Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do we know if RA is charged as the principal in the first degree?

Types of Accomplices​

There are different types of accomplices that can be held responsible for another person’s criminal act:
  1. Principal in the Second Degree – The “principal in the second degree” is a person who is at the scene of the crime and who knowingly or intentionally helps the principal in the first degree commit the crime. For example, Alan robs a bank. Bob stands guard at the door, while Chuck waits outside in the “getaway” car ready to drive all three of them away. While Alan is the one who actually committed the robbery, Bob and Chuck may also be held responsible for the robbery as principals in the second degree.
  2. Accessory Before the Fact – An “accessory before the fact” is the one who knowingly or intentionally helps a person commit a crime, but who is not at the actual scene of the crime. For example, Ashley asks Brenda to murder Cindy, and provides Brenda with a gun for the purpose of killing Cindy. Two days later, Brenda shoots and kills Cindy. Ashley is an accessory before the fact because she furnished the gun to Brenda intending that she use it to kill Cindy, even though Ashley was not present at the time Cindy was killed. Although Brenda committed Cindy’s murder, Ashley may also be convicted of the murder based on being an accessory before the fact.
  3. Accessory After the Fact – An “accessory after the fact” is a person who knowingly or intentionally helps someone avoid arrest, trial or conviction after a crime has already occurred. Suppose that Alan robs a bank and is running from the police. Alan runs to his friend Brad’s house and asks to stay there overnight while the police are looking for him. If Brad is aware that Alan robbed a bank and is being sought by police, Brad would be an accessory after the fact and could also be held responsible for the robbery. If Brad was unaware of Alan’s involvement in the robbery, he would not be responsible for the crime as an accessory after the fact.

Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

MOO Gait:
To me BG, (allegedly RA) is making the kind of cross step that informs the person or animal in front of them that they won’t be getting by.
It an aggressive move, athletic and in the context of this murder MOO was meant to cause shock, fear and get control.

There was an undertone of deception for sure at that PC in 2019. But now does it seem the second sketch was the actual deception? To me is not RA, I don't care if the eyes are similar or a sketch is not a photograph.....RA is 50 and that sketch is of a young man with a head full of curly hair and we were told, if anything, he looks younger than his true age and the age range was 18 - 40. So basically look for a young man.
I would love to know if the witness was RA.. and why DC felt someone was afraid to come forward.
From 2020:

Last year, police released a new suspect sketch that Carter says
was based on a witness' recollection of what he or she saw.

Carter said that he believes that since the killer's image and voice were publicized, and they have not been able to identify a suspect, someone knows who he is but is keeping quiet because of "extreme fear."

"There is obviously someone withholding information," added Carroll County Sheriff Tobe Leazenby. "It could very well be somewhere along the lines someone was even threatened not to reveal the identity of the killer."

"Please, please, come forward and let us know what you know," Carter pleaded.

Suspect in Delphi girls' double murder may live in town 'hiding in plain sight,' police say as they release new info

As to the bolded, LE never confirmed or said this. You may be remembering that police did not confirm that the phone was found right away. There was much discussion here on Websleuths and other places about why an offender would leave the phone and many people speculated that the phone was taken or destroyed and the video of the man must have come from Libby's cloud account.

Eventually LE released info about the fact that the phone was found in the vicinity of the crime scene, and now many news articles have specified that the video was taken directly from her phone:

Police released the images they say were taken straight from Libby’s cell phone, on Feb. 15, 2017 — the day after the girls’ bodies were found.

Source:

Additionally, right before the last thread closed, you also made a post that stated LE had ruled out a sexual motivation in the murders. I don't remember ever seeing specific motivations being ruled out (I remember some members of LE saying they don't know what the motivation was, which is a different thing). Can you provide a link that shows what you stated?
(Yem, I know I probably sound like a broken record but, seriously, what would we do with you on this thread!? I certainly don’t want to imagine it without you. I’m quite fond of your memory, your brain, you!)

I (we) can always count on you to remember the details and the facts of this case. and for that, thank you.

m()()

Maybe like you say, he gave up. It's possible he thought he would never be arrested after so long?

I do wonder if he was given up by family, or some other careless mistake.
I make up scenarios in my head so no facts here, but I sometimes wonder if RL tipped his own hand when helping Tobe Leazenby at CVS and that’s why TL remarked that he found him very, very helpful. Total imaginary idea but since TL had said earlier that he knew he knew BG’s voice from somewhere I wonder if maybe he went there one day and it clicked. DNA gathering imaginary scenario on CVS product ensues.

Just dropped in to get the latest and I haven't heard anything about a shirt either.
Gray Hughes had a video up yesterday talking about a tie-dye shirt.
I know he's an approved source here but I'm sure that specific content is against TOS re: victim friendly, even for the suspect's family), so I'll just leave it at that.

Do we know if RA is charged as the principal in the first degree?

