Immunity and the A Family- **MERGED**Charges??

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So does anyone want to guess what the next stall tactic is the A's will come up with? I think that's why LE got the word out tonight that they were resuming their investigation. They got tired of being sidestepped.

Change of lawyer. for Lee?

For some reason, I really think I watched that call. Like it wasn't a call but a visit. I may be wrong, since they are almost always sneaky, but I really am thinking the "mutual friends" chat was a visit and LA was asking questions and taking notes. Am I losin' it? It's very possible at this point.

I thought a visit, too. Was it the one where he had his clipboard and was taking all the notes?

According to the video, Florida Law states that if you are subpoenaed to testify in court in a criminal proceeding, you are granted "Use Immunity" so that nothing you testify to the witness stand can be used against you at a later date.

It's definitely a far cry from "Blanket Immunity", which is what I thought people were saying he was being offered. "Use Immunity" also allows the door to be left wide open for charges to be filed at a later date, should the State decide it has enough direct evidence on their own to indict Lee.

Works for me, he can't plead the fifth on the stand under these circumstances and he would be forced to tell the truth. I just don't see Lee taking the rap for his psychotically spoiled little sister.

I am still so confused on this immunity thingie. You say that with "Use Immunity" nothing can be used against him at a later date in your first explanation. But after you explain the two, in the later sentence you say "Use Immunity" allows the door to be left open for chgs. to be filed at a later date? What am I not getting here? TIA

Lee: I still want you to be able to know that you can -- you can call me, and I'll try to, you know, get as much out there as I can before anything would ever die. It's not, like, a situation, but, you know, what can we do? You know?

I could never understand what "anything would ever die" meant. Die? Huh?

I thought a visit, too. Was it the one where he had his clipboard and was taking all the notes?

I'm starting to think that the convo was similar in both the visit and the call, but still haven't found the video to find out! I do remember watching the video with the clipboard and he was taking notes!

Ah - ok - let me see if I'm following you. You are taking that conversation between them as KC was relaying what she said and did with LE on her "wild goose chases" all over town - because, of course, LA didn't really know what she did with LE. Am I right?

I never looked at it that way. Good point. I always thought she was trying to relay to him some "overlooked event" for clarification as to what he was finding out in his "own investigation". Speaking of that, I wonder if LE ever got his "binder" that LP said he told the FBI to go get.

Close. What I tried to say, and didn't do to well, was that LA was trying to see if KC was sticking to her lies 'like before' (i.e. previous interviews the night before with LE.

I batted around the 'overlooked event' for a while, too. Specifically, trying to tip Lee off about where she dumped the BlackJack phone. But, after a short while I came to believe there was no BlackJack phone, so I tossed that out of my grab bag.

I'm also very interested in the binders - his and Cindy's both. They were listed in one of the December search warrants (yes!) So we may get some info in a future doc dump.

Are we talking the "they thought they were so clever" code talking visit? The entire thing was bizarre! They acted like little kids playing a silly game. Shame on them. BTW, it's a jailhouse visit video.

New Year's Day - I remember because I commented about who moves over New Year's? And I was promptly told that alot of people do. Personally if I had to move over the first - I would do it either 12/30 or 1/2. I just thought it strange.
Might depend on your lease, when you have to be out by- if new people moving in, or when you are allowed to move into your new place...

I too felt that the "for the first time" comment about the smell in the car was an odd thing to say. I'm not even sure if he said it in an odd way as well or if it just sounded weird because who would say that?

As far as the family not knowing why they would need immunity, I can't help but wonder if this is something that Baez and KC have convinced them to do and get out there in the media. Remember Guys! The Nanny did it! No one in the family would need immunity if the Nanny did it!

But, just to play devils advocate, has anyone considered this yet? I have no proof of this and it is just something I have been thinking about for a while. Total 100% speculation...I might not even go that far. Just a thought. Perhaps Lee has committed a crime that DNA or fingerprints might be present for in the past, that has nothing at all to do with Caylee. Perhaps he knew that since he had never been caught, any run through any database would not get him caught because he has kept his nose clean since. Perhaps he didn't want to give up DNA or fingerprints because he didn't want them to have them for another reason. No one said that the charges they were looking into were in relation to this case. And it could be as simple as the computer blue screen of death, but it could be that he broke into someone's house as a teenager, or any number of things. I'm just dying to find out what the truth is in all of this and I fear it will never happen. That we'll never really know and be sure Caylee and everyone involved got true justice.

Interesting theory..I can see that..I have also thought that maybe Lee covered up something when he did his investigating. I'm sure he firmly believed Casey's innocence and he probably tried to get rid of anything that he thought made her "look" guilty. Not realizing he was in fact helping to cover-up a murder.
Or he could of tried to hide something that Casey had done or was doing that would be embarrassing to the family & not wanting it made public, maybe thinking it had nothing to do with what happened to Caylee. Maybe as it turns out, it did

Thanks to the Super Sleuthers, you, too, can be as organized as LJ!

Highly recommend bookmarking THIS page for access to pretty much any media, documents, videos, audio, show transcripts related to the case. It's like the ultimate Caylee case reference library. And the Ping and Text map work done there is amazing!

Thanks PH. I can see I have a lot more reading to do.

Lee: I still want you to be able to know that you can -- you can call me, and I'll try to, you know, get as much out there as I can before anything would ever die. It's not, like, a situation, but, you know, what can we do? You know?

I could never understand what "anything would ever die" meant. Die? Huh?

I took it as a euphemism. IMO, he meant that any public sentiment that Caylee was still alive and recoverable could and would die if she didn't give some information that wasn't a lie.

Without the euphemism it would be, "you can call me, and I'll try to, you know, get as much out there as I can before the entire world becomes convinced that Caylee is dead and that you know she is."

LA was trying to ask questions without saying names, places, dates or any truthful facts, because he knew that the conversation was being taped and he apparently asked some direct questions in an earlier visit. KC was answering the questions like she understood them. None of the questions made any sense, but brilliant KC is never going to admit she doesn't know what someone is talking about, so she answers.

She is a dumb as dirt.

LA was trying his best to find out something and was frustrated because she was taking him for a spin - again.

LE can't wait until after the funeral to question everyone otherwise no one will ever be interviewed. They have already waited 45 days.

"He knows what he has done." is a strange comment to me. When my parents knew I did something wrong but didn't know what they would say something to that effect to see if I would confess! Ha! If he did something and they know it why not come out with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme