Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited to put sins as "sins" with quotes. SHe was a young kid, and I don't want to make it seem like she was in any way "bad" or responsible here. She wasn't! But that might be what went through RA's mind when he killed her? Even remove "sins" and replace with any other word "bad girl", "naughty temptress" or whatever sick thing he may have conjured up in his fat head. Same concept.

He may have gone after her /them because *he* blamed someone (them or someone like them) for something like men being attracted to kids, or for something that had possibly happened to someone he had cared about (eg: this is a random example! AND IT IS FICITIONAL! ONLY USING IT TO TRY TO CLARIFY MY THOUGHTS HERE - If someone had hurt his own sister, and it screwed up a lot of his life, he might then blame his sister for the issues, rather than the perpetrator (or both parties really). He couldn't bring himself to hurt his sister, so he went after someone who he believed represented his sister?

I think that deep inside, he just wanted sexual gratification in a twisted way. But he could invent some reason to justify it, yes.

It could even be - he might have initially targeted someone else, buying contraception or plan B, but these people didn’t show up, or showed later, or came with guys, so he attacked the young girls.

I would check if any of the women using his pharmacy in Delphi or Peru disappeared, or were killed. I assume CVS is a network, so you could check clients attending other branches. Maybe there is a connection between young women using CVS in Indiana and disappearing?

Does anybody know how questioning works?

So will he be questioned daily now to try and get the facts down and I’m guessing there is limit to how long he can be questioned for in a day.
He has probably lawyered up so I doubt they attempt any questioning without his attorney and any decent def attny will tell him to keep his trap shut... unless he wants strike a deal. Jmo

I can't remember off the top of my head, did LE ever confirm or deny if there were signs of sexual assault when the bodies were examined? Or did they just avoid answering the question?
I don't think LE ever did, but there were things written in the alluvial depths of these threads from someone close to the family.

Does anyone think they had enough DNA to test from the scene? I wonder if they ever considered pretty much testing the adult males of the town. Cost?
I believe a dna (voluntary) dragnet was used -or was attempted in the Christa Worthington case (Truro,MA). Iirc the ACLU got involved. I don’t recall the outcome.

Just an ordinary neighborhood, an average home. Lived in the Delphi community for at least 16 years.

Allen, 50, lives in a residential neighborhood, on Whiteman Drive in Delphi.

Property records show Richard and Kathy Allen have owned the home, currently valued at $171,800, since 2006. The home is a half-mile from Delphi Community Middle School where Abby Williams and Libby German attended.

scary.

That's just initial scheduling, but I would bet my life on there not being a trial that soon.

This thing will be pushed and pushed.
Completely agree on this - especially if more arrests come. DA will be pretty busy building the case and defendant/s will have to find counsel. And then the delay games begin. Prayers for the family a plea is reached and they’re spared from the details that will come out in court.

BBM, oh no i'm so glad he didn't. When there was all that talk about RL and people were thinking it was him, I won't lie i was pretty disappointed that he had already passed away. I'm glad we got this guy alive.
I will take heat for this but MOO that RL had some insider knowledge of what happened that day.

Avoid, and we don’t need to know. Think of the girls’ mothers.
I would think the family saw the autopsy report. I'm not sure it can be withheld from them.
I can't remember off the top of my head, did LE ever confirm or deny if there were signs of sexual assault when the bodies were examined? Or did they just avoid answering the question?

@Ozoner I can’t find your pst now wherein you stated I was spreading a rumour that KAK arranged to meet LG at the bridge but I didn’t just randomly make that up:

“A couple of pages later in the transcript, the trooper confronts Kline saying that Anthony Shots was supposed to meet Libby on the Delphi High Bridge the day she died.”
Interesting that she was supposed to meet AS on the bridge the day she died, yet RA appeared instead.

Back to what I've posted a few times now (below) as it appears perhaps KAK & RA were in cahoots with each other (MOO)... I feel it's also a possibility that he was there was well. Perhaps he was "down the hill". Also, he might have set that up to photograph child p*rn with either RA (forced, as there was no way in my mind they would have gone through with it), or perhaps the "staging" that has been mentioned was placing them in 'compromising positions' after they had been murdered for a photo op for his personal collection. MOO! As sick as that sounds it has been known to happen, unfortunately, which is why I brought it up as a possibility. :(

We are going to continue a very methodical and committed approach to ensure that if any other person had any involvement in these murders in any way, that person or persons will be held accountable.

A man has been arrested and charged with murder in the 2017 killings of 2 teen girls in Indiana, authorities say | CNN

A man has been arrested in the case of the 2017 killings of Abigail Williams, 13, and Liberty German, 14, in Delphi, Indiana, authorities said Monday.
www.cnn.com
www.cnn.com

What was he arrested for previously

RA wasn't arrested previously, the booking info from last week initially had his height (5'4"?) listed, then removed. It was noted in the previous thread. I should have worded it more clearly. AFAIK, RA has no priors.

In any case, I think the initial estimate of the perp's height sort of put people in a mindset that eliminated short people from scrutiny. Had the estimate been say, 5'3" to 5'9", he might have been suspected by many.

I'd imagine there's some hierarchy of characteristics when searching for a suspect, with height at or near the top.

Chicago PD uses this to describe suspects:

"A variety of general description information about the suspect should be noted:
  • Sex
  • Race or national origin
  • Age (estimated)
  • Height-use comparisons with your own height, a door, or some other standard measure
  • Weight (estimated)
  • Build-fat, husky, slim, muscular, etc"
Then they continue with other characteristics: hair color, eye color etc

Getting one or more of the key characteristics wrong throws everyone off the trail.

Didn't investigators look at RA early on, then discard him as a likely suspect? Could the height estimate have been a key reason why?

All moo.

I see that RA developed photos for Libby's grandparents, but I am also seeing that he was a pharmacy tech. Can anyone confirm if he in fact worked in the pharmacy or was he a front store employee? I am a former CVS (front store) employee and pharmacy and front store employees were not interchangeable (at least not at the store where I worked). In my experience it would be highly unlikely that a pharmacy tech would have developed photos.

I remember reading just a few hours ago that he lived remarkably close to them. What's the distance exactly?

I googled the square footage of Delphi proper. It is 2.73 miles. He was living 2 miles away, but virtually everything in Delphi is 2 miles away. If anyone is local, please correct me if I am wrong,

@Ozoner I can’t find your pst now wherein you stated I was spreading a rumour that KAK arranged to meet LG at the bridge but I didn’t just randomly make that up:

“A couple of pages later in the transcript, the trooper confronts Kline saying that Anthony Shots was supposed to meet Libby on the Delphi High Bridge the day she died.”
Thanks for the link. ^^^

That information has been out there for a while now, and it's official.
Still thinking there may be more people involved ?
Hoping strongly that LE nabs them all !
M00.

I would think the family saw the autopsy report. I'm not sure it can be withheld from them.
It's common for autopsy reports to be withheld from loved ones as long as the case is called an active investigation. There are family of homicide victims that decades later still don't know how their loved ones died. All because the case is still an active investigation. IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knoop