Types of Accomplices​

There are different types of accomplices that can be held responsible for another person’s criminal act:
  1. Principal in the Second Degree – The “principal in the second degree” is a person who is at the scene of the crime and who knowingly or intentionally helps the principal in the first degree commit the crime. For example, Alan robs a bank. Bob stands guard at the door, while Chuck waits outside in the “getaway” car ready to drive all three of them away. While Alan is the one who actually committed the robbery, Bob and Chuck may also be held responsible for the robbery as principals in the second degree.
  2. Accessory Before the Fact – An “accessory before the fact” is the one who knowingly or intentionally helps a person commit a crime, but who is not at the actual scene of the crime. For example, Ashley asks Brenda to murder Cindy, and provides Brenda with a gun for the purpose of killing Cindy. Two days later, Brenda shoots and kills Cindy. Ashley is an accessory before the fact because she furnished the gun to Brenda intending that she use it to kill Cindy, even though Ashley was not present at the time Cindy was killed. Although Brenda committed Cindy’s murder, Ashley may also be convicted of the murder based on being an accessory before the fact.
  3. Accessory After the Fact – An “accessory after the fact” is a person who knowingly or intentionally helps someone avoid arrest, trial or conviction after a crime has already occurred. Suppose that Alan robs a bank and is running from the police. Alan runs to his friend Brad’s house and asks to stay there overnight while the police are looking for him. If Brad is aware that Alan robbed a bank and is being sought by police, Brad would be an accessory after the fact and could also be held responsible for the robbery. If Brad was unaware of Alan’s involvement in the robbery, he would not be responsible for the crime as an accessory after the fact.

RA has not been charged as an accessory or accomplice. That’s type of charge falls under a different section of the Indiana code. It’s merely speculation here that someone else was responsible for the murders. He indeed faces two murder charges.

“The docket says Allen is charged with murder under Ind. Code § 35-42-1-1(2), which is a murder involving a specific underlying criminal offense.”

He may have. With any luck, the break in this case will bring justice to more families
He may have. With any luck, the break in this case will bring justice to more families
I recall hearing he used an alias but I do not believe that one ever has been confirmed. A name was given. He may never have been arrested for a crime but I find it difficult to believe someone would start out at this level. I suggest he may have had a long history of looking at pictures and watching videos of evil actions against young females. This would make a possible connection to other "sick" individuals who often live a "double life." It would be interesting to know what leads to this so we can prevent it. One would think those closest would pick up signs but perhaps not. Some people never listen to the news.

RA has not been charged as an accessory or accomplice. That’s type of charge falls under a different section of the Indiana code. It’s merely speculation here that someone else was responsible for the murders. He indeed faces two murder charges.

“The docket says Allen is charged with murder under Ind. Code § 35-42-1-1(2), which is a murder involving a specific underlying criminal offense.”
Yes, correct. He is charged with murder. He is not being charged as an accomplice - which is the point I was attempting to make. Upthread discussion indicated charges could be brought to an accomplice - while true, does not apply here. RA is charged with murder - and IF anyone else was involved, different charges may eventually apply to them.

Can you be blackout drunk and still with it enough to walk the bridge and control the girls and be slick enough it takes 5.5 years to get caught? Does it have to do with an alcoholic tolerance? Like the BAC is high enough to block memory formation/access but the person is still functioning well?

I don't think he blacked out but it's always interesting learning things on this forum!

I watched the Down the Hill documentary a few days ago and the bridge has no railings and looks narrow and difficult to walk across, I personally would think that someone walking across very drunk would end up falling off!

I watched the Down the Hill documentary a few days ago and the bridge has no railings and looks narrow and difficult to walk across, I personally would think that someone walking across very drunk would end up falling off!
Right after the news broke about RA's arrest, one of the local (IN) news anchors was actually on location at the bridge and she made a comment about how difficult it is to walk across the bridge, and if you're not a local that is familiar with it, it would be a tough thing to cross (paraphrasing her comments). For me, it explained in a much clearer way, why "BG" was walking the way he was. I think he (RA) has a usual gait, but walking across the rickety old bridge would make anyone walk oddly.

jmo

Yes, correct. He is charged with murder. He is not being charged as an accomplice - which is the point I was attempting to make. Upthread discussion indicated charges could be brought to an accomplice - while true, does not apply here. RA is charged with murder - and IF anyone else was involved, different charges may eventually apply to them.

Yes thank you. I hope nobody is jumping to the conclusion that since RA is charged with murder involving an underlying offence, it’s indicative that someone else actually committed the murders. That’s not true at all and you’re correct, he was not charged as an accomplice.

Yes thank you. I hope nobody is jumping to the conclusion that since RA is charged with murder involving an underlying offence, it’s indicative that someone else actually committed the murder. That’s not true at all and you’re correct, he was not charged as an accomplice.
Tons of people are jumping to this conclusion, unfortunately.

It's not out of the realm of possibility though. In Indiana, if someone commits a felony and someone is murdered by someone else during that crime, that person can in fact be charged with murder.

Right after the news broke about RA's arrest, one of the local (IN) news anchors was actually on location at the bridge and she made a comment about how difficult it is to walk across the bridge, and if you're not a local that is familiar with it, it would be a tough thing to cross (paraphrasing her comments). For me, it explained in a much clearer way, why "BG" was walking the way he was. I think he (RA) has a usual gait, but walking across the rickety old bridge would make anyone walk oddly.

jmo

Plus all along there have been references to the difficulty in the topography. Although we don’t know what that actually means, doubtful a drunk be smoothly navigating in and out of there. Beyond that I don’t want to giving this monster a possible defence.

“He lives in Delphi and all along investigators believed they were searching for a suspect who was local.

“Mainly from the aspect of the area where the crimes were committed and having an idea the topography, layout and geography of that area,” said Sheriff Leazenby…..”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CooperDeVille