Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder how he wound up reporting his presence on the bridge to a ‘conservation officer’… would that be LE patrolling wooded the area by the bridge? Did RMA go back to the crime scene to report himself??
His CVS was near the sheriff’s office IIRC he knew those guys, why not go there?
JMO
1. If he reports it to a sworn officer of the law (in this case a conservation officer), he can say, "I did my due diligence and self-reported." The level of follow-through by the conservation officer is on that individual. A highly conscientious officer would have made sure someone in a core investigative position heard of the self-report, which should have triggered a follow-up interview.
2. About the claims the police went back to the beginning and reviewed details, and just now found this discrepancy, that is a probable cover story for the person who actually called it in. Why would the police specifically dig up RA's fire pit and search his shed if they didn't have more specific information other than he was in the general area at the time of the murder? (Opinions and thoughts.)

I don’t feel like the fault lies with the conservation officer, if his report is in the file that he spoke with RA and RA said he was at the bridge that day. It seems the conservation officer did his job, but once it became a homicide the detectives never reviewed the file until a couple months ago.

Sadly there are other cases I’ve followed where it seems there is such tunnel vision at the beginning that they never start the investigation the correct way and it goes unsolved.

I posted earlier that I remembered something about a conservation officer being talked about at the beginning of the case. Just found the post and it doesn't look like it was anything BG related. On Feb 15, 2017, there was a guy who was threatening suicide and a conservation officer helped him. The person who posted was wondering if the suicidal guy could be bridge guy.

Copied, pasted and respectfully BBM for focus (History - close to the bottom), from @coastal post on 9/6/17. #336 on Thread 67:

Found Deceased - IN - Abigail Williams, 13, & Liberty German, 14, Delphi, 13 Feb 2017 #67

Trying to figure out what drew BG to the High Bridge in Delphi, and surfing around,

I found this:

List of battles fought in Indiana - Wikipedia

>>>snip

Canoeing and Boating:

Deer Creek:
A small creek, little known to those outside the county, is Deer Creek. Its 23-mile floatable portion in Carroll County begins just south of the town of Deer Creek in northeast Carroll County at the SR 29 bridge. There is no Indiana DNR Public Access Site at this or any other location along Deer Creek, so access is from private property—usually fields at some distance from residences—along state or county roads near bridges. The one exception is Sycamore Row, an abandoned, quarter-mile state highway department-owned segment of old SR 29, just south of the intersection with SR 218. The Creek is accessible via a steep slope down from the northern terminus of the Row. There is parking along the berm of the single lane, but turning around at the terminus is difficult.

The most popular launch site for Deer Creek is at the SR 75 bridge south of Camden, 11.1 miles downstream from Sycamore Row. Downstream 6.9 miles from there, paddlers will pass under the 1897 Wilson Bridge. The Pratt through-truss iron structure was restored in 2008 and is on the National Register. At 1.4 miles further downstream is the 1891 wooden railroad trestle local residents call “High Bridge.” At 852 feet long and 65 feet above the creek, High Bridge is the second highest and third longest railroad trestle in Indiana. This grand structure is eligible for listing in the National Register.
Deer Creek winds through Delphi’s Riley Park, 2.1 miles downstream from High Bridge. The Park is about a quarter-mile south of the City’s Historic Courthouse Square, on U.S. 421/SR 39 S. Access to the Creek is via the road and footpaths through the Park. Paddlers can obtain food and other necessities at the many retailers around Courthouse Square. SR 75 to Riley Park is a total of 10.5 stream miles. The confluence of the Creek and the Wabash River is 1.3 miles downstream, near the site where the first Carroll County settlers constructed their log cabins in 1826.
Canoe Outfitters:

here are two canoe outfitters located in or near Carroll County:

Hodges Canoe Trips (on the Tippecanoe River)

2761 N 1275 W
Delphi, IN 46923
765-564-6806
Wildcat Canoe and Kayak Too (on Wildcat Creek)

CR 725 E, south of the bridge, in Tippecanoe County
765-589-8081

<<<snip
That exact Deer Creek location will have been visited by lots of people, for many years, from the river side. BG looks comfortable on the bridge, IMO, and comfortable outdoors. MAybe a kayaker?

Also,

>>>snip

Deer Creek Park

Deer Creek Park is one of two parks owned by Carroll County. It is a 12.7-acre site located at 6336 East State Road 218, east of Camden, just west of SR 29 near the town of Deer Creek.

