Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
MOO Admits to being on bridge? I have out heard he said he was on the trails. interested, where did you see bridge?
It says bridge in that article I linked up thread:

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

MOO Admits to being on bridge? I have out heard he said he was on the trails. interested, where did you see bridge?
Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

Source: Investigators have known for years that the Delphi suspect was on the Monon High Bridge the day Abby and Libby were killed

The article also said such evidence was never found and that KAK is known to lie to investigators, so what weight this has is still in question. I very much wonder if KAK does have information about the murders that he can corroborate with details that LE have never released to the public, though. Maybe we'll find out soon.
Yeah, to me this is sounding more and more like KAK and Allen aren't connected, KAK was selling LE a made up story (perhaps in an attempt to get a plea deal on his other charges), and the timing was just a coincidence. Pretty wild if true. I guess a connection is still possible, but it doesn't seem likely to me if this article is accurate.

Also pretty crazy that Allen literally admitted to being on the bridge that afternoon and yet is just now being arrested. I wonder if he was ever even investigated at the beginning or whether his admission just totally fell through the cracks?

Yeah, to me this is sounding more and more like KAK and Allen aren't connected, KAK was selling LE a made up story (perhaps in an attempt to get a plea deal on his other charges), and the timing was just a coincidence. Pretty wild if true. I guess a connection is still possible, but it doesn't seem likely to me if this article is accurate.

Also pretty crazy that Allen literally admitted to being on the bridge that afternoon and yet is just now being arrested. I wonder if he was ever even investigated at the beginning or whether his admission just totally fell through the cracks?
It does seem strange that he admitted he was on the bridge earlier on the day the girls disappeared, especially if he wasn’t investigated.

JMO

Last edited:
Wow -- plenty of interesting info in that article. I wonder how far through the cracks that RA self-report might have fallen?

Info on the search of the Wabash river also revealing if confirmed.
The article says that KAK told LE they’d find a cell phone and a weapon in the river. It further notes that evidence was not found and that KAK has a history of deceit with the police. So I’m still wondering how the hell they got the Search Warrant for RA’s house then? It doesn’t seem based on that article that they got information in support of a warrant via the actual search of the river -would it have been enough to get a Search Warrant based on whatever KAK told them even if they couldn’t prove what he told them with the physical evidence he said they’d find??

"It was initiated after Kegan Kline told police they would find a cell phone and weapon in the river, the source tells I-Team 8."

Wow so he basically HAS to be connected at this point, if this is true. A lot of information in that article.

edit: Should have read the rest. Now they're saying nothing was found in the river. I wonder why he would lie about that and incriminate himself in a double homicide.
Right? This makes it far easier for a defence team to say it wasn’t my client, it was the guy you have in custody already. LE is going to have a hard time proving which guy it really was it seems. No wonder their investigation is on-going.

So if KAK told them there were weapons in the river does that mean he knew what kind of weapon was used or was he just lying and guessed what kind of weapon was used? They have never publicly said how the girls were killed.

So if KAK told them there were weapons in the river does that mean he knew what kind of weapon was used or was he just lying and guessed what kind of weapon was used? They have never publicly said how the girls were killed.
That's my question, because if KAK was feeding them crap, which he'd been known to do, wouldn't they ask for some kind of corroborating details before agreeing to an extensive search of a river?

This story is getting weirder and weirder. I can't think of a reason in the world for KAK to tell investigators they'd find a phone and weapon in the river unless he personally put them there. And the only phone I can think of that would have investigative value is a phone that pinged on or near the bridge that day that they haven't already tracked down. Very curious. it's really hard to make the facts line up into a consistent, coherent narrative as they're released at this point.

It certainly sounds like it fell through the cracks. They must have assumed that the killer wouldn't come forward voluntarily and admit to having been there.

The article says that KAK told LE they’d find a cell phone and a weapon in the river. It further notes that evidence was not found and that KAK has a history of deceit with the police. So I’m still wondering how the hell they got the Search Warrant for RA’s house then? It doesn’t seem based on that article that they got information in support of a warrant via the actual search of the river -would it have been enough to get a Search Warrant based on whatever KAK told them even if they couldn’t prove what he told them with the physical evidence he said they’d find??

It doesn't appear that the search warrant had anything to do with information provided by KAK.

It seems likely to me that LE has an idea of the weapon used (eg: a serrated blade vs a box cutter). He had to have said something significant for them to invest 5 weeks searching the river. Otherwise how do they justify the expense and man power? I wonder if he said it was in the river and they didn’t find it but they found probable cause on RA in the meantime and then got the warrant? Maybe they then found the weapon and charged him accordingly?

It certainly sounds like it fell through the cracks. They must have assumed that the killer wouldn't come forward voluntarily and admit to having been there.

It doesn't appear that the search warrant had anything to do with information provided by KAK.

Or, they perceived him as being an attention-seeker of some sort who had nothing to do with the case and just blew him off. I'm sure they had their fair share of those.

This information is troubling. I’ve read speculation about this, but assume this is accurate. It’s difficult to accept he admitted he was there and denied seeing them. He must be very persuasive.
IMO, I dont think he was ever formally interviewed.
Slid right through the cracks even after admitting he was there that day and LE never called him in or went to his home to question him.
JMO

Or, they perceived him as being an attention-seeker of some sort who had nothing to do with the case and just blew him off. I'm sure they had their fair share of those.
The problem with blowing him off is he admits he was on the bridge the day the girls go missing even though he says he didn’t see the girls. The next day they are found - murdered. Anyone who was on the bridge that day, whether reported seen or self-confessed, should become a suspect.

IMO

Last edited:
I wonder if LE knew all along that RA was BG, because he even admitted to being that man in the photograph BEFORE the LE officers revealed he was the killer? At first LE said they ‘just wanted to talk to the man in the photograph’

What if RA went to LE at that point, before the video and audio was released, and admitted it was him??

That way they’d have known all along he did it but needed public tips and evidence to come to light to prove it.

Hence an incredibly frustrating case for police to solve.

IMO, I dont think he was ever formally interviewed.
Slid right through the cracks even after admitting he was there that day and LE never called him in or went to his home to question him.
JMO
Possible unfortunately but I don’t think likely and I don’t believe many locals interested in inserting themselves into the case. Hope we find out what happened.

IMO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members