Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - #155 *Richard Allen Arrested*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ie

Never heard who came forward with the photo of Abby. I remember that the video of BG was said to have been from Libby's cloud account and not from her phone. I wonder if that's where the Abby photo was from, too.
It was a friend of the girls who saved the bridge photo of Abby. She's been in one or more television specials, I do not remember her name but have seen her interviewed.

This keeps getting messed up. This is NOT a Felony Murder charge. It is a MURDER CHARGE. "(2) kills another human being while..." means YOU KILLED SOMEONE and also did something gross like molestation, etc. You would not be charged under this statute unless YOU KILLED SOMEONE.
"Allen faces two counts of felony murder, a charge that can be filed against a defendant who may not have actually killed someone but participated in the events leading to their deaths."

That is the quote that confused me. I thought felony murder was still hands on murder.

This keeps getting messed up. This is NOT a Felony Murder charge. It is a MURDER CHARGE. "(2) kills another human being while..." means YOU KILLED SOMEONE and also did something gross like molestation, etc. You would not be charged under this statute unless YOU KILLED SOMEONE.
So, I've been doing a lot of research (used to be married to a defense attorney). Indiana does not technically have a "felony murder" charge, they just have one type of murder charge with subcategories. The category (2) fits the definition of what "felony murder" is, it's just not called "felony murder" in the state. But it notes that the murders were committed in the act of another felony crime (all crimes listed are felonies).

The only other homicide (different from murder) charges Indiana has are "voluntary manslaughter", "involuntary manslaughter" and "reckless homicide".

Last edited:
It seems logical to think that perhaps Richard had a drinking problem. The police responding to his home in 2015 for an incident while he was drunk that concluded with his wife taking him to a hospital for evaluation. Delphi murder suspect Richard Allen involved in 2015 'domestic' incident: report

Neighbors said they frequently saw him outside smoking cigarettes and drinking beer and we know that he frequented bar(s) and was a regular on the pool scene. A lot of people turn into someone completely different when they are drinking. Richard could be a total monster when drunk but just a normal average guy when not drunk. Or maybe there is a level of alcohol he can consume but beyond that he turns into a completely different person. The gait on the bridge makes me wonder about his intoxication level.
Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

Just playing devil’s advocate here for a minute.

I’m in the camp that thinks somehow RA is “connected” to KAK. I mean what are the odds of Libby being in contact with an online predator and then just coincidentally comes face to face with another predator hours later? It’s just hard not to acknowledge this dynamic.

However, I’ve been wondering if RA was bullied as a kid/teenager due to his size, or lack thereof.

His appearance changes drastically over the years. In some pics he looks like a weak little man and in others he looks tough, mean and much bigger than he really is. That long goatee gives him a mean look. Did he do that on purpose to counteract his small stature?

Before all the KAK stuff came to the forefront, I wondered if the girls said something derogatory about RA and he heard them.

Could something like that have set him off?

Just throwing around some thoughts this morning.

MOO
A couple of inches below the average isn't small enough to be bullied over IMO. RA is 5'7". The average for a male in the US is 5' 9".

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) , the average age-adjusted height for American men 20 years old and up is 69.1 inches (175.4 centimeters) during the years 2015 to 2016. That's about 5 feet 9 inches tall.

re the goatee. At the time of the murders (going from pictures of him Christmas 2016 where he was clean shaven), he must have only recently started with the goatee. I do know that goatees and beard have become popular in recent yeats, so perhaps he was just going with the trend.

I think we have ascertained that his height is around 5'7-5'8 so hardly short, short, just average short. Perhaps the goatee is a mid life crisis kinda thing - but the growing of it does fit in with the drawing of BG.
Or perhaps he felt he could hide behind a beard that size. I know some men who have felt naked after shaving facial hair they've had for a long time, so perhaps growing it out felt like some kind of buffer between him and other people. MOO

"Allen faces two counts of felony murder, a charge that can be filed against a defendant who may not have actually killed someone but participated in the events leading to their deaths."

