Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

<snip>

Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cell phone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.
Not necessarily replying to you as much as the linked article.

But BBM part is just mind boggling. I can’t imagine anyone else was even on the bridge that day, yet the killer mentioned it that afternoon?? It says “right after” the murders? I swear if we find out he was covered in blood when he told them he was on the bridge my head might just explode.

I’m just trying to Understand how this took 5.5 years to solve? Seems 5.5 hours should have been plenty of time.

THE CRIMINAL DEFENSE TEAM​

YOUR BEST DEFENSE IS A CALL AWAY​

ANDREW J. BALDWIN​

This attorney has been in practice 27 years. It seems RS’s defense will be adequate. Will he be represented by AJB or someone else within the firm?

But BBM part is just mind boggling. I can’t imagine anyone else was even on the bridge that day, yet the killer mentioned it that afternoon?? It says “right after” the murders? I swear if we find out he was covered in blood when he told them he was on the bridge my head might just explode.

I’m just trying to Understand how this took 5.5 years to solve? Seems 5.5 hours should have been plenty of time.
It IS staggering.

ETA:Edited to BBM. Did this law firm come forward to take this case?

Last edited:

Noting that if RA told a conservation officer this on Feb. 13, the girls were considered missing then and had not been found.

I wonder if the conservation officer was part of the search team, but then not part of the investigative team. Thank goodness that log entry was made and retained (looking at the bright side?).

Edited for grammar.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.

<snip>

Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cell phone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.
BBM. What could make his report considered unfounded?

I also wonder about when the BG picture and audio was released. Wouldn't that jog the memory of the statement?

"It was initiated after Kegan Kline told police they would find a cell phone and weapon in the river, the source tells I-Team 8."

Wow so he basically HAS to be connected at this point, if this is true. A lot of information in that article.

edit: Should have read the rest. Now they're saying nothing was found in the river. I wonder why he would lie about that and incriminate himself in a double homicide.

Directly after murders, suspect told state conservation officer that he was on the bridge

The article states that Kline told investigators they would find a cellphone and a weapon in the Wabash River. Article goes on to state those items were not found.

Yet, in the period of time after Allen was arrested, but before his motion to have an attorney appointed was recognized, five charges were dropped against KAK (As @TL45 has indicated, they appear to the “emilyann“ related charges.)

If those items in the Wabash River were not found and so were not what led to Allen, did Kline in some other way implicate Allen, or was suspicion SOLELY based upon a review of the investigative files and had nothing to do with Kline? That seems unlikely without some evidence beyond his having come forward to a conservation officer about his presence at MHB the day of the murders. There had to be more - breakdown in alibi, recently discovered forensic connection to the bodies or where they were found, or something else.

Recent LE activity related to KAK seemed to coincide remarkably close with the search warrant at Allen’s home and property and also with Allen’s subsequent arrest. And there was the report about KAK conducting a search for directions to the Marathon gas station not far from Allen’s home on the day of the murders which also seemed to potentially link the two.

I have to wonder: If they were meeting at that Marathon station and KAK was later waiting in the red Jeep, is it possible another person was also involved? Is LE still trying to snare another person, so are downplaying any discoveries from the Wabash River search and any related disclosures from KAK? Was Allen not the hands-on killer, but instead an accomplice who directed the girls toward the killer? Did LE hope Allen would talk and thus help in supporting search and arrest related to another - still unidentified - person who cannot otherwise be lawfully considered suspect?

It just seems there is more going on than what has been revealed. And the FBI was absent from the press conference after the arrest. Why? They were involved early, put up signs about LG and AW across the country early, and were present and spoke at the April 2019 press conference. So why absent now?

Are KAK and Allen potentially at risk - not simply by angry citizens, but as witnesses who can implicate another - until still another person is identified and taken into custody of LE?

ETA: if there is still a suspect outstanding, is that suspect associated with the “emilyann” posts?

"It was initiated after Kegan Kline told police they would find a cell phone and weapon in the river, the source tells I-Team 8."

Wow so he basically HAS to be connected at this point, if this is true. A lot of information in that article.
The article also said such evidence was never found and that KAK is known to lie to investigators, so what weight this has is still in question. I very much wonder if KAK does have information about the murders that he can corroborate with details that LE have never released to the public, though. Maybe we'll find out soon.

"Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case"

That sounds like KAK was not getting them anywhere?

He has retained an attorney:
View attachment 379788
The full state statute listed under his charges reads (per Justia, BBM is the particular subsection (2) in the charges):

IC 35-42-1-1 Murder
Sec. 1. A person who:

(1) knowingly or intentionally kills another human being;

(2) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit arson, burglary, child molesting, consumer product tampering, criminal deviate conduct (under IC 35-42-4-2 before its repeal), kidnapping, rape, robbery, human trafficking, promotion of human labor trafficking, promotion of human sexual trafficking, promotion of child sexual trafficking, promotion of sexual trafficking of a younger child, child sexual trafficking, or carjacking (before its repeal);

(3) kills another human being while committing or attempting to commit:

(A) dealing in or manufacturing cocaine or a narcotic drug (IC 35-48-4-1);

(B) dealing in methamphetamine (IC 35-48-4-1.1);

(C) manufacturing methamphetamine (IC 35-48-4-1.2);

(D) dealing in a schedule I, II, or III controlled substance (IC 35-48-4-2);

(E) dealing in a schedule IV controlled substance (IC 35-48-4-3); or

(F) dealing in a schedule V controlled substance; or

(4) except as provided in section 6.5 of this chapter, knowingly or intentionally kills a fetus in any stage of development;

commits murder, a felony.

"Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case"

That sounds like KAK was not getting them anywhere?
Perhaps. According to Allen's account, he never saw the girls that day. That means his DNA should not be at the scene.

I wonder if they looked over the files, saw his name, and decided to get a DNA sample or something.

Perhaps. According to Allen's account, he never saw the girls that day. That means his DNA should not be at the scene.

I wonder if they looked over the files, saw his name, and decided to get a DNA sample or something.
Since RA admits he was on the bridge that day, he has covered finding his DNA on the bridge but not on the girls or at the scene of the killing or where they were found.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member