Its amenities include camping sites with electrical hook-ups, water, a large fishing pond, and picnic tables. There are a clubhouse, picnic pavilions, renovated playground equipment, paved basketball court, extensive lawn area for informal games, and modern restrooms with showers.
The clubhouse is a heated and cooled block facility with electricity, tables and chairs, and a refrigerator, and is available

Use of the pond for fishing—day or night—recreational facilities, and picnic pavilions are free of charge year-round, but camping and clubhouse use are charged for as follows

Camping Season is April 15-October 15

History

The Deer Creek Conservation Club evolved from fish fries held in the Masonic Lodge building in nearby Deer Creek. About 1938 the Club was officially formed. The block building was built next to the pond just south of Deer Creek on State Road 218. All of the building materials and labor were supplied by the members.
The Conservation Club owned some of the biggest fish fryers in the county, using 100 pound LP gas tanks. The club put on many delicious fish fries. They also hosted one of the biggest trap shoots in the country on Labor Day each year with men coming from Logansport, Delphi, Monon, and Brookston to compete in it.
Softball games were held every week on the grounds for several years. The games were well attended and a highlight of the community. It is said that as many as 300 people at one time came out to watch the games. Euchre tournaments were another popular event.
The fishing pond was created when stone was quarried during the construction of State Road 29. Bass, bluegill, and catfish are plentiful in the pond. You do not need a fishing license to fish in the pond.
In 1967 the Conservation Club was struggling and it was decided to turn the grounds and building over to the county to be used as a park. Presently, the Deer Creek Park is one of two county-owned parks; the other park is the French Post Park near Lockport.

In 2008 when county finances suffered significant problems, the County Council recommended selling Deer Creek Park. At that time local citizens banded together to form Friends of Carroll County Parks to maintain, renovate, and provide support to keep the parks open to the public.

Current volunteer county-appointed Park Board members are headed by President Al Buttice. They work together with the Friends group to maintain, enhance, and market the parks.

<<<snip

Also, I learned that Indiana has a rich Civil War history. Civil War relics are big business, as are Native American relics, both are probably abundant here, IMO..

List of battles fought in Indiana - Wikipedia

Finally:
http://mymixfm.com/news/articles/2017/sep/05/us-36-wabash-river-bridge-to-close-this-weekend/
>>>snip
Clarke County, Ind (WIBQ) - The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) says that the U.S. 36 Bridge over the Wabash River will close this weekend so that the contractor can pour new decking on the bridge.

The closure will begin at midnight Friday night, September 8 and is scheduled to reopen by Sunday, September 10 at 6 p.m. There will also be 20 minute lane closures after 9 p.m. Friday until the bridge closes at midnight.

The bridge work is scheduled to be completed by the first week in October of this year.

The remainder of the project stretching into 2018 will include paving and bridge deck overlays. U.S. 36 will be resurfaced from Rockville to the Indiana/Illinois State line.
<<<snip
Road crew(s) might bring transient staff through there, legitimately, and often. Also, contractors. Who are they?Do they stay in local hotels? Where were they 2/17?

Maybe something here will spark a clue.

God Bless Abby and Libby.

proxy.php.gif

My thoughts today lead me away from any more speculation because anything I could discuss here could be used by the defense. I have already read that this defense loves to brainstorm about the case with all their colleagues. No more speculation from me.

JMO

Last edited:
Is Bradley Rozzi a privately retained attorney?
He resigned as a Cass County public defender in 2010, per Pharos Tribune.

“The announcement comes less than a year after Knight’s law partner, Brad Rozzi, resigned from the public defender’s office.”

According to the WISHTV news report "Today the judge assigned Allen a lawyer."

Well if he is indeed the killer then how could he have had solid alibi, crafted or not? One would think that if a grown man who's a local admitted to being on the bridge (as opposed to just hiking the trails) they would have dug a bit deeper. Guess we'll find out soon enough! Thanks for the reply!

My thoughts today lead me away from any more speculation because anything I could discuss here could be used by the defense. I have already read that this defense loves to brainstorm about the case with all their colleagues. No more speculation from me.
I agree and I think in the Casey Anthony case we helped her defense team way too much. IMO

Leazenby publicly said he had heard BGs voice before.

I hoped they took voice samples from all their interviews and had Leazenby listen.

Don’t think so though because this arrest took so long.

MOO I bet bet RA seamlessly manipulated not speaking to Leazenby ever again.
Probably when he picked up some prescriptions at the local CVS.

