Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not only did Allen help Libby’s grandparents with photos at CVS….but they were for Libby’s funeral!!

Patty does not know Allen, she said, but German is a regular at the CVS and knew Allen from shopping at the store. She recalled a specific encounter with Allen following Libby’s death.

“I went into the store to print photos of Libby for the funeral, and he was the one who helped me,” German said. “I was a mess trying to get the images off my phone. Once they were printed, he looked at me and said, ‘I’m not gonna charge you for this.’”

Just chilling.

Does anyone want to chime in with their opinions about why RA's vehicle was towed away?
Possible DNA from the girls? The first thing I thought of when I saw it was towed. The crime scene was bloody. How old is the vehicle? How long would it take to get dna results back? Even if the car was repeatedly cleaned, there is a chance they found a minute amount. JMO.

Following Monday’s news conference, Carter told HLN he had “already gotten tips directly since 10 o’clock.”
……
While details are not yet forthcoming, a couple who lives near Allen and asked not to be named said they saw unmarked police vehicles at Allen’s home October 13. Close to nightfall, a deputy arrived with a sheet of paper, which the deputy showed to Allen before they began searching the house and yard. the neighbors said.

A tow truck took away Allen’s black SUV, they said, and officers exited the home with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox. They also set up lights in the back yard next to a shed and dug out two small areas, while appearing to use a metal detector, they said. Allen remained outside the home, and his wife left twice, returning the second time after deputies had left.

One of the neighbors asked a deputy whether he should be worried, and the deputy responded, “Just remain vigilant, especially with your wife and daughters.”

Allen never stood out, the couple said. He lives with his wife and cat and rarely has visitors, they said. They frequently saw him in his driveway smoking cigarettes and drinking beer after work, they said.

I wonder if they're thinking there may be evidence of more recent crimes in his SUV. JMO

It seems from various reports over the weekend that he was an average citizen of the community. Bar staff said he didn't talk much, current CVS staff aren't talking but previous co-workers didn't really say anything good or bad about him, most comments have been neutral.
I can imagine he tried his best to blend in to the community. Making sure not to draw any attention to himself, good or bad. I don't think he'd want anyone getting too close which could mean them getting to know him as a person..sick perversions and all.

One of the neighbors asked a deputy whether he should be worried, and the deputy responded, “Just remain vigilant, especially with your wife and daughters.”

Allen never stood out, the couple said. He lives with his wife and cat and rarely has visitors, they said. They frequently saw him in his driveway smoking cigarettes and drinking beer after work, they said.

BBM. I wonder if this was really said. Never thought of this before, but what if RA committed another crime recently (or attempted to), and that's what brought attention back on him.

I respectfully disagree. Perhaps not all teenage girls will pay attention to an older man, but some most certainly do. I can use myself as an example. At age 10 or so (so not even a teen) my first crush was the actor Kevin McCarthy. He was 42 when I saw him in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (below if you haven't seen the film and don't recognize the clip). Then I went on at age 19 to date someone 13 yrs my Sr. and almost married him. We were together for years.

So trust me when I say... I paid attention to older men when I was a young lass. LOL They were SO much more interesting and better looking than the "stupid boys" my age. I also hung out with adults at a very young age at holiday parties because I thought the kids my age were immature (they were). The adults didn't mind me hanging around because I didn't act like the other kids. All MOO and my personal experiences.

View attachment 377051
I was the same in all ways. When I was 16 I had a mad crush on my 52 year old physician. I also liked older men on tv. That said, I don’t think Libby and Abby liked what they saw in BG.

Following Monday’s news conference, Carter told HLN he had “already gotten tips directly since 10 o’clock.”
……
While details are not yet forthcoming, a couple who lives near Allen and asked not to be named said they saw unmarked police vehicles at Allen’s home October 13. Close to nightfall, a deputy arrived with a sheet of paper, which the deputy showed to Allen before they began searching the house and yard. the neighbors said.

A tow truck took away Allen’s black SUV, they said, and officers exited the home with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox. They also set up lights in the back yard next to a shed and dug out two small areas, while appearing to use a metal detector, they said. Allen remained outside the home, and his wife left twice, returning the second time after deputies had left.

bbm
A way to extract dna.
Imo.

……

Everything they took makes sense to me other than the stack of books. That was a "Huh?" moment for me when I read that. I can't even imagine what books LE would find important in a POIs house. Unless they are "How to" books on something only LE currently knows about.

Everything they took makes sense to me other than the stack of books. That was a "Huh?" moment for me when I read that. I can't even imagine what books LE would find important in a POIs house. Unless they are "How to" books on something only LE currently knows about.
Photography
Horror
Those are the mild possible subjects.

Maybe there were photos (or something else) sandwiched in between the pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member