Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Monticello to Delphi:
MOO letter was mailed 11/1.
Delivered Thursday 11/3 in afternoon or Friday 11/4 and no one “received it” until Monday 11/7. Not filed in court till Wednesday 11/9.
RSBM

It was in some sort of mail purgatory from 11/1 to 11/4 based on the markings on the envelope. It was probably delivered during the weekend as a result and received Monday, as you propose.

RSBM

It was in some sort of mail purgatory from 11/1 to 11/4 based on the markings on the envelope. It was probably delivered during the weekend as a result and received Monday, as you propose.
Would you please link the photo or scan of the envelope? I’ve only seen the letter inside and haven’t been able to find the envelope in which it was sent.

ETA: I went back further in thread and found the envelope with markings. But I still do not understand why this piece of mail would have been returned to sender and not simply opened at the Carroll County court and forwarded to the proper recipient. It shouldn’t make any difference that the sender was no longer at the place where the mail originated. Would the Carroll County Circuit Court have refused another piece of mail so addressed had the sender been someone else?

Last edited:
I've self reported my last post in regards to KAK. What I'm confused about is that LE still requests tips on the a_shots profile into the A & L tip line, yet even that seems to be off the table here. KAK is the admitted creator, so it's hard to separate him from the profile, but at the same time, I guess we don't know who was using the profile that LE seems interested in.

I wish MSM would simply ask LE if they are still requesting tips on a_shots. They said so only a few days ago, but another blatant answer would be helpful. JMO.
Thank you for addressing this ambiguity/obfuscation so clearly.

RSBM

The CO s should have alerted the court a letter was coming. This is a high profile case and MOO don’t want Barry Morphew defense here if RA is guilty.

Would you please link the photo or scan of the envelope? I’ve only seen the letter inside and haven’t been able to find the envelope in which it was sent.

ETA: never mind. I went back further in thread and found it.
Its posted up thread

The CO s should have alerted the court a letter was coming. This is a high profile case and MOO don’t want Barry Morphew defense here if RA is guilty.
Barry Morphew is a completely different situation and has no bearing on what happens here. They didn't have a body, so could not prosecute for murder. Aren't willing to maintain charges on him, so can't keep his stuff forever. We have charges unambiguously filed in this case, and he's already had a preliminary hearing where he rejected the state's offer for public defense... He should have honestly requested representation immediately, even if he intended to find a private attorney later, because it would facilitate this very type of thing.

Even if COs did, for some reason, alert the court, there's nothing the court could have done to impact how the mail system flows. An attorney would have been able to file directly on RA's behalf, not relying on USPS to deliver things in a timely manner.

This is solely on Richard Allen, and this by itself is not a clear violation of any of his rights.

MOO

My understanding it is totally up to you as a judgement call if you can "afford" an attorney or need a public defender.

Just mounting a decent defense in a case of double homicide would be $80,000 minimum when it is all said and done. ESPECIALLY with inevitable travel expenses when they move the trial to somewhere else in Indiana.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay