IMPORTANT - Recalled Pet Food

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I've heard that the FEDS think it was intentional that the Chinese put melamine in it to boost the protein content. The FDA is awaiting Visas to go over to the Chinese plants to investigate. Hopefully they find something and it isn't covered up before they can get there. Everyone responsible for this should be prosecuted to the fullest extent; and the plants shut down. I value my pets as if they were my children, i know alot of people that do. We have to think, if they were poisoning pet food, would they sneak past too if it were human food?

Here is the link for more info on their suspicions as well as info on corn gluten, etc. I have been avoiding anything with wheat in it because of the gluten and now they are adding corn which I have been feeding them??? I think that poster is right. Get whatever meat is on sale until this is fixed. If they found it in pig urine in CA, maybe it is in the meat supply too???:furious:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,267401,00.html

I'm pretty sure my sweet kitty died from this. He was only 5 years old and never left the house. I can't prove it since my husband buried him in the yard and we threw the food out. It was horrible. He death was very painful to him he tried to find me and there was nothing I could do. My dog was even trying to help. I tried CPR and everything. This was a couple of weeks after I gave birth to my son. In front of my 2 other small children also. My 3 year old keeps saying that Leroy is dead but his eyes are open.

My husband said that China refused to let the US in to investigate the factories where the wheat was processed. I can find that anywhere but that would be pretty shady if that were the case.

I don't know what to do now. I am afraid to feed my dogs anything now!! I have been avoiding wheat and now corn and rice are added to the list? I suggested to my husband that we buy them meat and give them that. He said their systems will shut down because they can't survive on only protein. :eek:

I'm pretty sure my sweet kitty died from this. He was only 5 years old and never left the house. I can't prove it since my husband buried him in the yard and we threw the food out. It was horrible. He death was very painful to him he tried to find me and there was nothing I could do. My dog was even trying to help. I tried CPR and everything. This was a couple of weeks after I gave birth to my son. In front of my 2 other small children also. My 3 year old keeps saying that Leroy is dead but his eyes are open.

My husband said that China refused to let the US in to investigate the factories where the wheat was processed. I can find that anywhere but that would be pretty shady if that were the case.
Sorry you lost your kitty! I think the same thing you went though, others have allso: The food you were feeding was not on the recall list. When your cat became ill, and died, the food was thrown out. Then LATER the same food you were feeding hits the recall list. How can you file a claim when you don't have the food container? We are all getting screwed over.

ETA: A great way to buy fresh meats and poulty is get them from your meat market. I buy meat scraps and meat bones for almost nothing per pound. I buy chicken thighs in bulk, and also you can buy "chicken cages" for almost nothing. A chicken cage is the rib area after the chicen breast is cut away. It's pretty much what's left without thighs, legs, wings and breast. Or make friends with the meat manager at your grocery store to buy those.

Mamasweets, I am sooo sorry for your deceased kitty. What a heartbreaking nightmare for you and your children to go thru! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I sure hope they get to the bottom of this fiasco. My heart grieves for all those poor innocents lost, and their loving people left behind.

Thanks for those links, Sadie Mae. I just made one of my dogs some rice, as his tummy has been upset all week.

Thanks for those links, Sadie Mae. I just made one of my dogs some rice, as his tummy has been upset all week.
Canned pumpkin is good for stomach upsets. Not the kind that's for making pies. Get the plain kind, mine love it.

Sorry you lost your kitty! I think the same thing you went though, others have allso: The food you were feeding was not on the recall list. When your cat became ill, and died, the food was thrown out. Then LATER the same food you were feeding hits the recall list. How can you file a claim when you don't have the food container? We are all getting screwed over.

ETA: A great way to buy fresh meats and poulty is get them from your meat market. I buy meat scraps and meat bones for almost nothing per pound. I buy chicken thighs in bulk, and also you can buy "chicken cages" for almost nothing. A chicken cage is the rib area after the chicen breast is cut away. It's pretty much what's left without thighs, legs, wings and breast. Or make friends with the meat manager at your grocery store to buy those.

