Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Their dropping 5 charges due to lack of evidence

In the article I read it was lack of evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" if we are getting technical meaning they don't think those would stick. It also states that they are asking to change some charges to lesser level offenses.

"Prosecutors are also asking a judge to amend more than a dozen charges against Kline. The request includes downgrading several counts from a level 4 to a level 5 felony or level 5 to level 6."

https://fox59.com/indiana-news/pros...s-upcoming-child-*advertiser censored*-trial/

It's just my opinion, but I think he selected somewhere he knew well that he thought was a "good" location. No CCTV, relatively quiet, no real way of escape once isolated at the other side of the bridge, accessible via the creek from right by his house to enable him to get in and out of the area with little chance of being spotted, a well hidden location to do whatever once across the creek and local so he knew school was out that day but that most adults would be at work -It'd be harder to find that age of victim on their own in a rural area at night.

I think he wanted to be in, out and back home with his family for dinner. Why he then decided to insert himself as a witness as suggested in MSM I'm unsure, unless that was all part of the thrill.
I agree for sure. I'm not an expert by any means but I've dabbled in some geographical profiling previously due to my degrees and if I remember correctly then it usually relies on the same two theoretical predictions that A) most offenders don't tend to travel far from their home location to commit their crimes and B) most offenders live within the area covered by their criminal activity. So it makes sense that LE said early on that they believed he was local and that RA did infact both live locally and didn't live far from the area where the actual murders took place.

DELPHI, Ind. — Authorities conducted an all-day search of the Delphi double murder suspect’s property around 10 days before his arrest, sources told The Post.

Non-uniform officers searched Richard Allen’s home, which he shared with wife K, and their property for about 12 hours, according to neighbors.

“They were definitely snooping around a lot at the fire pit and at the backyard,” a neighbor said, who described “lots of flashlights, lots of pictures, lots of sifting.”

Allen, 50, was arrested last week for the notorious Delphi murders, in which two Indiana teen girls were killed while hiking near their hometown five years ago, police confirmed Monday.

Cops believe Allen murdered Liberty “Libby” German, 14, and Abigail Williams, 13, on a hiking trail the day before Valentine’s Day in 2017.

<modsnip - 10% copyright rule>

Last edited by a moderator:
https://fox59.com/indiana-news/pros...s-upcoming-child-*advertiser censored*-trial/

The 28-year-old Kline has become synonymous with the Delphi murder investigation after it surfaced that he reportedly used a fake profile to communicate with at least 15 underage girls, including Delphi victim Libby German.

If he was able to show that it wasn't actually him that did something (ie solicited photos or a meeting or whatever), but actually this other person. That's basically the only way I can see that going down.
Agreed. Possession itself is the crime so a defense is to show that, for example, the ipad belonged to someone else in the house and you were not using it on this date. I would be interested to know if they dropped the charges related to a specific device because they did not feel they could prove it was 100% his and he used it on that date.

Wow. These threads are moving incredibly fast. I haven't posted here before but have followed this case from Australia from early days. Very haunting and to finally find the perpetrator is a huge relief. Of course no, it is not over yet. Long way to go and I commend the local police for the hard work they must have done.

Now... I have some thoughts.

1) Another case where an older male with a wife and children has suddenly up and committed double homicide seemingly out of nowhere- the case in my nametag (sorry if that's not what it's called I've not been joined a very long time and I am still learning). I am personally invested with that one as the victims are family and we are waiting to see if the perp has previous convictions. So, similar to here. Although victims were completely different age ranges (Abby and Libby young teens, Russell and Carol in their 70s) but still what causes someone to commit a double murder? What might the police find about the perps backgrounds?

2) Would RA really be so brazen as to insert himself into the investigation by making a false impression? Is that either really clever or really stupid? If it had absolutely NO features whatsoever like his I would agree with the idea that it was him but that second sketch (the younger looking guy), the nose is spot on in a few of the comparisons I've seen to his photos. Not that that means he couldn't have still done it. As a long time bald guy maybe he was being super conniving to have them looking for a dude with hair. Who knows.

