Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When he was initially arrested, there was an error entered into the system about his alleged alias. It took several days before they edited that, and got rid of it.

Then they say he's been moved to an undisclosed location, but yesterday on the Indiana Dept. of Corrections, it took me 2 seconds to locate his inmate info, which included the location he's being held at, DOC inmate number, height, weight, hair & eye color, etc. By the end of the day, they had already removed that info.

I'm not so sure it's someone not being forthcoming as it might be incorrect info entered into the system? Just guessing, since it's already happened twice.
Do you remember what the height was?

To be fair, it appears that RA was also a working person who paid taxes. So, as a defendant not yet convicted, he would be as entitled as you or I to receive the services of a PD.
He is as entitled as anyone, including someone who never paid a $ in tax in their lifetime. The process of justice is there to protect every single one of us, and it doesn’t come for free.

With the phrase being in there twice seems very narcissistic. " BooHoo I am just a poor man.I couldn't have possibly done what I am accused of." I see this as true manipulation. MOO
I see an "Alford Plea" coming soon. Dang. Hate those. He won't have to acknowledge his crimes. And he bypasses the death penalty.

Edit! Yes! No Alford Plea in Indiana!

I would find it hard to believe that you would be forced to sell your only residence in order to be represented at trial. That would have major fourth and sixth amendment implications. Now, if you had a bunch of other properties or "luxuries", I might be able to see that a little bit more. But not a modest single family home.

MOO
IIRC, Chad Daybell's lawyer put a lien on Chad's house when he began representing him.

I understand the rationale here and agree with what you've posted Tealgrove, but I just don't have it in my heart to care if RA is in a tight spot.

I think they should be able to take half of the joint assets for his defense. Why should the State of IN (including the community he terrorized) be forced to pay for his defense of murdering 2 innocent young girls when he clearly has some financial assets? IDK

MOO
Because he is innocent until proven guilty? This is how our justice system works and as hard as it is at times to accept that, accept it we must because one day you might be accused of something and you would also deserve the presumption of innocence and the right to a fair trial. Moo.

I see an "Alford Plea" coming soon. Dang. Hate those. He won't have to acknowledge his crimes. And he bypasses the death penalty.
I don’t think they’ll go for an Alford plea. They would probably accept a guilty plea where he actually admitted guilt and explained what actually happened. Otherwise, I think they’ll have a pretty solid court case given felony murder would be a pretty easy prove if they have something solidly making him BG.

MOO

He is as entitled as anyone, including someone who never paid a $ in tax in their lifetime. The process of justice is there to protect every single one of us, and it doesn’t come for free.
You are right. I stand corrected. Even though we share the same sentiment, I wrongly emphasized “tax paying”.

Edit! Yes! No Alford Plea in Indiana!

I wondered about am Alford plea. Let me look into indiana law a little further than wiki.**** edited to add . You are correct we do not have Alford pleas but we do have nolo contendere, pr no contest. Hopefully we can get someone smarter than me to explain the difference.

Last edited:
I don’t think they’ll go for an Alford plea. They would probably accept a guilty plea where he actually admitted guilt and explained what actually happened. Otherwise, I think they’ll have a pretty solid court case given felony murder would be a pretty easy prove if they have something solidly making him BG.

MOO
I added a link later, above. Indiana is one of three states that does not recognize the Alford Plea.

In regards to someone who asked about his residence as an asset, it is, but he could only sell it for attorney fees if his wife agrees. Otherwise, he would have to divorce her, and get 1/2 ownership of the property in the divorce, then force a sale. Good luck. Mortgage rates are almost 8% now. Houses are moving as fast as molasses in January.

Presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. That is the status of a defendant in a court of law. What most of want to know: what is the probable cause for the arrest?
The person that first needs to see the probable cause warrant is RA and his defense team. It is the first step towards a fair and just trial. We all want that. The prosecution only gets one bite of the apple. No one wants an innocent man to face injustice. And no one wants a guilty man to walk free.

The arrest was a long time coming. The prosecution needs to get this right to secure a conviction, and if RA wants a speedy trial, he should have that, but his defense will need time to prepare. They don’t want to risk a mistrial, or have evidence leaked before the defense has time to review all of it, and have it later barred. If they were to release what they feel are vital pieces of information related to the investigation that should be strictly reserved for the courtroom, there’s a very good chance that a solid defense attorney is going to move to have that suppressed because that evidence will have already been in the public’s eye.

jmo

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

So far as I know, nobody has a recording of RAs voice that we could compare to Bridge Guy's voice. All we have is a belief in the judgement of LE and the judge (who has since recused himself from the case). And truth be told, LE has been mistaken before, so it might be possible they are wrong here as well. I sure hope not. MOO

Last edited by a moderator:
With the phrase being in there twice seems very narcissistic. " BooHoo I am just a poor man.I couldn't have possibly done what I am accused of." I see this as true manipulation. MOO
For me I thought... You have the nerve to ask the court for mercy when the 2 young girls likely were begging for just that?? And did he grant it? No. He did not or he wouldn't be IN this pickle!

I wondered about am Alford plea. Let me look into indiana law a little further than wiki.**** edited to add . You are correct we do not have Alford pleas but we do have nolo contendere, pr no contest. Hopefully we can get someone smarter than me to explain the difference.
Nolo Contendere Plea vs. Alford Plea

A nolo contendere plea means the defendant accepts whatever punishment the court deems fit but does not admit guilt. An Alford plea means the defendant is pleading guilty but claims his or her innocence. A conviction will result from either plea.

Interesting.

MOO, I agree, there does appear to be just a bit of mob mentality associated with this case! Its all based on LE's arrest of RA--since the probable cause affidavit has not been released, nor has the search warrant for RAs residence been released. So far as I know, nobody has a recording of RAs voice that we could compare to Bridge Guy's voice. All we have is a belief in the judgement of LE and the judge (who has since recused himself from the case). And truth be told, LE has been mistaken before, so it might be possible they are wrong here as well. I sure hope not. MOO
No one has seen the evidence yet, but the jury will hear all of it.

There's been some discussion re RMA’s height. I initially thought the increments shown were 1”, but they are in fact 2” increments as shown in his mugshot. You can just see the bottom of the 6' marker. ETA: Bearing in mind he's tilted his head back somewhat, I'd say he's 5'6 1/2"

RMA mugshot.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads