Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marking some notes for reference, trying to keep up:

Search of Wabash River linked to Delphi investigation, source says

“The police source also confirms that the recent five-week state police search of the Wabash River in Peru was connected to the Delphi investigation.

It was initiated after Kegan Kline told police they would find a cell phone and weapon in the river, the source tells I-Team 8.

Kline, 28, a figure linked to the Delphi murders who has not been charged in the case, revealed that information while being questioned about the deaths of Libby and Abby.

That evidence was never found and Kline is known for lying to investigators.”

Source

——

November 14, 2022

“DELPHI, Ind. – Court proceedings related to the Delphi murders of Abby Williams and Libby German will remain in Carroll County.

Allen Superior Judge Fran Gull has already started her work on the case. She was appointed to handle the proceedings after Carroll County Circuit Court Judge Benjamin Diener recused himself.”

[...]

“Gull will stick with the Nov. 22 date for the hearing, according to John McGauley, court executive for Allen Superior Court.”

——-

Additional reference/background from November 3, 2022 / source

“Carroll County Judge Benjamin A. Diener recused himself from the case against Richard M. Allen on Thursday.

"The Indiana Supreme Court is in the process of appointing Allen County Judge Fran Gull, as Special Judge in the case. Neither Judge Gull nor Judge Diener can speak to press about the merits of the case," Kathryn Dolan, Chief Public Information Officer for the Indiana Supreme Court said in a statement issued Thursday afternoon.

Dolan says a judge does not have to explain a reason for recusing themselves.”

—-

According to court records, Bradley Anthony Rozzi of Logansport is the lead attorney on the case. The co-counsel is Andrew Joseph Baldwin with Baldwin Perry & Kamish PC in Franklin. Baldwin's office confirmed for 13News he was appointed by the court.

This is fairly comprehensive article that includes many videos. It will be particularly helpful to those who are new to the thread.

'I had no clue how expensive it would be' | Richard Allen gets 2 attorneys in Delphi murders case

Last edited:
Replying to @Chelly – Thread 155, p.33, post 642

“So, one way or another, the girls had to cross the creek. Does “anyone know if the creek was deep and flowing? Wondering if they were dragged across after death".

I previously posted a video that Julie Melville made for Gray Hughes where she crossed the entire length of the bridge, turned left almost immediately and went down the hill then walked straight forward to the edge of the creek. Unfortunately, that video is no longer available.

Notice how shallow the creek is where the girls probably crossed. It’s only inches deep where you enter the water and you can see all the rocks.

There’s a very long sandbar covered with smooth rocks in the middle of the creek. The water just before the sandbar is also very shallow as you can again see rocks under the water. The divers who were searching in waist deep water were to the far left of this area.

I watched on full screen mode on my PC. To best see the crime scene tape on the far side of the creek (especially if you’re watching on your phone), pause the video at 0:24, 0:29 and 0:49. It’s back some feet from the edge of the embankment behind some trees.

Sorry. I know I'm almost never talking about the same thing as the rest of you are, but if I actually latch on to a thought long enough to type it out, I have to be quick about it or I'll forget. what I've been wondering about tonight is if the A_S account ever got into 3-way discussions with his female account and girls he talked to on there. I can remember several people arguing about whether or not another girl had planned to go with them but backed out of it. It hit me that he may have mentioned meeting there and she may have asked the other account (I don't remember the name) if she'd also meet them there.
If RA was at times in control of the A_S account (or maybe they were catfishing each other :oops: ),KK may have changed his mind and said that she couldn't make it. If RA went there when Libby said they were going to go there anyway if they had a ride, he could expect KK to be blamed for everything. I know this is really a long shot, but it's possible but not probable that KK went there, sat in his car for a while, chickened out (because there were two of them), and left without doing anything. In the meantime, RA could have come there and did whatever he did and crossed back to the south side of the bridge and walked home.

Be gentle, it's been a long day and night!

Bringing forward link for new media thread, Updates and contributions very much appreciated!!

Media Thread #2:
( Media Thread 1 )

Last edited:
BBM - Sameeeeeeeee!
I want to love, hate and laugh at your comment because ITA! About everything. Not that it’s funny but that last comment has me lol.

IMOO, I think this entire SNAFU will be used at Quantico for teaching purposes, of what not to do.

JMHO

Depends doesn't it, on what the precise sequence of events was and exactly who spoke to who, what was recorded, who followed up or not.