3) The crime scene did go undiscovered for almost 24 hours (is that right?). I read lots of good reasons why but there is still a definite possibility that he took them somewhere and held them hostage and then returned them. Maybe that is the kidnapping part?

4) Someone mentioned maybe we are focusing on Libby and missing something with Abby. I think her not having a phone was her parents way of trying to protect her from growing up too fast, Libby was obviously interested in what she thought were good looking young guys, maybe Abby wasn't even interested yet and was unfortunately just there at the wrong place and wrong time. Not that I am victim blaming at all as Libby didn't deserve any of this either, but I do think the phone was a big part of this. Either in causing it or nailing the perp maybe both.
of course none of it should ever have happened the poor girls should have just been able to go on a walk and come home.
I shudder to think how many times I or my little sister went for a walk alone or just with a friend and weren't so unfortunate.

All MOO etc.

In the article I read it was lack of evidence "beyond a reasonable doubt" if we are getting technical meaning they don't think those would stick. It also states that they are asking to change some charges to lesser level offenses.

"Prosecutors are also asking a judge to amend more than a dozen charges against Kline. The request includes downgrading several counts from a level 4 to a level 5 felony or level 5 to level 6."

Downgrading felonies aka, making a deal? I wonder if next we will see the removal of his trial date due to a guilty plea.

Wow. These threads are moving incredibly fast. I haven't posted here before but have followed this case from Australia from early days. Very haunting and to finally find the perpetrator is a huge relief. Of course no, it is not over yet. Long way to go and I commend the local police for the hard work they must have done.

Now... I have some thoughts.

1) Another case where an older male with a wife and children has suddenly up and committed double homicide seemingly out of nowhere- the case in my nametag (sorry if that's not what it's called I've not been joined a very long time and I am still learning). I am personally invested with that one as the victims are family and we are waiting to see if the perp has previous convictions. So, similar to here. Although victims were completely different age ranges (Abby and Libby young teens, Russell and Carol in their 70s) but still what causes someone to commit a double murder? What might the police find about the perps backgrounds?

2) Would RA really be so brazen as to insert himself into the investigation by making a false impression? Is that either really clever or really stupid? If it had absolutely NO features whatsoever like his I would agree with the idea that it was him but that second sketch (the younger looking guy), the nose is spot on in a few of the comparisons I've seen to his photos. Not that that means he couldn't have still done it. As a long time bald guy maybe he was being super conniving to have them looking for a dude with hair. Who knows.

3) The crime scene did go undiscovered for almost 24 hours (is that right?). I read lots of good reasons why but there is still a definite possibility that he took them somewhere and held them hostage and then returned them. Maybe that is the kidnapping part?

4) Someone mentioned maybe we are focusing on Libby and missing something with Abby. I think her not having a phone was her parents way of trying to protect her from growing up too fast, Libby was obviously interested in what she thought were good looking young guys, maybe Abby wasn't even interested yet and was unfortunately just there at the wrong place and wrong time. Not that I am victim blaming at all as Libby didn't deserve any of this either, but I do think the phone was a big part of this. Either in causing it or nailing the perp maybe both.
of course none of it should ever have happened the poor girls should have just been able to go on a walk and come home.
I shudder to think how many times I or my little sister went for a walk alone or just with a friend and weren't so unfortunate.

All MOO etc.

Yeah the difficulty finding them until the next day I think always raised questions about whether they were taken somewhere & brought back. Pretty sure i recall LE saying no, that they were murdered where they were found…. but who knows what to believe with all the changes in direction etc

As for kidnapping - he doesn’t have to have taken them anywhere away from the scene. They have him recorded taking them “down the hill” & as long as they can show that was him, nothing more is needed

Allen’s neighbors told of seeing unmarked police vehicles at the man’s home last month. On the night of Oct. 13, they said, they saw a sheriff’s deputy arrive and show Allen a document, and then investigators began searching the house and yard.
As Allen remained outside, officers left the house with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox, the neighbors said. A tow truck drove away with Allen’s black SUV, they said.