That is the quote that confused me. I thought felony murder was still hands on murder.
Technically (in most states) someone who commits a felony crime and someone dies as a result, can be charged with murder even if they did not personally commit the murder. So if two people show up to commit a kidnapping and one of the person unexpectedly kills the victim, the person that voluntarily committed the kidnapping (felony) but did not commit the murder or intended the crime to end in murder, can still be charged with the murder.

Locally, we had a case of an armed robbery (felony). Someone had a heart attack and died during the robbery. The robbers were charged with murder because someone died during the commission of a felony.

Is red for high risk? I was just thinking that might not be the best color choice for an entire prison population. JMO

I'm not really finding anything specific to Indiana.
I only know for Florida but imagine it's similar elsewhere... red is usually the highest level of supervision/monitoring - can be anything from special protection to suicide watch. Green is usually for gen-pop.

Perhaps he was "blacked out drunk" (see below). And I agree with his gait on the bridge. Not just (IMO) that he lifted his right foot higher than a normal gait, but the fact it appeared he was placing it down in front of his left foot, and not like walking straight. It's hard to tell from the short clip of him walking on the bridge because it cuts off a few seconds too soon IMO, but that's what comes to mind every time I watch that clip. That his balance might have been off or that he was having a problem walking straight.

Alcohol-related blackouts are gaps in a person's memory for events that occurred while they were intoxicated. These gaps happen when a person drinks enough alcohol to temporarily block the transfer of memories from short-term to long-term storage—known as memory consolidation—in a brain area called the hippocampus.

People often confuse “blacking out” with “passing out,” also called syncope, which is a temporary loss of consciousness where a person no longer displays voluntary behaviors. However, an alcohol-related blackout involves losing your memory while you’re still awake and conscious; you can be moving around, interacting with others, and seem fine to those around you. Blackouts are caused by drinking high quantities of alcohol, which leads to an impairment in the way your brain transfers memories from short- to long-term memory.

People can experience two different types of blackouts when they drink enough alcohol. If you experience a fragmentary blackout, also known as a “grayout” or “brownout”, you may have gaps in your memory combined with some level of recollection of events, whereas a total blackout involves no recollection of events, because memories of what happened never form and if they do, you cannot access them.

MOO Regaining consciousness in wet bloody clothes.

Might be a guilty with mitigating factor type plea, except for the initial flurry of activity covering up, directly lying to the police followed by 5 years of deception.

I’m starting to think there was no SA, and that’s why they’ve said the crime scene was “bizarre.” I’m wondering if he positioned them in a way to get his snuff photos/video, took a trophy or two and left. There wasn’t much time.

There was an undertone of deception for sure at that PC in 2019. But now does it seem the second sketch was the actual deception? To me is not RA, I don't care if the eyes are similar or a sketch is not a photograph.....RA is 50 and that sketch is of a young man with a head full of curly hair and we were told, if anything, he looks younger than his true age and the age range was 18 - 40. So basically look for a young man.
Look at it this way. The sketch may appear younger than the actual person of interest. When they say “may appear younger” the sketch may appear younger. If that makes any sense.

RA is 50, and would have been 45 at the time of the murders. But you’re correct: that second sketch looks like a young kid of age 22 at the most, and looks nothing like BG.

Was it meant to be “Anthony Shots” and this is why Carter said to the killer, to the effect of, You didn’t think we’d change tactics, did you?
View attachment 378466

Given the level of technological sophistication we’ve seen so far, I just hope they realized this pic wasn’t actually the account user … eek
JMO

MOO Regaining consciousness in wet bloody clothes.

Might be a guilty with mitigating factor type plea, except for the initial flurry of activity covering up, directly lying to the police followed by 5 years of deception.
Can you be blackout drunk and still with it enough to walk the bridge and control the girls and be slick enough it takes 5.5 years to get caught? Does it have to do with an alcoholic tolerance? Like the BAC is high enough to block memory formation/access but the person is still functioning well?

I don't think he blacked out but it's always interesting learning things on this forum!

I suffer with syncope and literally pass out on the floor, lose control of bodily functions and it looks like a seizure with my limb movements. I have experienced both syncope and being blackout drunk (many years ago) black out drunk is like having amnesia and worrying what you did the night/day before. I doubt if someone was black out drunk they'd have the coordination, capacity to carry out something so horrendous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhokilledBettie?