Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, I don’t understand it. I understand the anger associated with what RA is accused of. Allow justice to take care of that. But to destroy the life of someone not associated with the crime, is a crime of its own
Remember this is based on the words of someone currently in jail charged with the murder of two little girls.

His wife may have just left him. Very common, many such cases.

Honestly, I don’t understand it. I understand the anger associated with what RA is accused of. Allow justice to take care of that. But to destroy the life of someone not associated with the crime, is a crime of its own
the public had already considered her an accomplice
how she didnt recognize her own husband in that video ! they go
when the officers in le who interacted with him.. and had to look for him didnt
when the suspects came in all shapes and ages.. suddenly the video evidence was so clear and solid
is that strange .. considering every person that is part of this case was assaulted like family and the male witness turned into a suspect
cause this is abuse of power affiliated with the internet and lack of punishment

Remember this is based on the words of someone currently in jail charged with the murder of two little girls.

His wife may have just left him. Very common, many such cases.
Agreed. I just hope it’s not true, however, after what the Judge and other court workers went through, there may be truth to it.

MOO If I were RA's wife, I would be horrified and embarrassed to show my face in public. I don't believe she was involved in any way, but I understand her need to quit her job and move houses. This has to be utterly devastating for her and her daughter. Their whole sense of reality has just been smashed to bits!
When something like this happens, you become flooded with tiny realizations. Moments in time that didn't make sense come back to you with a vengeance, triggering feelings of betrayal, intense sorrow, and self-doubt. I hope they get professional help to see them through this trying time. MOO

At the 1:39 mark, the reporter said he asked DC about the Wabash River search and if it had to do with KAK in a deal he may or may not have made with prosecutors, and he said DC said it will all come out with the release of the PC affidavit.???

ISP leader talks Delphi murders

ETA: This doesn't completely match what was reported here, which was the same interview. Not sure what to think.

I-Team 8: There has been a lot of activity on this case today. Kegan Kline, 28, is a figure linked to the Delphi murders investigation, although he has not been charged in the deaths of Abby and Libby.(On) Kegan Kline, the prosecutor dismissed five charges. Is there any correlation between those charges being dropped and the search that was performed in the Wabash River? ?

Carter: No, absolutely not. I think he was charged with 30 counts, and they have dropped five, so it is 25. So, it is important the case has not been dropped against Kegan Kline.

Indiana police superintendent: Delphi murders' facts will come out at trial

Last edited:
Will they force him to sell his house to cover costs of the public defender?

His writing is very telling. Something about it, you can tell he needs control.

JMOO
His wife and he needs to divorce - this is one reason an attorney is important. To show them how to protect his wife and daughter (if innocent of suspicion of him) from the financial burden of his defense.

"Throw myself at the mercy of the court".....haven't heard that phrase in ages.
Maybe a rich and famous defense attorney will take on RA's case pro bono?
Very strange since certainly the LEOs who arrested him informed him that he's entitled to an attorney and one can be appointed.

There are lawyers committed to indigent defense who believe strongly the strength of your defense should not be correlated to how much money you have. So private attorneys in Indiana can be appointed and compensated at the court appointed counsel rate.

I don't know how many people would want to volunteer their time otherwise.

At the 1:39 mark, the reporter said he asked DC about the Wabash River search and if it had to do with KAK in a deal he may or may not have made with prosecutors, and he said DC said it will all come out with the release of the PC affidavit.???

ISP leader talks Delphi murders

ETA: This doesn't completely match what was reported here, which was the same interview. Not sure what to think.

I-Team 8: There has been a lot of activity on this case today. Kegan Kline, 28, is a figure linked to the Delphi murders investigation, although he has not been charged in the deaths of Abby and Libby.(On) Kegan Kline, the prosecutor dismissed five charges. Is there any correlation between those charges being dropped and the search that was performed in the Wabash River? ?

Carter: No, absolutely not. I think he was charged with 30 counts, and they have dropped five, so it is 25. So, it is important the case has not been dropped against Kegan Kline.

Indiana police superintendent: Delphi murders' facts will come out at trial
It is possible for both to be true. The charges being dropped may have been procedural and nothing to do with the RA stuff, but the Wabash River search may still be related and additional negotiations are ongoing (hence the request for continuance that was filed today on behalf of KAK).

MOO

Very strange since certainly the LEOs who arrested him informed him that he's entitled to an attorney and one can be appointed.

There are lawyers committed to indigent defense who believe strongly the strength of your defense should not be correlated to how much money you have. So private attorneys in Indiana can be appointed and compensated at the court appointed counsel rate.

I don't know how many people would want to volunteer their time otherwise.
OK, do I have this right? It is possible a private attorney could take RA's case, and be paid for by the state at an agreed upon state rate? Otherwise, he might be appointed a public defender?

OK, do I have this right? It is possible a private attorney could take RA's case, and be paid for by the state at an agreed upon state rate? Otherwise, he might be appointed a public defender?
Kind of- A private attorney, one that doesn't work for the public defenders office, can be appointed by the court as the public defender. It's not the defendant choice on who it would be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
momster0734