Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #152 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did LE make that statement though. Was it before they knew about KK? I don't remember.

4th anniversary, Feb 2021. That‘s a few months after KAKs arrest and interview of Aug 2020.

Q. The public has heard for four years, the investigation “is one puzzle piece from being solved.” What is that one piece specifically? Is it a name? Is it Jon Doe told me he killed the kids? Or, are you looking for confirmation of what you know- Jon Doe was not at work, he has a blue jacket, he cut his hair on Feb 14 or I saw a guy with a bloody jacket at 4 p.m. on Feb 13 at the gas station? You are not giving the public a lot to work with yet no arrests in four years. Aren’t you worried about more victims? Is the suspect dead or incarcerated so that is why no press conference or additional information is being released?

A. The person specifically responsible for Abby and Libby’s death. Our team of trained, experienced, and professional investigators will know that “one piece” when they see it.

Q. In your professional opinion, would you describe the deaths of the six females as “planned”? (***This question refers to six which included not only Libby and Abby, but also the four sisters who died in the Flora fire****).

A. No. (*****in response to planned?****) Rather, “victims of circumstance or opportunity.” Additionally, ISP is the lead with the Flora investigation. Our agency is not actively involved with that investigation.

(******) added by me

Last edited:
I missed everything. Is anyone willing to give me a small synopsis on what came out today?
I can try. Not a lot of new info to be honest. RA was charged with 2 counts of murder. He pled not guilty and there is no bond. The probable cause affidavit and charging documents are sealed, and there will be a hearing to determine if they remain that way. Trial set for March currently. The investigation and tip line remain open, and they want to get every person involved. But they didn’t say there were more people involved for sure.

I'm sure he got rid of the shoes used during the murders, but it would be interesting to see if some or all of his other shoes have lifts. Maybe he deliberately went to flats (whatever a male equivalent is of those) afterwards to emphasize his being altitude-challenged, and moving him off the suspect bullseye? Moo

Did they ever release shoe size of the suspect? Those I think are harder to fake (?) and would really narrow the field. Especially if they were little feet instead of sz 12 clodhoppers.

Also any occurrence of other footprints in a rarely travelled area would of course indicate more suspects. Unless the scene was already contaminated by footprints of searchers. Soooo many questions.

Moo
“altitude-challenged” lol

I wonder if he planned any part of this in advance - like did he wear bigger shoes so the possible prints wouldn’t match his usual shoe prints?

Has his official height been released?

MOO

Everything they took makes sense to me other than the stack of books. That was a "Huh?" moment for me when I read that. I can't even imagine what books LE would find important in a POIs house. Unless they are "How to" books on something only LE currently knows about.
One idea: With a little cutting out a book conceals a cd very well.

I can try. Not a lot of new info to be honest. RA was charged with 2 counts of murder. He pled not guilty and there is no bond. The probable cause affidavit and charging documents are sealed, and there will be a hearing to determine if they remain that way. Trial set for March currently. The investigation and tip line remain open, and they want to get every person involved. But they didn’t say there were more people involved for sure.
Thank you so much for that!! I appreciate it.

*SNIPPED Following Monday’s news conference, Carter told HLN he had “already gotten tips directly since 10 o’clock.”
……
While details are not yet forthcoming, a couple who lives near Allen and asked not to be named said they saw unmarked police vehicles at Allen’s home October 13. Close to nightfall, a deputy arrived with a sheet of paper, which the deputy showed to Allen before they began searching the house and yard. the neighbors said.

WHAT led them to this man to begin this, to draft a probable cause and issued a search warrant and two weeks later an arrest? Did the warrant cover DNA?

Thank you so much for that!! I appreciate it.

And when LE dug in his yard, his neighbor said one of the holes they dug was tiny, about the size of a bottle cap. Also, they used a metal detector. So some are thinking they may have found a SD card or sim card and I think someone theorized it might be a piece of the girl's jewelry

I respectfully disagree. Perhaps not all teenage girls will pay attention to an older man, but some most certainly do. I can use myself as an example. At age 10 or so (so not even a teen) my first crush was the actor Kevin McCarthy. He was 42 when I saw him in The Invasion of the Body Snatchers (below if you haven't seen the film and don't recognize the clip). Then I went on at age 19 to date someone 13 yrs my Sr. and almost married him. We were together for years.

So trust me when I say... I paid attention to older men when I was a young lass. LOL They were SO much more interesting and better looking than the "stupid boys" my age. I also hung out with adults at a very young age at holiday parties because I thought the kids my age were immature (they were). The adults didn't mind me hanging around because I didn't act like the other kids. All MOO and my personal experiences.

View attachment 377051
I think you would be the exception not the norm. 14 and 50 is a huge age gap and this wasn’t some 50 year old hunk lol

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, only have time to pop in and out today, but what evidence do we have that RA was working as a Pharmacy technician at CVS at the time of the murders. There's a lot of speculation going on around this assumption. And yet we have actual evidence he DID NOT receive a Pharmacy technician's license until late 2017 going into 2018. Which means he could have been working a completely different kind of job or even have been unemployed in February 2017. Perhaps the pharm tech career was a sudden swerve, a course correction after the events of the double murder.

Because while we do have it confirmed he has been working at the CVS over the past few years and currently, I do think it's an error to assume he had any contact with Libby or Abby or their families as a CVS employee, prior to the murders. In fact, we currently have documentation to the contrary.

WHAT led them to this man to begin this, to draft a probable cause and issued a search warrant and two weeks later an arrest? Did the warrant cover DNA?
That information was not released.

Everything they took makes sense to me other than the stack of books. That was a "Huh?" moment for me when I read that. I can't even imagine what books LE would find important in a POIs house. Unless they are "How to" books on something only LE currently knows about.
Maybe they were books about violent, sadistic crimes, or serial killers, etc.

I'm sorry if this has been discussed, only have time to pop in and out today, but what evidence do we have that RA was working as a Pharmacy technician at CVS at the time of the murders. There's a lot of speculation going on around this assumption. And yet we have actual evidence he DID NOT receive a Pharmacy technician's license until late 2017 going into 2018. Which means he could have been working a completely different kind of job or even have been unemployed in February 2017. Perhaps the pharm tech career was a sudden swerve, a course correction after the events of the double murder.

Because while we do have it confirmed he has been working at the CVS over the past few years and currently, I do think it's an error to assume he had any contact with Libby or Abby or their families as a CVS employee, prior to the murders. In fact, we currently have documentation to the contrary.

You’re correct that he was not a pharmacy tech at the time of the murders. But he worked for CVS in another capacity and was recognized by Libby’s grandmother as someone who helped them print photos for the funeral.

Last edited:

Becky Patty said he helped her with photos and didn't charge her.

I missed everything. Is anyone willing to give me a small synopsis on what came out today?
Pretty much nothing.

The AA and the charging documents themselves are sealed. They confirmed at the press conference that he's been charged with two counts of murder, but refused to provide any other information. So we don't even know under what exact part of Indiana's homicide statute he's been charged or if there are any additional charges (I imagine there are).

Edit: whoops, someone beat me to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member