JMO. The scales of justice only work right with a good prosecution and a good defense. I am absolutely all for the accused, any accused, getting a vigorous defense. It saves on appeals for one thing. Plus, if a jury finds the defendant guilty (or innocent) in a fair battle of support and opposition it seems more settled. Lady Justice holds a double edged sword I believe. You can fight and defend with one of those.

"It was initiated after Kegan Kline told police they would find a cell phone and weapon in the river, the source tells I-Team 8."

Wow so he basically HAS to be connected at this point, if this is true. A lot of information in that article.

edit: Should have read the rest. Now they're saying nothing was found in the river. I wonder why he would lie about that and incriminate himself in a double homicide.
He wouldn't. His only reason to lie would be to get a break on the CSAM charges, but he wouldn't do that by putting himself in the middle of a double murder investigation AND lie about evidence of the murders being located right next to HIS house. If we are to believe this news article, then KAK is involved in the murders, somehow, some way. Maybe only involved through knowledge of what happened, but he is INVOLVED. Nothing else makes logical sense. My opinion, of course.

Well, well, colour me confused….VERY confused. I understand some here would rather that KAK not come into this conversation (Abby and Libby’s murder), but how can it not given what all he has thrown out there? As well, if I post this on KAK’s thread it would also infuse the girls’ murder into his designated thread. :rolleyes:

So, LE searched the Wabash River on the word of a known liar only to find absolutely nothing. Either the phone and weapon were washed up or down stream (which ever way it flows) OR it was an outright lie. Regardless if the truth or a lie, they were looking for a “weapon.” Whose weapon? If KAK hasn’t been charged with physically harming someone, whose weapon could he be referring to?

What concerns me is KAK making “deals” whilst RA has not had an attorney until today. Maybe I’m just very jaded having followed the Paul Bernardo/Karla Holmolka multiple murder case whereby she made a sweetheart of a deal and then LE watched the tapes and discovered what an evil demon she really was. It has been noted by some that Paul Bernardo, aka the Scarborough rapist, didn’t start killing until after they were married. Don’t want to forget Krystal Kenney, Patrick Frazee’s demon sidekick either, who got a deal of a lifetime!

I just don’t see RA and KAK not being connected, however loosely. Too coinky dinky for my taste. I may be completely wrong on this and if I am, hey, I like crow. Preferably baked!! :)

All MOO and more MOO!

I hesitate to talk about KAK because I don’t think he’s involved. But here goes…

How many girls was KAK catfishing? Lots. So many. IMO the chances that any teen girl murdered would have been catfished by KAK was probably pretty high.

It took me a while to wrap my head around Libby being catfished by KAK and killed by someone unrelated but really that’s what seems to be the case.

Wow. How could RA have said he was on the MHB that day, but he was then just “forgotten”? I find that hard to believe, given he looks similar to the video, and there couldn’t have been THAT many men on the bridge that day.

So, was all it took to be forgotten was for him to say “yep, I was there, didn’t see the girls, good luck with that murder investigation, cya later”… for 5.5 YEARS?
How did RA not see Libby using her phone to record him?

''Allen wrote his wife has stopped working for “her personal safety.”

“At my initial hearing on Oct. 28, 2022, I asked to find representation for myself,” Allen wrote in the letter that was postmarked Nov. 7. “However, at the time I had no clue how expensive it would be just to talk to someone.

“I also did not realize what my wife and I’s immediate financial situation was going to be,” he wrote. “We have both been forced to immediately abandon employment, myself due to incarceration and my wife for her personal safety.”

Since the get-go.
If this new story is accurate, then IDK if I can believe that. It sounds like he talked with the conservation officer, CO took a report and it was added to the case file and there was very little, if any follow-up done on him. That wouldn't say to me he was on LE's radar. That would tell me that he either had one hell of a convincing story and/or someone dropped the ball because no follow-up was performed.

If it's the latter, then it absolutely needs to be explained how a white male who bore even some resemblance to BG in the video and who lived extremely close to the crime scene was allowed to just be after they found Libby's phone video. There's either a large missing piece here that connects the dots with a good explanation or LE screwed up royally.

His head was down and he was too far away? JMO
Agreed. The video doesn't appear to have been taken by Libby holding her phone at eye level and shooting footage of BG walking. It appears as if it's down by her side and being taken discreetly. Very possible he noticed the phone, but not that he was being recorded because it's not like cell phones have a red light that goes on when recording starts like you see in a studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14