Imperfect Justice - Prosecuting Casey Anthony by Jeff Ashton Release date Nov. 15

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
it's #3 on kindle non-fiction bestsellers tonight (altho the book's display pg ranks it as "#15 paid in kindle store", FWIW). 21 customer reviews, most giving it 5 stars

didn't get mine until noon on the 15th. my purchases are nearly always made between midnight-3am, my payment always processes instantly and I have my new book w/in seconds

consoling myself re this delayed delivery w/ the thought that perhaps the demand was overwhelming

I could get mine today!!!

Denton, TX, United States 11/18/2011 4:37 A.M. Destination Scan

Q. Right, what do I do with my lovely friend that's arriving from England tonight???

A. Read out loud to her!!

Seriously, after reading all the spoilers there's not much need to read the book!

I will though...

Didn't really notice much "new" information in JA's book. Anyone else notice anything new? Thanks very much.

Didn't really notice much "new" information in JA's book. Anyone else notice anything new? Thanks very much.

Hmm...were we looking for "new" or confirmation? I didn't know about Mason's 30 year plea, or what sparked the competency hearing...and posters in the spoiler thread mentioned lots of little details I didn't know..and I didn't know the depth of her accusations against George.

We pretty much watched this trial with a microscope for three years so I wasn't really expecting "new"..

Hmm...were we looking for "new" or confirmation? I didn't know about Mason's 30 year plea, or what sparked the competency hearing...and posters in the spoiler thread mentioned lots of little details I didn't know..and I didn't know the depth of her accusations against George.

We pretty much watched this trial with a microscope for three years so I wasn't really expecting "new"..

I know. But the jacket said new information never before told and you are right there were a couple of things re 30 year plea and her accusations against George which really gave us insight into just how low KC will go and that is just an abyss - .

Logical, what amazes me is that the family and I am not sure if it is still true (if Lee is in touch with her), but the fact that they appear to chuck it up to her being "sick" and allowing these accusations to go without a vehement denial by ALL, is amazing to me.

I know I would have to at least give a denial of the accusations against George if I were his son to the point where I would say my sister is capable of sayng anything.

But they don't, they are so dysfunctional and George just sits about and lets it happen with his mouselike denials. That is the way he came across on Dr. Phil, imo.

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING LOGICAL!!!

The info about Casey's claim that GA either deliberately drowned Caylee or was molesting Caylee in pool, leading to her drowning.

The info about Casey's claim that GA either deliberately drowned Caylee or was molesting Caylee in pool, leading to her drowning.

Also, OCA accused George of drugging her because she slept so soundly the morning of June 16th, 2008

OCA also said that she thought George could be Caylee's bio dad...
Until the Discovery came out with the LE DNA report confirming George (and Lee's I will add) was not Caylee's father...
IIRC, it was the FBI who became suspicious after finding out Casey had told friends Lee molested her and that prompted DNA testing be done on Lee and Goerge to see if either of them could be Caylee's father...based on What Casey had told people.

I know. But the jacket said new information never before told and you are right there were a couple of things re 30 year plea and her accusations against George which really gave us insight into just how low KC will go and that is just an abyss - .

Logical, what amazes me is that the family and I am not sure if it is still true (if Lee is in touch with her), but the fact that they appear to chuck it up to her being "sick" and allowing these accusations to go without a vehement denial by ALL, is amazing to me.

I know I would have to at least give a denial of the accusations against George if I were his son to the point where I would say my sister is capable of sayng anything.

But they don't, they are so dysfunctional and George just sits about and lets it happen with his mouselike denials. That is the way he came across on Dr. Phil, imo.

HAVE A GREAT THANKSGIVING LOGICAL!!!

LOL SOLACE THAT'S MY WISH FOR YOU! We had our Canadian Thanksgiving a couple of weeks ago!:great:

Lippman did make a statement very recently to say the Anthony's may correct any wrong information and said the parents had had "zero" contact with OCA. Maybe the reality of just how badly they were played is starting to settle into their heads and "hearts".

B&N have shipped my books. So happy!

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

When I saw this I got excited and hoped mine had shipped. No such luck. Mine still shows as a ship date of Nov 28. :maddening:

LOL SOLACE THAT'S MY WISH FOR YOU! We had our Canadian Thanksgiving a couple of weeks ago!:great:

Lippman did make a statement very recently to say the Anthony's may correct any wrong information and said the parents had had "zero" contact with OCA. Maybe the reality of just how badly they were played is starting to settle into their heads and "hearts".

I came across 2 things that I believed to be incorrect in the book..can't remember them now...but the 2 I read were nothing major.

LDB was the lead prosecutor, JA was focusing on the Forensic Science part and was updated via meetings with Linda and Frank.... I don't know if he read all the discovery documents...

I am finished whining about Barnes and Noble. I canceled the order and purchased the book at B.J.s for $14.99. I don't see any purpose in ever pre-ordering a book, if this is a common practice. Who wants to wait for shipping that is two weeks after the release date. I assume anybody who orders 3 months in advance is eager to read the book. Lesson learned.

Just came home to find my book waiting for me on the front porch. For some odd reason, I feel hesitation in starting to read it. Don't know why.

Just came home to find my book waiting for me on the front porch. For some odd reason, I feel hesitation in starting to read it. Don't know why.

I know how you feel! I couldn't wait for the book to come out, then once I got it, it was hard to open it up because I knew all the emotions were going to come back. I was barely past the first page when I felt the fury rise in me for that jury. I just sat there shaking my head all over again in disbelief over what they "didn't" do. It just brings everything back.

I can honestly say there isn't much in the book that was news to me (I'm not quite done yet though). But I'm still glad I got, if for nothing else, to support John Ashton.

Aw I feel for you - I think it's not wanting to be right smack back in those terrible emotions again. Hope you can bring yourself to start and just remember it is Jeff Ashton who is talking to you. We trust him - he's the good guy - it will be alright... :therethere: just keep coming back to talk to us :blowkiss:

Thought I'd post this over here too...
SyraKelly has been kind enough to share her book... :great: and I get to read it after her - and said to pass it along to anyone else that would like to read it, so I started this thread in the WebSleuths BookClub "private" forum thread:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155088"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

:seeya:

I will be STUNNED if Sleutherontheside doesn't make the trek to Orlando for one of the appearances. I think she is closer to Orlando than NYC.

He's going to be in St. Pete Dec 2nd at the B & N in the Tyrone Mall in St. Pete. I'd go but I but I got the book for Kindle PC and don't have anything to sign :(

Any ideas?

Wonder if any of the Pinellas 12 will be there to get his autograph? :floorlaugh:

He's going to be in St. Pete Dec 2nd at the B & N in the Tyrone Mall in St. Pete. I'd go but I but I got the book for Kindle PC and don't have anything to sign :(

Any ideas?

Wonder if any of the Pinellas 12 will be there to get his autograph? :floorlaugh:

Could you do one of those capture thingys people do of the cover of his book and transfer it to a really nice piece of paper? I'm sure he'd understand it's on your kindle..

Could you do one of those capture thingys people do of the cover of his book and transfer it to a really nice piece of paper? I'm sure he'd understand it's on your kindle..

I use Photoshop a lot, I could probably do better than just capturing the cover. Maybe I could download and print out that awesome shot of him the first day of the trial when he was walking into the courthouse?

Or superimpose OCA's face over the south end of a north bound mule... lol! Just kidding.

I don't know if they will let anybody in with just anything for him to autograph, I mean, really it's about his book...

Any ideas?

Just go...you don't HAVE TO have a book signed. It's a Q&A.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glitterbag
Back