What a good idea. I'll have to check into it since I have a black lab named Max. This is him a couple of months ago. He's close to 75 lbs now and has a large appetite to boot. I hope this ends soon. It would break my heart if I lost him too. The feed store around the corner also sells Raw dog food like someone suggested before.

BTW: I love the name. It was my Great Dane's name when I was little. She was beautiful. Sadie Mae Hoosier. Cause we lived in Indiana and my mom is a little quirky.

Mamasweets, I am sooo sorry for your deceased kitty. What a heartbreaking nightmare for you and your children to go thru! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.
I sure hope they get to the bottom of this fiasco. My heart grieves for all those poor innocents lost, and their loving people left behind.

Thanks! It means a lot.

to get immediate notification...
BLUE or Spa Select can and biscuits products

Diamond Foods:
three specific canned products: Diamond Lamb & Rice Formula for Dogs 13 oz. cans, Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Kitten Formula 5.5 oz. cans, and Chicken Soup for the Pet Lover's Soul Puppy Formula 13 oz. cans

http://www.fda.gov/opacom/7alerts.html

Has any dry food been recalled?

We are dog-sitting for friends until the end of May. They sent their dog with a big bag of Purina Dog Chow (green bag). Elmo wants to eat it so badly. And of course, their dog wants Elmo's food. The dehydrated food from The Honest Kitchen finally came in. The first day, he was so hungry he gobbled it down. I don't even think he tasted it. Now, he looks at me with that "forget it" look on his face. Since the other dog came with the Purina food, Elmo is on super-sulk mode. I'm about ready to feed him anything. Cat food, fish food, bird food..... the baby food was a firm NO!

I will admit that sometimes I cave and mix his Life's Abundance dry or now this Embark with a packet of wet Pedigree Little Champions:eek: I know, I'm spineless. :loser: I don't see it on any lists but last night I was reading an advertisement...something about "Dog Food Secrets" and saw the most horrifying, disgusting pictures of these dead animals they were about to make into pet food. :sick: :sick: If that's true...WHY IS THAT THE ONLY THING MY DOG WANTS TO EAT!?

There has been dry food recalled, but I don't believe any Friskies has been on the recall list, and I think the dry was cat food (Hills M/D, & dry kitten Blue Spa...possibly).

The Chenango Valley Pet food company today announced up in NY State that
it had Melamine ( industrial chemical in Plastics used to make fertilizers ) in its food and had to make a recall. This is
distributed to retail stores not just in NY State
Chenango Valley Pet Foods announced on the local TV today and also in the newspapers.
Recalled..........Doctor Foster and Smith........Chicken and brown rice
dog food, also cat foods, and lick your chops lamb meal for cat foods.
Will this ever end...........
Our poor, little pets..............

More Natural Balance recalled!!

Chicken Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Lamb Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Beef Formula Canned Dog Food 13 oz
Ocean Fish Formula Canned Cat Food 3 oz & 6 oz

This is as of 4/26. Natural Balance is made by Diamond foods. Here is a really good, thorough list of foods that have been recalled or not. This person put a lot of work into calling the major pet food companies.

http://www.thepetfoodlist.com/

They keep it up to date. I check it constantly for the lastest foods and food manufacturers. Remember, just because a pet food company says that their food was not affected by the recall, does not mean they are not made by Menu Foods and it doesn't mean that they don't use the ingredients that are being recalled...wheat gluten and rice protein.​

so much for our glorious america and its 'amber waves of grain'. how are we supposed to knw what's going into our food if companies are buying the cheapest stuff out there, and other countries aren't covered by U.S. health & safety regulations....? so...... we have this enormous country, and we can't even grow our own wheat here anymore?? well.. it's not surprising.. as more & more of the most fertile land is being sold off to developers to be paved over and have have suburbs and strip malls built on them... it's just not as 'profitable'.
so... what happens when there's a major climate crisis in china.. say a huge drought that has far-reaching consequenses.. which there already is, but what if one wipes out our intended food supply?? what if we get so dependent on them for everything (we'll probably be importing WATER from them soon, at this rate!)... and we will have paved over all our farmland,, our population is exploding at an unprecendented rate.... all the farms have been sold off... no one wants to think about where our food comes form anymore.... does anyone else find this whole thing troubling and alarming....???

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxnum
Back