Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious what others think,
IIRC it’s not common to go straight to killing.
There’s usually a gradual incline of crimes and severity before arriving at murder.
Does anyone else feel he’s done something similar or has a history we’ve yet to see that will show progression?
I think you will probably be right. If his first crime really is the double murder of two teenage girls in broad daylight on a local frequented trail then he sure is breaking the norms.

Just curious what others think,
IIRC it’s not common to go straight to killing.
There’s usually a gradual incline of crimes and severity before arriving at murder.
Does anyone else feel he’s done something similar or has a history we’ve yet to see that will show progression?
I think he has committed other crimes if not murders before. For a man of his age its a bit late in the day to just start randomly killing children and two children at the same time.

Here we go! This comes as zero surprise to me and I suspect there are going to be similar events coming to light soon.

So now we have RA often sitting in the driveway drinking and smoking, visiting a local pub a few times a week and a domestic incident at 3:30am that was called in to police before he was taken to a hospital.

Who wants to place a bet that he’s an alcoholic, abusive, likely pedophile? Yeah, real nice guy. Imo

<modsnip - off limits>

This is why I still believe he acted alone that day. Someone with massive anger issues , repressed rage and he goes on a walk and he sees two vulnerable teenage girls.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm nervous here. I truly can't wait to hear more evidence than that sketch. Don't have a warm and fuzzy feeling yet. Too much reasonable doubt at this point.
If they have computer and other evidence linking him to the girls, and being there that day, and the murder scene — which I believe they do — there’s no reasonable doubt.

If they have computer and other evidence linking him to the girls, and being there that day, and the murder scene — which I believe they do — there’s no reasonable doubt.
I have been following this case all along, and read about various 'suspects' by both media and the public. RA is the first person I have gotten a 'this is the guy' type feeling. Of course, he was arrested as such and there sounds like alot of evidence in the works, but still, just looking at him gives me that 'chilling' feeling. (I know, not very scientific, that last remark I made)

I have been following this case all along, and read about various 'suspects' by both media and the public. RA is the first person I have gotten a 'this is the guy' type feeling. Of course, he was arrested as such and there sounds like alot of evidence in the works, but still, just looking at him gives me that 'chilling' feeling. (I know, not very scientific, that last remark I made")
It's called 'instinct'.

I have been following this case all along, and read about various 'suspects' by both media and the public. RA is the first person I have gotten a 'this is the guy' type feeling. Of course, he was arrested as such and there sounds like alot of evidence in the works, but still, just looking at him gives me that 'chilling' feeling. (I know, not very scientific, that last remark I made")
I understand, and have a similar feeling about him.

Long time lurker, first post. With all the fingerprint conversation in the past few pages, and with the revelation that RA didn't charge the family for funeral photographs, I'll be interested to find out if LE was ever able to get DNA or prints off of any photographs or packaging. Furthermore, in any of the evidence seized from the home, such as the books someone else mentioned upthread, if those books were photo books and also if CVS has those self service kiosks for photo processing. If they do, does the photo processing machine retain any user info? Like, could he have made copies of any family photos or photos he himself took at the crime scene and that information was saved and somehow discovered and reported to LE?

I am the same. I never got any feeling with any other names mentioned previously. In my head just none of them fit. Innocent until proven guility, of course, but this time RA fits for me.

A thought just popped into my head last night. Could RMA, who has been stated to have been talked to early in the investigation (not sure in what capacity), have given the alias name/ID and that is why LE did not know where to find him when they realized they needed to look at him again? Could this also be the reason that the investigation changed and the focus on the young guy sketch? Or has it been reported that the alias was in fact a clerical error? If so, then nevermind.

We know for a fact there was communication, but we don't know for a fact there was a plan to meet. KAK allegedly told a friend of the girls that was the case, but denied it to law enforcement.

This Facebook post I shared earlier, does indicate that communication took place the night before. It also makes an interesting point about the timing of the discussion with Kline, and Allen's discovery.

Update: FOX59 filed a records request to get the probable cause unsealed to learn what led police to arrest Richard Allen. In my 29 years of journalism I can’t remember a case where the PC was sealed. We have access to PCs daily. We will let you know how the judge rules. 

RSBBM, I can’t wait to hear the outcome of this request. Good to see news outlets are getting the ball rolling on motions to unseal, I would think there will be more news stations following suit with their requests too in the coming days. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meganreinert