Deceased/Not Found IL - Yingying Zhang, 26, Urbana, 9 June 2017 #9 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
  1. uckstadt says Bullis was paid $1,000 by the FBI for "services" between June 16-21, before the wallk even happened. Nelson recrosses Huckstadt, points out BC told the counselor AND TB of his interest in serial killers. The judge told him to move on b/c it was repetetive @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets0 likes

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 20m20 minutes ago
    She again has Huckstadt confirm the FBI hasn't corrobotlrsted evidence that he killed anyone else other than Zhang @WCIA3

3. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 21m21 minutes ago
    Pollock questions Huckstadt, pointing out BC was supposed to get a consultation during the appointment (which didn't happen), and that he went back for another counseling session, repeating his plans to kill people with more detail, and to a licensed counselor @WCIA3

1. Agent steps down. "Does that conclude the government's evidence?" Shadid asks. "Yes it does, your honor," says Miller. Closing arguments are 9:30 on Monday morning. @WCIA3

2. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 10m10 minutes ago
    He's asked about his interview with Charles Hill, says Hill told him BC told Hill he got YZ into his car using a badge and a walkie-talkie. Taseff cross-examines, confirming Hill didn't say BC had zip ties or restraints @WCIA3

0 replies0 retweets1 like

3. Aaron Eades‏Verified account @WCIA3Eades 12m12 minutes ago
    The jury is called back in. The defense rests their case, and the government is allowed a rebuttal. They call Special Agent Loren Moneypenny, from the Champaign FBI office @W

Ben
So you're not testifying? "That's correct," Christensen said. (4/19)
Asked if he was promised anything or threatened for not testifying. "No," Christensen said
dfense also made another motion for mistrial that was denied related to the 13 victims claimed
The rest of the counseling center video was played. Christensen said he gets 2-5 hours of sleep.
Said he wasn't in contact much with his family. Said he doesn't have any friends, spent all his time with his wife
Talked about how he was interested in serial killers, particularly Ted Bundy, and how after he (Christensen) didn't get PhD in physics, he realized he's "probably not a genius." (1
"I do not see a path from where I'm in," he says at one point. "Maybe it will appear one day."
Asked about his homicidal plans, says, "I was pretty far along." Bought "a few things" but realized it was not worth it. Wasn't targeting specific people, "but probably a type." (13/19)(type small and lighter than 100lbs)
Said he didn't think he was a sociopath, and said the risks, with modern technology, aren't worth it, and "I would not last in prison." And he said he wouldn't want to live with the guilt
He returned to the counseling center 9 days later, and repeated much of what he said, in more details, his lawyer said
Defense attorney Elisabeth Pollock asked agent Huckstadt to clarify when Bullis received her initial payment from the FBI. He said probably June 22, 2017, of $1,000 for her services
After a recess and the jury returned, Pollock said, "the defense rests."
The prosecution then brought in one rebuttal witness over disputes about what the jail cell informant said.
Once the witness finished, Judge Shadid said that all the evidence had been submitted and that closing statements would be begin Monday.

I think you're right. Would she be willing to is the question.
Realistically, she has had 2 years.
It is possible those remains are intact and would prove the savagery of the attack, which may be much worse than we know .
If they were destroyed there is no good reason to withhold that information except that it may be used as a bargaining chip down the road,I think maybe @Hatfield made that point a while ago?
The other possibility is that he is truly holding out in an effort to further gratify his overwhelming ego and narcissism.
He will use people to benefit himself.

Wow, what a day! (or a week for that matter); can hardly believe this phase is over that fast, and yet the question of her remains hardly came up??? nor the question of how he disabled her in the car, or how long he drove around for before going home? (I’m not clear, are they able to tell the location of his phone for the messages from and to wife 30 - 120 mins. following abduction? — was it at home?)

The 200 mile figure is interesting — even accounting for various factors, including possibly 80 mi. of routine use over 4 days, that leaves 120 miles (60 mi. round-trip) to wonder about; ~60 mi. radius around Champaign?….

So it looks like the Defense’s whole case is that he went for counseling, sought help that failed him, and therefore partial blame ought be shifted elsewhere? That all they got!? (On the other hand, they only have to sway one single juror!)

Short notice (like 15 mins!), but just noticed, that the Justice Network TV channel (cable or streaming) is running “Confessions of a Serial Killer: Ted Bundy” tonight at 6pm. EDT for anyone interested.
(Of course there are plenty more Bundy-related videos on the Web)

correction: 7pm some locales

Short notice (like 15 mins!), but just noticed, that the Justice Network TV channel (cable or streaming) is running “Confessions of a Serial Killer: Ted Bundy” tonight at 6pm. EDT for anyone interested).
(Of course there are plenty more Bundy-related videos on the Web)
what a great idea! Do you happen to know if they tweeted a link to it, at all?

