IN IN - Jasmine McNew, 20, Found Dead in Home - New Albany, 6 Sept 2019.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

margarita25

Reaction score
Mystery surrounds death of 20-year-old woman found in New Albany home

“The woman's body was found at 3:30 a.m. Friday inside a home on Valley View Court in New Albany. Police stayed on scene for 80 hours, finally leaving around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.”

Snip

“An autopsy was completed Monday morning, but police have not said how the woman died.

"I asked him, I said, what happened? Drugs or murder? The cop said, 'something real bad'," Schuppert said.”

I looked on the map and New Albany seems like it would be more considered "Louisville" and probably more local there.

It's very mysterious tho, more from the article posted above:

snips and bbm

The woman's body was found at 3:30 a.m. Friday inside a home on Valley View Court in New Albany. Police stayed on scene for 80 hours, finally leaving around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.

"I've never seen anything like this and I've lived here off and on for 80 years," neighbor Gerald Schuppert said.

"It's scary. It makes your nerves on edge," neighbor Casondra Randall said.

Investigators with the New Albany Police Department and Indiana State Police are working on the case.

"We've seen them go through (with) blue lights in the house. We've seen them having the police just roaming the streets, asking us questions," Randall said.

Police said a 20-year-old woman was found dead inside the house.

An autopsy was completed Monday morning, but police have not said how the woman died.

"I asked him, I said, what happened? Drugs or murder? The cop said, 'something real bad'," Schuppert said.

Neighbors await answers as New Albany police continue investigating 20-year-old woman’s death
Police were called in early Friday morning and have kept officers at the home around the clock since after they discovered the body of a 20-year-old woman.

New Albany police have not yet identified the 20-year-old female victim. An autopsy was performed Monday and police are waiting for toxicology results in the case, New Albany Police Chief Todd Bailey said.

Randall said the woman in the home that officers have blocked off lived there with her young child. She said the woman was nice.

“We had cut her grass several times and spoke with her,” Randall said. “She was a very sweet lady.”

Bailey said police will always preserve death scenes until the autopsy is complete, stressing there is no current threat to public safety.

Sounds like LE might be thinking it was an od, since they're waiting on the tox results.

Assuming that the young woman found dead in the home is the one who lived there, where is her young child, and was the child found in the home with the body?

JMO.

“Police said they are waiting on toxicology results and that could take several weeks.”

Sep 9, 2019

—-

Police continue to investigate New Albany women's death
Sep 9, 2019

“The investigation is being led by the New Albany Police Department's Criminal Investigations Unit, with assistance from Indiana State Police.”

—-

Police investigating death of 20-year-old woman in New Albany
Sep 7, 2019

“The name of the woman found dead has not been released.”

—-

New Albany Police conducting death investigation
September 6, 2019

“There is no outstanding threat to public safety pertaining to the investigation.”

—-

“New Albany police responded around 3:30 a.m. to Valley View Court near Green Valley Road and State Street on a report of a deceased 20-year-old woman, according to a news release.”

Police investigating death of woman found early Friday in New Albany
The 20-year-old woman was found dead in an apartment on Valley View Court
Sep 6, 2019

Last edited:
Bringing forward posts on this discussion from Abby’s and Libby’s thread:

Look who is from New Albany and released from prison on Thursday, the day before this woman’s body was found.

Last of four charged with murder, torture of New Albany teen in 1992 released

“Nearly 28 years after 12-year-old Shanda Sharer was beaten, tortured and burned to death in rural Southern Indiana, the last of her four killers has been released from prison.

Staff from Indiana Women's Prison in Indianapolis confirmed that Melinda Loveless, 44, was released Thursday, after serving 26 years and eight months for the 1992 killing of Sharer.”

Oh yeah I remember that case...very interesting coincidence?

Her last name is certainly appropriate :(

Last edited:
Neighbors await answers as New Albany police continue investigating 20-year-old woman’s death
Police were called in early Friday morning and have kept officers at the home around the clock since after they discovered the body of a 20-year-old woman.

New Albany police have not yet identified the 20-year-old female victim. An autopsy was performed Monday and police are waiting for toxicology results in the case, New Albany Police Chief Todd Bailey said.

Randall said the woman in the home that officers have blocked off lived there with her young child. She said the woman was nice.

“We had cut her grass several times and spoke with her,” Randall said. “She was a very sweet lady.”

Bailey said police will always preserve death scenes until the autopsy is complete, stressing there is no current threat to public safety.

Sounds like LE might be thinking it was an od, since they're waiting on the tox results.

Assuming that the young woman found dead in the home is the one who lived there, where is her young child, and was the child found in the home with the body?

JMO.
She lived there with a young child? Where is that child now?

I looked on the map and New Albany seems like it would be more considered "Louisville" and probably more local there.

It's very mysterious tho, more from the article posted above:

snips and bbm

The woman's body was found at 3:30 a.m. Friday inside a home on Valley View Court in New Albany. Police stayed on scene for 80 hours, finally leaving around 11:30 a.m. on Monday.

"I've never seen anything like this and I've lived here off and on for 80 years," neighbor Gerald Schuppert said.

"It's scary. It makes your nerves on edge," neighbor Casondra Randall said.

Investigators with the New Albany Police Department and Indiana State Police are working on the case.

"We've seen them go through (with) blue lights in the house. We've seen them having the police just roaming the streets, asking us questions," Randall said.

Police said a 20-year-old woman was found dead inside the house.

An autopsy was completed Monday morning, but police have not said how the woman died.

"I asked him, I said, what happened? Drugs or murder? The cop said, 'something real bad'," Schuppert said.

This area is referred to as Kentuckiana. Actually, people that live on the Indiana side of Louisville are plenty concerned about the crime in Louisville coming here. Not to say it can't be someone from Indiana.

She lived there with a young child? Where is that child now?
No, this woman is now 20 years old, we haven't found where her child is. The child is still a child. The woman released from prison last week is not the woman's child. Gosh I hope this makes sense.

Although I have no idea what is meant by the two cases being combined - the deceased 20 year old and the newly released prisoner.

MOO

It
No, this woman is now 20 years old, we haven't found where her child is. The child is still a child. The woman released from prison last week is not the woman's child. Gosh I hope this makes sense.

Although I have no idea what is meant by the two cases being combined - the deceased 20 year old and the newly released prisoner.

MOO

I don't either. We don't even know the name of the deceased.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back