Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there was any tip. I think it’s as simple as the article states. Someone new that didn’t have a preconceived idea of who murdered the girls looked at the case file and followed procedure.

I’m guessing they started at the beginning to verify who was at the trails that day and checked them out one by one. They likely saw that RA was there, admitted to being on the bridge and no follow up was done.

I assume from there they started investigating him as a potential suspect since he said he was on the bridge, he resembles BG and probably didn’t even offer an alibi.

At that point maybe they got discarded DNA to test against a CS sample and had probable cause to search his house.

I don’t think there was any tip. I think it’s as simple as the article states. Someone new that didn’t have a preconceived idea of who murdered the girls looked at the case file and followed procedure.

I’m guessing they started at the beginning to verify who was at the trails that day and checked them out one by one. They likely saw that RA was there, admitted to being on the bridge and no follow up was done.

I assume from there they started investigating him as a potential suspect since he said he was on the bridge, he resembles BG and probably didn’t even offer an alibi.

At that point maybe they got discarded DNA to test against a CS sample and had probable cause to search his house.
If so, then this would be very strong evidence.

Bringing forward for reference

November 14, 2022

“DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the teens’ murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.”

[...]

“Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cellphone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.”
The BBM part is what I can't reconcile and can't come up with any reasonable explanation. They forgot his statement? I say this because Allen is - and was in 2017:
  • Stocky
  • Middle-aged
  • White
  • Male
  • Lived near the MHB
And placed himself at the scene.

The video they had almost immediately from Libby's phone showed a stocky middle-aged white male. It doesn't matter if his statement was nondescript or he had no major priors. He fits the general physical description of BG and thus is at least worth a follow-up interview or in the course of the investigation LE saying "Let's go back and find all the people that match the general physical description" or heck, talk to every white adult male who placed themselves at the scene.

While I don't think this is any large cover-up or conspiracy, because normally those theories are just silly, I do think somehow in the process he got overlooked and forgotten. If that's how LE let the killer go free for so long, it's a scary thought. Reserving final judgement for when we know the whole story but right now it doesn't look good.

I missed a number of threads some time ago and don’t want to open a can of worms, but does anyone think it's possible Chadwell had a connection with KAK as he too had an interest in young girls and deserves every minute of his 90 year sentence. That tattoo on his arm always bothered me because to me it really does look like Libby.

Chadwell tattoo.JPG

Tobe Leazenby said there are “several factors” causing authorities to look into Chadwell for the Delphi murders, but he didn’t specify what they were. He told ABC News detectives are exploring whether there “might” be a connection but stressed there is no specific link as of yet.

James Brian Chadwell: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

The BBM part is what I can't reconcile and can't come up with any reasonable explanation. They forgot his statement? I say this because Allen is - and was in 2017:
  • Stocky
  • Middle-aged
  • White
  • Male
  • Lived near the MHB
And placed himself at the scene.

The video they had almost immediately from Libby's phone showed a stocky middle-aged white male. It doesn't matter if his statement was nondescript or he had no major priors. He fits the general physical description of BG and thus is at least worth a follow-up interview or in the course of the investigation LE saying "Let's go back and find all the people that match the general physical description" or heck, talk to every white adult male who placed themselves at the scene.

While I don't think this is any large cover-up or conspiracy, because normally those theories are just silly, I do think somehow in the process he got overlooked and forgotten. If that's how LE let the killer go free for so long, it's a scary thought. Reserving final judgement for when we know the whole story but right now it doesn't look good.
Could it be because RA presented himself to a conservation officer instead of an Indiana State Police detective?

I missed a number of threads some time ago and don’t want to open a can of worms, but does anyone think it's possible Chadwell had a connection with KAK as he too had an interest in young girls and deserves every minute of his 90 year sentence. That tattoo on his arm always bothered me because to me it really does look like Libby.

View attachment 379913

Tobe Leazenby said there are “several factors” causing authorities to look into Chadwell for the Delphi murders, but he didn’t specify what they were. He told ABC News detectives are exploring whether there “might” be a connection but stressed there is no specific link as of yet.

The fact that he abducted, choked, and sexually assaulted a young child in his basement would indeed indicate that he wouldn’t have any problem being part of Kline’s online network and might explain the tattoo. MOO

View attachment 379913

He had that tattoo long before Libby was murdered. This was discussed at length when he was arrested hours after abducting the child.

DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.
BBM/SBM
I wonder what they mean by the bolded part?

Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Why would a report to an authority be considered unfounded, and why wasn’t he redirected to a detective?

Last edited:
Should we expect RA's defense attorney, Andrew J Baldwin, will argue to keep the PC docs sealed?
That could go either way I think, depending on exactly what is in those documents. If there is strong evidence they'd likely want to keep that from the public as long as possible while the defense whittles away at it in the background. If the PC is flimsy or tentative or circumstantial I think the defense is going to want that out to the public ASAP in order to further undermine LE and cast additional doubt on LE's handling of the case the last 5 years.

I think if the documents are damning to their client they will align with the prosecutor and request they remain sealed. If the documents are damning to LE I think the defense will argue to unseal them. My opinion only.

There must be what, about a 100 men in Delphi who fit the description when you include his height? In 5 years you'd have thought each one could have been investigated within the limits of the law, and a high number eliminated.

Out of 100 similar men in Delphi, RA was confirmed as being on the bridge on the day of the murder.

LE have always suggested that this was a local man or someone who knew the area very well.

The odds are reducing.

Chadwell is one of the creepiest animals I have ever read about. And, with that tattoo, and having lived in Peru..... I HOPE LE continues to investigate.

View attachment 379913

, I h

Could it be because RA presented himself to a conservation officer instead of an Indiana State Police detective?
I don’t understand how that would prevent them from investigating him? It was in the file.

The article said he told the conservation officer hours after the murder that he was on the bridge. At that point RA probably didn’t know there was video of him.

The first day the girls were missing? Sure. They were looking for alive girls and no one saw them on the trails. I understand why LE thought maybe they left the trails and went elsewhere. But after the bodies were found? How did they not go straight back to the people who admitted to being on the trails and start the investigation there?

Bringing forward for reference

November 14, 2022

“DELPHI, Ind. (WISH) — Richard Allen, the man arrested in the 2017 double murder of Abigail Williams and Liberty German near Delphi, told a state conservation officer he was in the area on the day of the killings, but his report may have been considered unfounded, a police source tells I-Team 8.

Allen, a 50-year-old resident of Delphi, went to the conservation officer right after the teens’ murders on Feb. 13, 2017, and said he was on the Monon High Bridge that afternoon but didn’t see the two girls, the source says.”

[...]

“Allen’s statement was forgotten until recently when Indiana State Police became frustrated with the status of the Delphi investigation and asked a group of investigators to look over files related to the case.

Investigators believe Allen is the man on the bridge in the cellphone video and in sketches released by police, the source tells I-Team 8.”
wonder if this was the suggestion of the guy in LE who is suing the force over not listening to his suggestions? Sorry this is so vague can't remember the details haha

I don’t understand how that would prevent them from investigating him? It was in the file.

The article said he told the conservation officer hours after the murder that he was on the bridge. At that point RA probably didn’t know there was video of him.

The first day the girls were missing? Sure. They were looking for alive girls and no one saw them on the trails. I understand why LE thought maybe they left the trails and went elsewhere. But after the bodies were found? How did they not go straight back to the people who admitted to being on the trails and start the investigation there?
If he went hours after the murder, where was he before he talked to the conservation officer? Also if he did so hours after then I think it’s likely he didn’t know the kids recorded him. Wonder what his reaction was when that news broke??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14