I was just thinkin', cos warped, what if her body was found this weekend?
How would that effect the trial at this stage?
We might get clues from Bundy.

Wow, what a day! (or a week for that matter); can hardly believe this phase is over that fast, and yet the question of her remains hardly came up??? nor the question of how he disabled her in the car, or how long he drove around for before going home? (I’m not clear, are they able to tell the location of his phone for the messages from and to wife 30 - 120 mins. following abduction? — was it at home?)

The 200 mile figure is interesting — even accounting for various factors, including possibly 80 mi. of routine use over 4 days, that leaves 120 miles (60 mi. round-trip) to wonder about; ~60 mi. radius around Champaign?….

So it looks like the Defense’s whole case is that he went for counseling, sought help that failed him, and therefore partial blame ought be shifted elsewhere? That all they got!? (On the other hand, they only have to sway one single juror!)

I want to believe we may find out where he put her remains during a negotiation in the penalty phase. Otherwise, I fear she will never be found. BC needs an incentive greater than his need to be (in)famous (the whole reason he wanted to be a serial killer).

Even if the jury were to see that others failed him, I don't think it would change a guilty verdict. So, the difference between LWOP and DP is what we are looking at. There is no way he will ever be free again, which is what I think he wanted anyway--fame for killing and to not have to be responsible for himself.

When we hear/see about his life---not being a physics genius, not helping in the home (cooked steak once or something), unemployed, general lack of care of his body--except in wanting to have his base instincts met-- he is a man who did not want to grow up and take responsibility. He wanted to assert dominance sexually in BDSM but that would be on his terms rather than the terms of living a responsible adult life. He was a popular teacher so we know he had the ability to provide for himself and his wife. But, I think the "grown up life" with a vanilla relationship was not something he could manage to maintain. He wanted to do what felt good to him and not have to be responsive to anyone else. He won't have to be responsible anymore--3 meals a day, no schedule, no job, and no need to think about anyone else. We are all lucky that he was only able to kill once.

I wish I could say that I thought that giving up the placement of Yingying's remains was something he would do. I am hoping.

I wish her family peace and comfort. I was truly touched that her boyfriend went and extended his hand to BC's father. Such goodness in the same room as true evil of BC.

Completely off-topic, but to be named FBI Special Agent Moneypenny has to be ..... interesting. Curious if she had a relative across the pond, perhaps?

Apologies.

But seriously, Mrs Brendt Christensen asks her unhinged husband to sharpen knives?

We might get clues from Bundy.

We may indeed. In the past few days I think we got a few more clues in the trial of what BC may have done with Yingying.

*we learned about his mileage while wife was gone

*we learned he really is obsessed with Serial killers and Ted Bundy especially. I counted about 3 or 4 times where BC referenced Ted Bundy himself directly through testimony we heard from others. TB was practically BC's idol.

*we learned he said he could get rid of a body in a few short hours

*he is confident nobody will ever find her. "she is gone"

Trying to think of other things like this and putting them together to see if it helps in any way. I think all it did was confirm that we are on the right track with some of our initial thoughts on where or what he may have done with her.

It probably just helps to eliminate places rather than point us to the right answer. Like we can probably eliminate a long acid dissolving bath or anything like that because of the speed in which he was done getting rid of her.

LOLOL
yep.
got me too...

I agree. She is trying to hide the fact that B.C. was planning that whole week on a weekend kill and he gleefully ( I imagine) busied himself sharpening all knives in preparation for his kill. Not only was the murder premeditated, but planned and anticipated.

Sorry, she gets no praise from me.

I agree. She is trying to hide the fact that B.C. was planning that whole week on a weekend kill and he gleefully ( I imagine) busied himself sharpening all knives in preparation for his kill. Not only was the murder premeditated, but planned and anticipated.

Sorry, she gets no praise from me.

I didnt quite understand her testimony about the knives.

IMO
The coincidence of her being gone that weekend combined with her testimony about the knife sharpening has me wondering if he told her of his plans before she left that weekend.

Maybe he hinted to her of his plans and maybe she sort of brushed him off and jokingly said to be sure to sharpen the knives or something like that.

IMO
The coincidence of her being gone that weekend combined with her testimony about the knife sharpening has me wondering if he told her of his plans before she left that weekend.

Maybe he hinted to her of his plans and maybe she sort of brushed him off and jokingly said to be sure to sharpen the knives or something like that.

I think prosecution may have stated he googled knife sharpening and she was trying to neutralise that. Not 100% sure of that.
She stated she had asked him to sharpen them but that he had not done so.
There was no need for her to mention it at all, it served no purposes, we had evidence he googled detergents to remove blood stains.
She also said there was no smell when she returned, that's hard to believe.

OMG. And how convenient for her to be away with a boyfriend no less. I'm not saying this is what happened but it is possible and it would explain why she is now testifying for his defense after such a heinous act.

IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rg143