Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Attorneys that do pro bono, in my opinion, are typically involved in social causes, such as the below work, listed on that attorney's pro bono activities.
I would agree that occasionally an established attorney may volunteer for a murder trial if they thought an injustice/persecution was afoot. Edit to add, I don't think there is any chance this firm will be assisting RA.

Wrongfully convicted, drivers relicensing programs, redistricting litigation, refugees assistance, name and gender marker change.

IMO, the prosecution had Brian Golsby dead to rights for the murder of Reagan Tokes and I can't see any way he would have the money to retain Diane.

Is down the hill Podcast worth listening to?

I haven’t heard it before but it’s 8 hours so want to double check it’s factual and worth the time .

I thought it was well done for the most part, although if you've been following these threads reasonably closely it's mainly useful as a refresher and for the interviews with some of the main LE players, Libby and Abby's close friends and family, the FBI profiler O'Toole -- and Robert Ives.

This was supposed to quote the post about newbies. On this topic, (and newish) I found the list of acronyms Thread 'Websleuths Lingo' Websleuths Lingo but still learning and I am sure I will kick myself ..... what are YMMV, JMVHO, (sorry to hijack)
Ebm as didn't quote what I expected

IMO, the prosecution had Brian Golsby dead to rights for the murder of Reagan Tokes and I can't see any way he would have the money to retain Diane.
For the following, I think it is extremely unlikely that this attorney would be interested in RA's trial, whether the death penalty is possible or not.

Several sources said she saved Golsby's life (from the death penalty)
Due to the firm's interest in the subject matter, I'm guessing it was pro bono. It could have been paid for by the state, as they are required to supply an attorney qualified for this DP case. The other attorney, from a different firm, seemed not qualified to even do a murder case on his own, at that time.

From several news articles and from the firm's website, it seems that the death penalty and racial disparity, not the trial itself was the purpose in the Golsby case. From the firm:

RACE AND THE DEATH PENALTY IN OHIO
She’s on the firm’s Racial Justice Task Force and Diversity and Inclusion Council.

without-parole-is-worse-than-the-death-penalty

"Defense attorney Diane Menashe said after defending Brian Golsby in that trial and Smith, she is done taking death penalty cases"

For the following, I think it is extremely unlikely that this attorney would be interested in RA's trial, whether the death penalty is possible or not.

Several sources said she saved Golsby's life (from the death penalty)
Due to the firm's interest in the subject matter, I'm guessing it was pro bono. It could have been paid for by the state, as they are required to supply an attorney qualified for this DP case. The other attorney, from a different firm, seemed not qualified to even do a murder case on his own, at that time.

From several news articles and from the firm's website, it seems that the death penalty and racial disparity, not the trial itself was the purpose in the Golsby case. From the firm:

RACE AND THE DEATH PENALTY IN OHIO
She’s on the firm’s Racial Justice Task Force and Diversity and Inclusion Council.

without-parole-is-worse-than-the-death-penalty

"Defense attorney Diane Menashe said after defending Brian Golsby in that trial and Smith, she is done taking death penalty cases"

I hope that's true because she is too good. My absolute favorite defense attorney. She is amazing.

I thought it was well done for the most part, although if you've been following these threads reasonably closely it's mainly useful as a refresher and for the interviews with some of the main LE players, Libby and Abby's close friends and family, the FBI profiler O'Toole -- and Robert Ives.

Thanks il download the first two and see how I get on. It’s always good to get a refresh as I didn’t post on here for years as I got frustrated it hadn’t been solved.

I'm not sure we're going to know if he has a lawyer or not right now with the way everything is sealed.

Here's a for instance:

His mycase clearly says $20 million bail/bond. Yet a reporter shows a screenshot (and says prosecutor confirmed) of no bail/bond.

I honestly don't see anything different about him.

JMO
For clarity, the $20m bail is just a narrative in the description of the original arrest warrant/order pursuant to the probable cause affidavit. It may have very well been $20m at that time. It is likely the initial hearing then happened, and a modification request was granted to remove bail at that time. It's just not in a document description.

MOO

MOO

Or will this be a repeat of Barry Morphew’s successful defense.
MOO The prosecutor is playing around with fire.

The judge was afraid of the Daily Mail.

The police can’t keep a prisoner safe from other prisoners, or from himself in Carrol County and all the while rock hard
deadlines that trigger mistrials, or dismissal are clicking along.

Proceeding’s are public for a reason. If they lose a conviction over this - Wow.
If they have his DNA from one of the victims OR if he was in possession of a victim’s clothing OR had possession of victim photos … he’s toast … even with Iris Eytan. IMO

IMO I'm satisfied that if the judge in this case felt overwhelmed, by the attention this case had drawn and due to threats to his family, then he made a wise decision to recuse himself.

When I think of other judges in cases that brought national and international attention, some of them also couldn't handle the publicity well but enjoyed being famous. IMO. For example, Judge Ito in the O.J. Simpson murder trial. I don't think he handled the courtroom well but he seemed to thrive on becoming a household name.

I think personally that it was noble of this judge to admit he didn't have the resources and didn't want to handle this case.

Jmo

IMO I'm satisfied that if the judge in this case felt overwhelmed, by the attention this case had drawn and due to threats to his family, then he made a wise decision to recuse himself.

When I think of other judges in cases that brought national and international attention, some of them also couldn't handle the publicity well but enjoyed being famous. IMO. For example, Judge Ito in the O.J. Simpson murder trial. I don't think he handled the courtroom well but he seemed to thrive on becoming a household name.

I think personally that it was noble of this judge to admit he didn't have the resources and didn't want to handle this case.

Jmo
I agree with you. I will never forget the spectacle of Judge Ito enjoying the limelight.

Jmo
I agree with you totally about judges sometimes doing the opposite; Ito was awful. Though I don't think this judge did the case any favors letting his state of overwhelm show so obviously in his transfer order to state custody. Behaving in a circumspect and professional manner would have been better for all concerned in my opinion and really ought to be the bare minimum expectation for judges. JMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly