Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a neighbor's vehicle; they towed a small hatchback. The Google Street View images are from 2015, well before he had his pharmacy tech license, as well.
I deleted my post because I wanted to watch the video again, when I did I realized it was a neighbor's car that I was seeing and not RAs.

Good question. And I wonder if it was videotaped.
IMO if he was negligent in not retrieving Libby’s phone. I doubt RA would have thought to video tape it himself and not sure how he could have manhandled two girls and videotaped at the same time. Maybe a few pics after, if it was videotaped then that would bring in another player. JMO

IMO if he was negligent in not retrieving Libby’s phone. I doubt RA would have thought to video tape it himself and not sure how he could have manhandled two girls and videotaped at the same time. Maybe a few pics after, if it was videotaped then that would bring in another player. JMO

Not knowing the location of libby’s phone could he have used her phone, pics, video.

So here is a question as I’m from the UK and we have different legal laws from the sounds of it.

Do you have contempt of court in the U.S?

I was just discussing this with a friend and I’m positive discussion threads like this in the UK would be locked because you could jeopardize legal proceedings.

So many are already assuming he is guilty so how can he get a fair trial?

Like Just imagine a future jury member reading this stuff. I’m intrigued by the different rules for this stuff as it’s never hit me before what a tight balancing rope it must be.

IMO - MOO

I seriously doubt it. He had just committed a brutal double murder, and I think he got out of there as fast as he could. He would have had evidence to dispose of, and an alibi to build. Had this search taken place days later or something, then I could see it, but this began that night, and ended the next day.
When did he come forward as a witness?

i'm still so confused about the sketches. The second one is a little off but i can see somewhat of a resemblance in the eyes. The first one though doesn't look like RA at all IMO. Like where did that come from?? Does make you wonder if he wasn't a lone wolf...
I'm confused about the sketches too. But if RA really was an early witness, is it possible he was the source of one of the sketches?

So here is a question as I’m from the UK and we have different legal laws from the sounds of it.

I was just discussing this with a friend and I’m positive discussion threads like this in the UK would be locked because you could jeopardize legal proceedings.

Like Just imagine a future jury member reading this stuff. I’m intrigued by the different rules for this stuff as it’s never hit me before what a tight balancing rope it must be.

IMO - MOO
That's why potential jury members are always asked about their familiarity with the case. Knowing about it doesn't mean an automatic dismissal though; what matters is if that juror can be impartial.

Under our free speech laws, there is no legal authority to stop anyone from discussing a case online. A judge cannot issue a gag order that affects the media or the public.

The only people who may have limitations put on them, are those affiliated with the prosecution and defense.

IMO - MOO

Yes - the laws are stricter about pre-trial publicity / online discussion in the UK

This is an article about CeCe Moore, a well-known genetic genealogist who used this technique to catch the Golden State Killer.

I became interested in this after I read "I'll Be Gone in the Dark," after the author of this obsessive quest died shortly before CeCe Moore found the identity of the GSK. That made me want to contribute to GEDmatch.

I have an identical twin who did 23and Me. I didn't do my own, because my sister and my granddaughter, who both did the spit tube, came up as each other's grandmother and granddaughter. I figured it would he superfluous for me to do it since my twin's was identical to what mine would be. Then Covid hit the world and I didn't want to spit into anything.

IMO a POTENTIAL reason that LE had their sights on RA but couldn't make an arrest MAY be that they did recover DNA at the crime scene, but RA was not listed in any database for DNA.

Then people like CeCe Moore who are working on genetic genealogy can sometimes build up a family tree of numerous generations and then follow it back down to a relative of a suspect, but that can be very time-consuming. Years. And it easily can be a relative on the other side of the world of whom no one is aware.

Now I want to do 23and Me and purposefully upload it to GEDMatch. If I have a tangentially related relative somewhere on Earth who committed a crime, I'd be proud to help.

Jmo

So, what are some thoughts about why the ISP and FBI Delphi murders websites still have the younger man sketch up, especially if that sketch is supposedly RA?
There were 2 men seen on the bridge that day. RA, and the guy in the sketch. The other one, may or may not have any connection to the case.

jmo

That's why potential jury members are always asked about their familiarity with the case. Knowing about it doesn't mean an automatic dismissal though; what matters is if that juror can be impartial.

Under our free speech laws, there is no legal authority to stop anyone from discussing a case online. A judge cannot issue a gag order that affects the media or the public.

The only people who may have limitations put on them, are those affiliated with the prosecution and defense.

Thank you for explaining this as I don’t know why it never occurred to me before about the differences. So I appreciate it :D

Can't believe there is finally an arrest in this case!

I never followed it here because the learning curve was too high - but I think i will follow the trial.

Gives a cause for optimism in other cases!

Last edited:

IMO - MOO
Yes we have contempt of court. Basically Contempt here is doing something against court orders. Example judge orders you to pay $500 and you fail to do so, a judge can find you in contempt. A judge can also place a gag order on a case. That does not stop us from talking about a case but it stops key players, attorneys etc from commenting. It is basically our right to free speech that lets a normal person, have a normal conversation, with another normal person about just about anything. Obliviously there are some limits.

If I am not mistaken her phone was found in the area of the crime scene. If he ever had possession of it IMO he would have kept it. Maybe another sleuther will weigh in on the location of her phone.
IIRC it was located on her person. I'm guessing, in her pocket? Apologies if I've misremembered, I haven't followed the case in years. Until last week, of course.

One must 'opt in' for use by Law Enforcement. I opted in bc if a family member has committed a heinous crime, they deserve to be caught.

The reason I uploaded my DNA to Gedmatch in the first place is they had additional/advanced tools for nerds before anyone else did. Ex. My exact eye color popped up, it was eerie. This was long before I'd heard of Parabon.

I opted in because I have zero living close blood relatives. If I go off the rails at some point, that's all on me.

IIRC it was located on her person. I'm guessing, in her pocket? Apologies if I've misremembered, I haven't followed the case in years. Until last week, of course.
I think you are right, in her pocket. I know it is hard to remember every little detail from 4+years ago. I remembered it being found . No way if he had of known the location of that phone, would he have left it in place. He could have possibly gone unidentified forever without its contents. It’s the little things perps forget.
edited to add content.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member