Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, to me this is sounding more and more like KAK and Allen aren't connected, KAK was selling LE a made up story (perhaps in an attempt to get a plea deal on his other charges), and the timing was just a coincidence. Pretty wild if true. I guess a connection is still possible, but it doesn't seem likely to me if this article is accurate.

Also pretty crazy that Allen literally admitted to being on the bridge that afternoon and yet is just now being arrested. I wonder if he was ever even investigated at the beginning or whether his admission just totally fell through the cracks?
Yes, if there's no connection, it truly is a wild coincidence! And explains LE's apparently fruitless focus on him. It sure seems like LE thought KAK knew who killed the girls, though.

I think LE had reason to believe that KAK killed the girls because it was logical and he probably lied to them as well. Ultimately, I do believe KAK and RA were not connected, but it makes sense that they would try to investigate the Klines as much as possible.

I lean towards LE reinvestigating RA after looking back on past notes or getting a tip (IMO). That just makes the most sense to me.

At the time of the immediate initial search on the 13th, did the searchers know the girls had been on the bridge? That was from a Snapchat photo only right? Had that info come out yet?

So maybe when RA said he was on the bridge to the conservation officer, that didn't mean so much yet. I also assume he talked to this conservation officer during the search party after he had changed/cleaned up. So maybe when he mentions the bridge it is like "hey, I am a brave concerned parent/citizen and walked that scary bridge for a better view and didn't see them." Now he has his DNA and footprints covered without a time frame that is suspicious. So between the bridge not having its meaning yet and the context being during the search party it really seemed innocuous and got filed away in some sub folder.

I also wonder if he admitted being on the trails at all in the afternoon.

SBM
No, there is nothing.

However what stands out to me chiefly is that there was communication with the shots account just prior to the murders (indicating a possible catfish plan to meet at the bridge) and RA’s arrest coming while KK was in plea deal negotiations.

Take those two away (eg say Libby had no contact with the shots account for days prior to the murder, and there were no plea deal negotiations underway with KK) and I would believe there’s no reason to see RA ‘s crime as more than one of opportunity with no connection to KK or his accounts.
Agreed in full -- and the timing in both situations raises leads to a raised eyebrow

At the time of the immediate initial search on the 13th, did the searchers know the girls had been on the bridge? That was from a Snapchat photo only right? Had that info come out yet?

So maybe when RA said he was on the bridge to the conservation officer, that didn't mean so much yet. I also assume he talked to this conservation officer during the search party after he had changed/cleaned up. So maybe when he mentions the bridge it is like "hey, I am a brave concerned parent/citizen and walked that scary bridge for a better view and didn't see them." Now he has his DNA and footprints covered without a time frame that is suspicious. So between the bridge not having its meaning yet and the context being during the search party it really seemed innocuous and got filed away in some sub folder.

I also wonder if he admitted being on the trails at all in the afternoon.
In general, I like where your headed -- the idea that he felt the need to explain away something -- why he might have been seen there, why his shoot prints might be there, etc.

Have we ever been told who actually found the girls? I assume the answer is no

Not necessarily replying to you as much as the linked article.

But BBM part is just mind boggling. I can’t imagine anyone else was even on the bridge that day, yet the killer mentioned it that afternoon?? It says “right after” the murders? I swear if we find out he was covered in blood when he told them he was on the bridge my head might just explode.

I’m just trying to Understand how this took 5.5 years to solve? Seems 5.5 hours should have been plenty of time.
BBM - Sameeeeeeeee!
I want to love, hate and laugh at your comment because ITA! About everything. Not that it’s funny but that last comment has me lol.

IMOO, I think this entire SNAFU will be used at Quantico for teaching purposes, of what not to do.

JMHO

I am totally confused now with KAK even with the extreme amount of smoke and coincidences. But he did hide a phone from the search warrant and delete apps and microwave either that same phone or another and Libby did a factory reset of her phone in the days beforehand......so I think the most damning Delphi evidence was either lost or a real process to restore.

The MS podcast did say KAK confessed that he waited for the killer in his red jeep. So unless he didn't know the real identity (which could be possible) or is a huge liar (also possible) that is a connection even if online was lost. Also he was flown to the ISP in August where he could have talked then.

This article may have been discussed, but is interesting because it already has his reduced number of charges (25 from 30) so perhaps new negotiations related to RA? Kegan Kline trial delayed amid “negotiations” in case
Here's a potential scenario-- KAK messaged with Libby, ends up in his current mess and says something that makes police think he is involved or had evidence. Best case scenario at that point is he is involved or a witness. Worst case is he told a lie that's hard to disprove and becomes Witness #1 in the defense case.

Everything about him screams liar or witness -- or, perhaps, lying witness.

That would motivate law enforcement to keep the case open to either rule him in or out.

The negotiations are interesting -- if prosecutors and police believed he did it, they wouldn't negotiate. They would stack the charges to ensure an acquittal on the murders did not result in freedom. And no defense attorney in their right mind would let him talk if there one scintilla of a hunch that he killed them.

Could he know something but couldn't pin the tail on the murderer -- sure. It would just break Ocsam's "Razor" in half :)

The article states that Kline told investigators they would find a cellphone and a weapon in the Wabash River. Article goes on to state those items were not found.

Yet, in the period of time after Allen was arrested, but before his motion to have an attorney appointed was recognized, five charges were dropped against KAK (As @TL45 has indicated, they appear to the “emilyann“ related charges.)
Could Emilyann be RA ? Maybe connection discovered during the October 13th search warrant? That is why those charges dropped against KAK and why he is in current negotiations (if he did help)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025