Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #154 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m just catching up on everything from today, and MOO, but gosh the handling of this case has gotten strange quickly.

It’s clear that heels are being dug in on the case remaining sealed, and while it personally doesn’t make a difference to me, the insistence that it remain sealed is quite peculiar. Many a high profile, awful case have come before this one, and many will come after. Tragic as the case is, it’s difficult for me to understand what it is about this case that is requiring such a lockdown of information. I’m fully prepared to be wrong and see that some absolute bombshell is dropped eventually, though.

<modsnip -quoted post was removed>

Last edited by a moderator:
Just my thoughts. I don't think is all that amazing that RA went this long without being caught. ISP has not really released much since the beginning, and far less than has been attributed to them in SM, as every word they have said has been scrutinized to the inth degree. Some of the most infamous serial killers in our history have flown under the radar for years.
Without being to vulgar, I would guess that the crime scene was a wash. he could have work gloves, and if they didn't find any of his hair, that's a wrap. Everyone in Delphi has been accused of being BG at some point or another. I would venture a guess that this is not his firs offence. As for KK, I don't doubt that his illegal online activity may have attributed to this crime in some way. It will not take long for oddities to come out about RA. Hind sight is 20/20. I have spent years saying look close. Someone that lives close to one of the girls, or works where they would come in contact with one of them. All the usual suspects in these type of crimes should always be teacher, preachers, coaches, family friends, etc.
Also, if you are working with other agencies, you will have a game plan of what to release as a strategy

(respecfully snipped for focus) On Q.3, as I understand it (and I no legal training experience other than a dozen college pals who became lawyers and a father-in-law who was a judge), the simple act of moving someone by threat or force, from a place where the person wants to be, constitutes some sort of "abduction" or "forcible restraint. Forcing the girls down the hill might be "kidnapping" in Indiana. (With luck our Romany girl attorney can 'splain it to me.)

Q.2.: I believe it is not uncommon for criminals to get inside an investigation; perhaps some want secret thrills, perhaps they want to know if they are being noticed as a suspect, perhaps some combination of the two. A part of either motive, IMO, can be discerned in the line spoken by a musician in the movie "Spinal Tap": Confronted with some faux pas, a guitarist remarks: "It's such a fine line between clever ... and stupid." :)
They are also bored and nosey. They think they are smarter and smirk at misdirection

Judge in Delphi murders case recuses himself; petitions Supreme Court of Indiana

View attachment 377825

Isn’t it virtually a sure thing that this trial will be moved elsewhere anyway, therefore it would be held in front of a judge from another municipality? I can’t imagine jury selection for such a high profile, media sensationalized case taking place amongst local Delphi citizens.

MOO, but I wish I were more surprised so many are completely vilifying Richard Allen, based only on him being arrested for the murders, charged, and having no bond. Which is not good, granted, but all evidence against him is sealed, so no one in the public or here on this website is aware of any evidence against him. Yet the knives are already out and the mob is howling for blood (not directed at you SortaSleuthy, your post was handy.) There are many others who apparently have made up their minds. Especially since this guy has no criminal history, which is puzzling, One explanation might be that he is not the right guy. I am going to wait until the evidence against him is made public before I make up my mind. There are plenty of innocent people who are arrested based on mobthink which even law enforcement is not immune to. Just ask Mr. Matheau Moore.
One of the best posts I've seen here or anywhere, about this case

Isn’t it virtually a sure thing that this trial will be moved elsewhere anyway, therefore it would be held in front of a judge from another municipality? I can’t imagine jury selection for such a high profile, media sensationalized case taking place amongst local Delphi citizens.

Not sure how it works in IN, but the Vallow/Daybell cases changed venue, but the judge didn't change.

I’m just catching up on everything from today, and MOO, but gosh the handling of this case has gotten strange quickly.

It’s clear that heels are being dug in on the case remaining sealed, and while it personally doesn’t make a difference to me, the insistence that it remain sealed is quite peculiar. Many a high profile, awful case have come before this one, and many will come after. Tragic as the case is, it’s difficult for me to understand what it is about this case that is requiring such a lockdown of information. I’m fully prepared to be wrong and see that some absolute bombshell is dropped eventually, though.
Well said. It’s not something I’ve seen before (in my 11 years on WS) and I believe I have followed some very high profile cases. JMO.

<modsnip>
What RA does have is close-set eyes (very close) and what that first-known sketch has is wide-set eyes (very wide). I just find that interesting. BG photo, no matter how blurry, shows very close-set eyes in my opinion. Make of it what you will.

Edited because I always need to fix something.

Last edited by a moderator:
BBM-That's what I thought about Pike county, Ohio, but they got a jury and there is currently a high profile trial going on there. And may be a second trial (same case, different defendant) next year.

In retrospect maybe instead of the sketches they should’ve hung the BG photos everywhere. It’s not that hard to see RMA in those IMO, especially from a distance. The height, the frame … maybe eventually someone would’ve caught sight of it & suddenly seen him! If nothing else, I bet he sees himself in those pics & maybe he could’ve been sweated out sooner.
Moo
I’ll say this again. The worst thing a detective or a task force can do is to release a drawing, sketch, or composite drawing of a suspect to the public. All it does is create chaos and unnecessary work that could be best used somewhere else. Way too many people think It’s a photograph and it only hurts the case when the defense attorney starts waving the sketch in front of the jury and he asks me, the lead investigator, “does he look like Mr. Jones”. Most of these sketches are generated by police chiefs and politicians who want the public to believe that “something“ is being done.

I’m getting the uncomfortable feeling that there is something very disturbing in the sealed documents.

MOO

This is the most frustrating part of "sealed documents." When they're unsealed, we'll have some idea of what happened. Until then, everything in the sordid imagination of the public potentially happened.

This is the most frustrating part of "sealed documents." When they're unsealed, we'll have some idea of what happened. Until then, everything in the sordid imagination of the public potentially happened.
Unfortunately Kelsi German is asking everyone to sign a petition to keep the documents sealed:

Unfortunately Kelsi German is asking everyone to sign a petition to keep the documents sealed:

If the court allows this to even be considered, they’ll be setting a precedent that would be very hard to deal with in the future. You’ll have every victim’s family asking for records to be sealed. The court system is designed to allow us to pick and choose how things are handled. Unless Indiana passes something like Marsy’s law.

I feel terribly for these families, but the court system cannot be equitable while treating some cases as more worthy of protection than others. MOO.

IMO no one is saying they plan on keeping the documents sealed forever. Honestly, for all we know come Nov. 22 (or sooner) they will unseal them. There has been a lot of scrambling for some reason. Moving custody of RA to IDOC, a judge recusing himself (which was apparently no surprise), special judge appointed. There is no telling what kind of threats have been made that we *don't* know about. Maybe when all involved are in a place of safety, whatever that looks like, they will be unsealed.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members