I can't remember, but trying to save posts just in case. :) Here is KAK's thread. In retrospect, we may have been asked to keep his info on his thread? Does anyone know?

I can't remember, but trying to save posts just in case. :) Here is KAK's thread. In retrospect, we may have been asked to keep his info on his thread? Does anyone know?

Yes there is a mod note at the beginning of each thread. KAK should be discussed on his thread.

Allen’s neighbors told of seeing unmarked police vehicles at the man’s home last month. On the night of Oct. 13, they said, they saw a sheriff’s deputy arrive and show Allen a document, and then investigators began searching the house and yard.
As Allen remained outside, officers left the house with bundles of cloth or clothing, a stack of books, a shopping bag and a shoebox, the neighbors said. A tow truck drove away with Allen’s black SUV, they said.

Quoting my post

Thought he started there 2018?
Or did he get licensed pharmacy technician 2018 and was cashier there before?

Jmo

I am amazed nobody in the town from the 13th October never guessed why their house was searched for a few weeks. It goes to show literally nobody had any idea it was them. It was only last Friday it got out he had been arrested and it all started.

IMO

Last edited:
I could do without reading that. Makes me sick for the sheriff to say something nice about a suspected child killer. JMO

It's odd, certainly. Not sure what these details add in terms of making the case legally sound and durable -- I get that TL is clearly shocked by the seeming inability of his carefully-honed LE antennae to tingle in the presence of RA, but this and some earlier interviews seem like material that belongs in a book written years from now about the case and not now in advance of hearings, etc.

The community is clearly in shock. They are and should be talking to one another -- perhaps not to media in such detail, as serving LE. IMO. Especially given that the AA etc are presently under seal.

I wonder if we'll see some pleas sooner rather than later, or if RA will continue to be uncooperative with LE?

Last edited:
Thankyou for the new thread...wonder how many more we will need!

focus all seems to be on Libby. Just wondering if we should focus more on Abby? are we missing something with her?
I think it gives a window into RA somewhat, though. Very, very helpful to the sheriff.
I get your point and others too that have similar posts. I can understand the bar owner or neighbor saying he seemed nice, an average Joe, etc.
But it’s a bit much to me to have a sheriff saying that. You aren’t wrong. Nor are other posters. But to me, I didn’t like the way it came across.
However, LE can say whatever they feel like saying.

That’s true, & they’ve said lots more tips have come in since announcing his arrest

Still tho … the Delphi murder seems like the work of someone with nothing at all to lose, so I was always looking for like a homeless junkie JMO

Given all that RMA has to lose, if he wanted to commit a crime like this, why would he not do ANY of the following-
- go to another town
- choose a victim that wouldn’t be missed so quickly
- wait until cover of night
- find an area that wasn’t so popular
- make some attempt to hide the bodies & delay discovery
- not do the whole entire thing within a mile of his home
?!?!?!

The only explanation I can think of, which hardly covers it anyway, is that he was intoxicated on some kind of drug that made him insanely violent & without any restraint moo …

and I’m certainly not aware of any such drug. When I was a kid it was said that “angel dust” (? IIRC) gave people super-human strength & blinding rage, but I’m not sure it was able to turn a meek little family man into a deranged spree-killer of children. And his voice in Libby’s recording hardly sounds like someone bugging out in a violent drug-frenzy… he sounds in control of himself from what I can tell.

Agree, it's baffling.

OTOH, it actually reminds me a bit of an older case, IIRC the basis for "Joan's Law," where a science teacher named Jospeh MacGowan assaulted and murdered a kid who came to his door selling GG cookies.

An immensely angry person, who attacked the first vulnerable person who fit the bill, with horrific consequences. No detailed criminal history that might have predicted this -- just a vicious lashing out.

I'm not sure what will be found out about RA, but it's possible that there isn't a lot of predictive power in what they do find.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper