Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does he even have access to email? They probably have computers in prisons, but do they provide prisoners kept somewhere for their safety with something to use privately?
Looks like at least one jail in Indiana allows email - but it’s to prevent drug smuggling. Wow.

And the company that provides this service - Securus - lists White County Indiana as a facility they serve.

www.whas11.com

Southern Indiana jail moves to digital mail only in effort to prevent drug smuggling behind bars

Instead of paper mail, the inmates in Floyd County will use tablets. It's an effort to cut down on the illegal drugs being brought into the jail.
www.whas11.com
www.whas11.com

Securus - Friends and Family

Last edited:
Will the delay in RA retaining an attorney also delay the Nov 22 hearing?

A couple of articles say this was post marked Nov 7.

I thought the same!

He knew he was under the microscope. LE doesn’t show up at your door with search warrants for no reason. Did he not search out a lawyer when all this was going down? Did he not do any research? Did he not get some quotes?

WTH was he doing in those days leading up to his arrest?

I’m dumbfounded that he had no idea how much it would cost to talk to a lawyer. A quick google search would give you a ballpark!

It appears that he managed to stay out of LE’s sights for years. Did he just get lucky because so far I don’t see that he’s all that smart?

MOO
Oh, he's smart in a cunning way. Why did he "throw himself on the mercy of the court"? Very strategically, I would say. "Hey, I'm just a poor pharmacy tech who has been framed."

He wants appointed counsel so he can create grounds to appeal. I want him to write more missives so we can further analyze his defense end game.

He has no conscience and will never plead guilty in any way, shape or form.

JMO

Throwing oneself at the mercy of the court sounded odd. I get it, just that.. was this the first draft that he wrote, did he wing it, did he have access to a library? For me, that phrase stuck out like a sore thumb.

Throwing oneself at the mercy of the court sounded odd. I get it, just that.. was this the first draft that he wrote, did he wing it, did he have access to a library? For me, that phrase stuck out like a sore thumb.
Lol, he's heard that saying before, but clearly has no idea what it means. It's usually in the context of seeking mercy from the judge when one is found guilty.

The court is either legally obligated to provide him with an attorney or not obligated to do so. It has nothing to do with the whims of a judge, or them showing "mercy."

IMO he's just panicking because he grossly underestimated attorney's fees and wants to come across as a victim and garner sympathy so he can get legal representation as soon as possible.

RA's letter reads a little victim-y for my liking.

"..throw myself at the mercy of the court.."
"..am begging to be provided legal assistance.."
"..forced to abandon employment.."
"..how expensive it would be just to talk to someone.."

It's to be expected I suppose given he'd likely be telling family they've got the wrong man, etc. I think it's likely family are hanging in there with him as no evidence has been released.

Be interesting to see if the public defender makes any statements on his clients behalf.

Lol, he's heard that saying before, but clearly has no idea what it means. It's usually in the context of seeking mercy from the judge when one is found guilty.

The court is either legally obligated to provide him with an attorney or not obligated to do so. It has nothing to do with the whims oy.f a judge, or them showing "mercy."
He definitely understands how to create the appearance of submission to authority when required. He also appears to understand how to create the appearance that he is the victim and in need of pity and mercy. This case is going to get interesting because it looks like his strategy, as of now anyway, is to attempt to manipulate the court. My opinion only.

He definitely understands how to create the appearance of submission to authority when required. He also appears to understand how to create the appearance that he is the victim and in need of pity and mercy. This case is going to get interesting because it looks like his strategy, as of now anyway, is to attempt to manipulate the court. My opinion only.
Yes I think he knows exactly what he is doing.

Here is one possible action: From Wikipedia: "Arlis Kay Perry (February 22, 1955 – October 12, 1974)[2] was a 19-year-old American newlywed who was murdered inside Stanford Memorial Church, within the grounds of Stanford University in California, on October 12, 1974. The murder went unsolved for more than forty years before police named Stephen Blake Crawford as the perpetrator following DNA profiling in 2018. Crawford, a security guard at Stanford who reportedly discovered the body, died by suicide before he could be arrested."

As I recall the story, police arrived to question Crawford. When they came to his door, he knew immediately, and he shot and killed himself before the police could take him into custody. I'd call that "justice," personally--years of fear that the police were on his trail, then the agonizing decision to kill himself. MHO.

Honestly, in my personal image of BG, he was a Centaurus consisting of one half, some super smart computer nerd, and half, someone with a history of being in the army/navy/marines and knowing how to corral, and to kill. I even thought, maybe he was a comp engineer in the army. He was fast. And I was 100% sure he’d kill himself, not allow anyone to approach him.

Not this jellyfish of a guy sitting in one of Indiana jails now.

<modsnip: Quoted post was removed>

Not to comment on touchy subjects, but all I saw from ISP was this totally inexplicable change of sketches in 2019. Now they arrested someone and say it is a Bridge Guy and they are sure - good for them. But Paul Holes, and GSK, had lots of documents for the public to chew on. Until I see some evidence, I am not expected to believe Doug Carter just because he said it, right? Because humans make mistakes.

They can’t mete out justice with sealed affidavits.

There is one more reason to open it. Imagine that RA finds some Iris Eytan who pulls him out of jail. An open affidavit allows the whole world to make their conclusion. BM is free, but is he functional? Can he be employed now, have friends, even find another woman if this one gets tired of him? It is enough for someone to read the affidavit to decide who he is.

If ISP keeps everything close there is a chance people will think RA was set up. Human nature…

Last edited by a moderator:
And he said it not once, but twice…in the opening and in the closing of his letter. Unique, deliberate phraseology.

Not to comment on touchy subjects, but all I saw from ISP was this totally inexplicable change of sketches in 2019. Now they arrested someone and say it is a Bridge Guy and they are sure - good for them. But Paul Holes, and GSK, had lots of documents for the public to chew on. Until I see some evidence, I am not expected to believe Doug Carter just because he said it, right? Because humans make mistakes.

They can’t mete out justice with sealed affidavits.

There is one more reason to open it. Imagine that RA finds some Iris Eytan who pulls him out of jail. An open affidavit allows the whole world to make their conclusion. BM is free, but is he functional? Can he be employed now, have friends, even find another woman if this one gets tired of him? It is enough for someone to read the affidavit to decide who he is.

If ISP keeps everything close there is a chance people will think RA was set up. Human nature…
Nope. You are fully expected to accept whatever Carter says. Because “we trust him” and… “the family says.” Etc.

I didn’t realise Holes was involved with this, I look forward to hearing his take.

Tax funded by the state.

Which says to me that the working ppl that pay taxes will pay for his defense.

Good deal for the residence of Indiana.

I got a great defense attorney Jose Baez.

Jmo
To be fair, it appears that RA was also a working person who paid taxes. So, as a defendant not yet convicted, he would be as entitled as you or I to receive the services of a PD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay