dissolve it in barrels of chemicals? The police had cctv footage of hi purchasing these chemicals. Christensen would have advance purchased them, meticulously planned... no way of knowing without some notion of quantities he used and whether or not they were common household bleach and hydrogen peroxide or something only available to chemists and science people or used in a professional blending or manner?

I'm a bit concerned if all they have is the tape and a few prints...

I'm a bit concerned that without her body and without witnesses prosecution could be skating on thin ice.

Or, he will say he brought her home for rough consensual sex and she left by herself and killed herself?

where's the trail?
No trail at all, is there?

I don't think he'll walk but I've been really worried about this from outset, like webthrush said- the lack of searching...
Summer's night, pre-prepared disposal site , a sadist with a dead body in one or more pieces... fire or water?
One location or several?
A well that he knew of but is not commonly known?

A big oiltank, like that psycho who killed wife and tiny children?
Every day the weirdest and most macabre disposal sites come to light...

Is there anything we didn't consider before?
We did sewers, We did caves, we did abandoned buildings, we did corn fields, we did lakes, we did rivers, we did dumpsters, we did landfill,graveyards, church grounds,.Slurry tanks, farmyards,

His wife testified tank was half full when she returned after weekend, but he could have filled it and used a full tank and a half, but if he had some cctv would have picked him up somewhere along the line, someone would have remembered if he had paid cash.. lets assume it was same petrol, a half tank.. that's not far and includes his cruising time of at least 2 hrs, possibly a lot longer, not enough to use a half a tank but suggesting a considerably shorter trip to dispose of her.
He could even have used the half tank for the duration of his stalking prior to capturing her.

I betcha it's something really obvious that none of us have thought of yet.

He could have removed his phone while he was preparing her for disposal if he was using chemicals..?
Remember the Chinese report that stated she was dead in a very short time and a 5 hour window was mentioned, does anybody remember that report or what exactly it stated? We talked about it for ages, we couldn't verify it, but maybe now...
Without a body there is NO way to know whether he tortured her before he killed her , well he did, but, like the case I found last night, she was alive during most of it...

old car, half tank of petrol, lotta cruising...
where are we?

That was me about the landfill being searched. My father is a sanitary hauler and picks up up the complex BC lived at. The FBI had quarantined a section of the landfill for a few weeks and came up empty handed. I had met up with an old friend last week, and he informed he actually worked out the same gym as BC, said he spoke to him a few times and seemed like a normal guy. Full body chills.

BC is nailed to the wall by the feds. He admitted to picking up a distressed Asian woman, and “dropping her off”. Reports of a fake undercover police offer, trying to lure females into a car the same day and the same color sedan. Cadaver dogs hitting on a body in his apartment, blood stained handprints in his apartment, taped confession while being wire tapped, driving a rare model of a Saturn vehicle.

Also - there is an article below the one I quote.

U.S. District Judge James Shadid approved a list of about 120 questions Wednesday that potential jurors will have to answer before deciding the fate of Brendt Christensen.
[.....]
Now the court has to decide how the jury will be selected after they fill out their questionnaires.

Jury selection is scheduled to begin April 1 and could last several days to several months.
[.....]
In some federal capital cases cited by prosecutors, jury selection has ranged from as short as three days to as long as more than four months.
Did you notice the question to the jurors about whether they had ever made a Reddit or U Tube post?

i'm wondering whether his elusive alleged Reddit account is about to be brought into evidence?
I betcha if I googled it right now, I'd get about 1000 reddit lunatics to read and I'd be no closer in the end.

I never actually saw it reported in any of the usual channels we rely on for this case, did anybody?

Somebody questioned the death penalty recently?
Here's the full text again from Search updates – University of Illinois Police Department
anuary 22
Federal prosecutors have filed a notice of intent to seek the death penalty against the man arrested for kidnapping resulting in the death of Yingying Zhang.

The U.S. Attorney in the Central District of Illinois wrote this in a news release:

The notice to seek a sentence of death includes intent factors that allege Christensen acted with intent against the victim, Y.Z.; and that his intentional acts of violence resulted in the victim’s death. The notice sets forth statutory aggravating factors including that Y.Z.’s death occurred during the commission of a kidnapping; that the offense was committed in an especially heinous, cruel or depraved manner, in that it involved torture or serious physical abuse; and, that Christensen committed the offense after substantial planning and premeditation.

In addition, the notice alleges non-statutory aggravating factors that were not previously asserted, including victim impact evidence related to Y.Z.’s loss and the impact of her death upon her family, friends, and co-workers; the future dangerousness of the defendant; his lack of remorse; other serious acts of violence allegedly committed by Christensen; the vulnerability of the victim, Y.Z., due to her small stature and limited ability to communicate in English; and, the defendant’s alleged attempt to obstruct the investigation by making false statements to investigators, destroying or concealing the victim’s remains, and sanitizing the crime scene.

The full news release is available on the U.S. Attorney’s website.

I didn’t remember any previous mention of BC having a Reddit account, deleted or otherwise, as mentioned upthread (though it certainly makes sense), but I googled “reddit +murder +american psycho” and "reddit +body disposal” among other variations, and of course there’s lots to peruse (whether one can connect any of it to BC’s thought processes is anyone’s guess).
One thing I’ll mention that came up a number of times was pig or hog farms as places for disposing a body to never be found. There are certainly plenty of hog farms in central Illinois (and hog lagoons), but I have no sense of how easy or hard it would be for a member of the public to gain access to one (perhaps late at night)??? Anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meadams14