It is true, and most LLE/ Feds said the same thing - on the basis of the crime scene and relatively limited numbers of people that could be included/ excluded, they all thought the perp(s) would be identified and captured within days.

Glad to see that RA has been appointed representation, now they will be able to see the AA/PCA.

This will probably help in unsealing the documents at the Nov 22 hearing. I really don't know what to think about any of this at the moment - hah. Things and facts change daily as more information comes to light.

I still think we're going to be shocked at how LE finally stitched RA up.

#Justice4Abby&Libby

MOO

Yeah, to me this is sounding more and more like KAK and Allen aren't connected, KAK was selling LE a made up story (perhaps in an attempt to get a plea deal on his other charges), and the timing was just a coincidence. Pretty wild if true. I guess a connection is still possible, but it doesn't seem likely to me if this article is accurate.

Also pretty crazy that Allen literally admitted to being on the bridge that afternoon and yet is just now being arrested. I wonder if he was ever even investigated at the beginning or whether his admission just totally fell through the cracks?

But even if they fully focussed on that statement (assuming the reporting is accurate) then what?

What does "investigation" mean?

I can kind of see that if there is nothing else to go on, this piece of info is a dead end. Perhaps you can ask to speak to the suspect. Maybe he talks to you, maybe he doesn't. Perhaps you talk to friends. Does cell tower evidence get you anything?

Without PC, where do you go with it?

If this new story is accurate, then IDK if I can believe that. It sounds like he talked with the conservation officer, CO took a report and it was added to the case file and there was very little, if any follow-up done on him. That wouldn't say to me he was on LE's radar. That would tell me that he either had one hell of a convincing story and/or someone dropped the ball because no follow-up was performed.
RSBBM

this is what I fear happened. In the rush of following up on lots of tips and leads right after the murder, something got written down and missed.

2. About the claims the police went back to the beginning and reviewed details, and just now found this discrepancy, that is a probable cover story for the person who actually called it in. Why would the police specifically dig up RA's fire pit and search his shed if they didn't have more specific information other than he was in the general area at the time of the murder? (Opinions and thoughts.)

Unless LE did have a good DNA profile. They could have just gotten a sample of his DNA from anything he discarded or trash and matched it to the DNA from the scene.

RSBBM

this is what I fear happened. In the rush of following up on lots of tips and leads right after the murder, something got written down and missed.

I'll be interested to see the all the info here

LE have long suspected someone local, but how do you winnow it down? There are likely lots of people who are somehow linked in terms of proximity and eliminating them can be very difficult

In hindsight, a person placing themselves on the bridge (if true) appears to be a huge red flag - but if he simply placed himself there at a different time of day, and that checks out - where does this really take you?

I'll be very interested to see the AA, to understand what exactly broke the case. This statement to a conservation office certainly does not amount to probable cause for a search warrant.

So what gave investigators PC?

I'll be interested to see the all the info here

LE have long suspected someone local, but how do you winnow it down? There are likely lots of people who are somehow linked in terms of proximity and eliminating them can be very difficult

In hindsight, a person placing themselves on the bridge (if true) appears to be a huge red flag - but if he simply placed himself there at a different time of day, and that checks out - where does this really take you?

I'll be very interested to see the AA, to understand what exactly broke the case. This statement to a conservation office certainly does not amount to probable cause for a search warrant.

So what gave investigators PC?
Where it takes me is to the question of if they ever showed RA the images from Libby’s phone and asked, “Is this you?” Was there ZERO follow up? Not even that basic question?

Makes me wonder if someone local happened to see RA in a way that caused them to look twice and had a lightbulb moment.

For 17 years no one had any idea who the unabomber was until his manifesto was published that his brother recognized his writing.

Jmo

Where it takes me is to the question of if they ever showed RA the images from Libby’s phone and asked, “Is this you?” Was there ZERO follow up? Not even that basic question?

First, Law enforcement in US can't compel anyone to answer questions, and second what would doing that achieve?

I'd like to know what was the break in the case that gave / led to PC for a search

Makes me wonder if someone local happened to see RA in a way that caused them to look twice and had a lightbulb moment.

For 17 years no one had any idea who the unabomber was until his manifesto was published that his brother recognized his writing.

Jmo

I agree

I do wonder if they were given a tip by someone? Just suspecting him isn't enough. They had to have come across some actual material evidence years later that connects him to the case, so what could that have been i wonder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli