Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #153 *ARREST - Richard Allen*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A picture begins to form.....
This guy really should be a drug addict or drinker, just based on the type of crime this was. This fits, and I imagine more of this happened behind closed doors.

Context is everything, and while people who worked with him might not have seen anything concerning, people at home would have.

And this:

Richard Allen grew up in the small town of Mexico, about 30 miles from Delphi. Several people who knew him said all of them told us they never would have suspected him.

“People change over the years and I haven’t seen Ricky for a long time,” said David Yoder.

Yoder lived across the street from Allen when he lived in Mexico and grew up with his dad.

“He was an all-around good, normal everyday family man,” Yoder said. “There’s nothing out of the ordinary about him.”

Yoder said he lived in the home with his wife and daughter before moving to Delphi in 2006. But after hearing Allen was arrested and charged with killing Abby Williams and Libby German, he’s now questioning if he really knew him.

IDK. Please realize that this information about LE that was supposedly waiting around for hours for a search warrant at Allen’s house comes from a neighbor supposedly watching through binoculars…that’s the source.

LE must have had a search warrant when they arrived to get Allen and his wife out of the house….LE didn’t just knock on the door and say leave because I told you to.

I am looking forward to the day we finally get to read the probable cause doc and get some answers to all of these questions that have floated around.

AFAIK the warrant that arrived late in the day was specifically for his car. Apparently that wasn’t included on the initial warrant that covered search of his house & yard, which had been ongoing for hours.

Maybe they found something in the house that established prob cause to expand the search to his car IMO

ITA, cheers btw.

I firmly believed RA was somehow involved with KK/A_Shots, but now I'm not so sure. I think to have arrested and charged RA with these murders they have to have solid physical evidence linking him to the crime. That 'one piece of evidence' could have been DNA, fingerprints, an actual item belonging to one or both girls, weapon or hard drive.

We'll be nuts by the time the charging documents are released.
JMO here but I'm contemplating if KK arranged the meeting and then gave the information over to RA and it was RA who knew they were going to be there. Maybe he directed them down the hill to meeting the Anthonyshots guy. He could have even taken photos to share with KK. Could be why LE was on to him. JMO

So, are you saying that you can't record video in selfie mode? Thanks. It just seemed top me that she would have been more discreet and recorded with him behind her if it was possible. Of course it had nothing to do with trying to help confirm my belief that they crossed the bridge to return to the north side rather than the creek! :)
IIRC she had a iPhone 4.
Front selfie camera had video.

So, are you saying that you can't record video in selfie mode? Thanks. It just seemed top me that she would have been more discreet and recorded with him behind her if it was possible. Of course it had nothing to do with trying to help confirm my belief that they crossed the bridge to return to the north side rather than the creek! :)

I dont know anything except a selfie is not the same as a video lol! At one time the suggestion was made by BP on Dr Phil show that she thought Libby was holding her cellphone down and close beside her and making a slow swinging arm motion in order to briefly capture the suspect but I dont recall LE ever confirming anything about it at all.

But in not knowing the exact height of the cellphone when the video was taken might be what posed the challenge in determining the exact height of the man on the bridge. JMO

MEXICO, Ind. — The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that deputies were sent to Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen’s home in 2015 for a “domestic” incident.

The sheriff’s office was dispatched just after 3:30 in the morning on June 18, 2015, according to records obtained by FOX59. The sheriff said Allen was allegedly drunk and his wife took him to a Lafayette-area hospital for a medical evaluation.

Sheriff Leazenby said no law enforcement action was involved other than responding to “keep the peace.”
Possibly a jekyll and Hyde drunk ?

JMO here but I'm contemplating if KK arranged the meeting and then gave the information over to RA and it was RA who knew they were going to be there. Maybe he directed them down the hill to meeting the Anthonyshots guy. He could have even taken photos to share with KK. Could be why LE was on to him. JMO
I wondered if he was another user of the account, and saw what KAK had set up. Knowing that KAK wasn't going to show up (maybe he's always chickened out in the past), he went to 'meet' them instead. MOO

I think he came forward at the beginning because he was in CYA mode.
If someone mentioned they saw him there, walking towards there, etc, PLUS, yes, he inserted himself right into the middle of it by talking to LE.

What I am confused about and only because for the past 5 years, my main focus has been ( and LE's main focus should have been) about starting with the people they knew were there that day.
I mean, they were there, and if LE can/has confirmed it, those are the ones needed to be looked into and I believe a few years ago, Carter said they have spoken with others that were there.

I felt the one puzzle piece missing or one clue needed was that if they were suspicious of someone, they were having a hard time placing that person (BG) there at the bridge that day and that time.
I thought that was the missing piece, trying to prove a person was actually there.

But here we have RA, who just waltzed right into police office and admits, why, YES, I was there that day, during that time. YIKES

Have they been quietly, behind the scenes watching RA ?? I don't think so.

So what is/was the missing piece of puzzle ?? Is it, could it be KK ???

UGH-- now I need to go back and read up more on KK material because I really did not feel it was connected

See, I told you all, my thoughts are subject to change daily-- even by the hour.

I will patiently have to wait with all of you until the PC is released but until then, I will continue to drive myself crazy with trying to figure out the why, and how of Libby & Abby's murders.

I am opening a bottle of wine now-- carry on :)
bbm
ITA.
Hoping that the coming days will reveal much !

Just curious what others think,
IIRC it’s not common to go straight to killing.
There’s usually a gradual incline of crimes and severity before arriving at murder.
Does anyone else feel he’s done something similar or has a history we’ve yet to see that will show progression?

Just curious what others think,
IIRC it’s not common to go straight to killing.
There’s usually a gradual incline of crimes and severity before arriving at murder.
Does anyone else feel he’s done something similar or has a history we’ve yet to see that will show progression?
He'd be breaking all the rules if his first crime was a double murder in his mid 40s. I think the odds are high that he's gotten away with other crimes, perhaps sexually based ones.

I want to know what they find on his devices too, as I wouldn't be surprised if it was similar to what KK had.

MEXICO, Ind. — The Carroll County Sheriff’s Office confirmed that deputies were sent to Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen’s home in 2015 for a “domestic” incident.

The sheriff’s office was dispatched just after 3:30 in the morning on June 18, 2015, according to records obtained by FOX59. The sheriff said Allen was allegedly drunk and his wife took him to a Lafayette-area hospital for a medical evaluation.

Sheriff Leazenby said no law enforcement action was involved other than responding to “keep the peace.”
Here we go! This comes as zero surprise to me and I suspect there are going to be similar events coming to light soon.

So now we have RA often sitting in the driveway drinking and smoking, visiting a local pub a few times a week and a domestic incident at 3:30am that was called in to police before he was taken to a hospital.

Who wants to place a bet that he’s an alcoholic, abusive, likely pedophile? Yeah, real nice guy. Imo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stewsj