Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
He said one phrase that I never noticed before. He said, about that husband who murdered wife, “he was seen at the scene, you know, things like that”.

And then RI proceeds with saying that in situation with Libby and Abby, there was more physical evidence? More than with that husband that was seen at the CS?

I remember how DC said, “you have made mistakes. You were seen”. TBH, I thought it was a script, but now I wonder if someone indeed was seen at the CS?

Remember how DC says that the situation is very complex? I really wonder what they all mean.

(RBBM)

JMO.
Great post!
I believe RMA was “seen” in a broad sense in some way we have not learned yet. RMA would have been hyper-aware of all the possibilities (consciousness of guilt) and that awareness would have influenced his behavior.
From the outside looking in, he seemingly went on living his life without change. I suspect we’ll learn that there were significant changes that cannot be easily viewed through a public lens.
JMO.
(The above assumes for the purposes of discussion that RMA is “Bridge Guy” and murdered A&L. This has not been proven in a court of law.)

I remember how DC said, “you have made mistakes. You were seen”. TBH, I thought it was a script, but now I wonder if someone indeed was seen at the CS?
"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said.

This statement was made at the press conference where the 2nd sketch was released. MOO he is clearly referring to witnesses on the trail. Besides that mistake, he was seen, although not identifiable, on the bridge in video.
No one from LE has ever implied anyone was seen at the CS.
We know where that rumor came from. MOO

the idea that he reported himself in as on that bridge..just blows my mind...it's like something out of a movie..

he just turns to the nearest badge ( standing there looking every bit as BG as BG). and says , yeah , hey I was on the Bridge earlier, oh man...just hope no one thinks anything...and this Park dude is just like..Nah, don't worry about it????

I mean we don't know how this went down verbatim..but this is just wild...and so cunning not to report to a real cop..this way he can say oh I reported myself there, why would I do that if I was the killer? killers don't report themselves..

and exactly when did LE know that RA had been on the bridge that day?

so not only do we have photos, voice and DNA evidence we also have RA putting himself in the location of the crime.

I so wish to know how long they have been watching RA? Maybe we will find out tomorrow who turned him in.

Maybe it was his wife and this is why the have had this sealed so she can have time to prepare for the onslaught.

mOO
I think it is possible someone close to him turned him in. The police have said they went back over the case from the beginning but it seems things went quickly from when they announced A_Shots to now. I wonder if it was a combination of someone starting over from the beginning plus other tips that helped them figure it out?

Bradley A. Rozzi is a partner at Hillis, Hillis, Rozzi and Dean. He's a 1991 graduate of Logansport High School and earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Criminal Justice ... He went on to earn a Masters Degree in Criminology from Indiana State University and ultimately his Juris Doctorate from the University of Toledo School of Law in 2001. In 2002, he was admitted to practice law in Indiana and immediately began working with his father-in-law, John R. Hillis, in Logansport.

His primary areas of concentration include criminal law, divorce and child custody law, adoptions, and guardianships.

He's successfully defended several major felony cases including murder, attempted murder, burglary, child molestation and drug offenses. He's represented clients accused of committing multiple murders and other heinous acts and is death penalty qualified in the state of Indiana.

View attachment 380603
Logansport, Indiana Law Attorney Bradley A. Rozzi | Hillis, Hillis, & Rozzi | Logansport, Indiana Lawyer | Estates, Wills, Corporate, Real Estate Law
I'm glad that there is more experience in murder trials than stated in the short bio. We need good defenders. Thanks for digging deeper. JMO.

he just turns to the nearest badge ( standing there looking every bit as BG as BG). and says , yeah , hey I was on the Bridge earlier, oh man...just hope no one thinks anything...and this Park dude is just like..Nah, don't worry about it????

I mean we don't know how this went down verbatim.
Would the "badge" have already seen the video of BG? Why would this officer recognize him even if he had seen the video? His own coworkers didn't recognize him (RA). For years people have been claiming BG could be/looks like, RL, DN, KAK, TK, BC, etc, disregarding the short stature first reported by the FBI.

MOO but the suggested imagined conversation of the officer dismissing RA's being on the bridge, is not warranted. We don't know what the circumstances were.

"We have a witness. You made mistakes," Carter said.

This statement was made at the press conference where the 2nd sketch was released. MOO he is clearly referring to witnesses on the trail. Besides that mistake, he was seen, although not identifiable, on the bridge in video.
No one from LE has ever implied anyone was seen at the CS.
We know where that rumor came from. MOO

I never read any rumors. I just read the transcript RI comparing two cases. RI is a logical man, so, thought I, if there were more clues in A&L case than an old slam-dunk case where a criminal was seen, what could it be?

I never read any rumors. I just read the transcript RI comparing two cases. RI is a logical man, so, thought I, if there were more clues in A&L case than an old slam-dunk case where a criminal was seen, what could it be?
You quoted DC, that is what I responded to, not to what RI said.

He reported his presence near the murders the same day he allegedly killed them.
Yes—and his report was promptly forgotten, apparently.
I think it is possible someone close to him turned him in. The police have said they went back over the case from the beginning but it seems things went quickly from when they announced A_Shots to now. I wonder if it was a combination of someone starting over from the beginning plus other tips that helped them figure it out?
It doesn't sound like they had any new tips. It sounds like they reviewed the files and realized that no one had ever followed up on this dude who self-reported his presence on the bridge.
Would the "badge" have already seen the video of BG? Why would this officer recognize him even if he had seen the video? His own coworkers didn't recognize him (RA). For years people have been claiming BG could be/looks like, RL, DN, KAK, TK, BC, etc, disregarding the short stature first reported by the FBI.

MOO but the suggested imagined conversation of the officer dismissing RA's being on the bridge, is not warranted. We don't know what the circumstances were.
It sounds like someone just ignored RA's report. Maybe that person thought that RA had the wrong day or that he was just an attention seeker.

It really sounds like this case could have been solved way back in February of 2017. Someone was asleep at the switch, IMHO.

I understood that the bigger topic within the conversation was when and why RA told a CO he was on the bridge (and I wasn't trying to answer that, though I generally agree with the conclusions you made), but I thought the original poster @Le Singe was also asking a different question as well - though I could be wrong. I thought the original post brought up something that is very interesting and nuanced, which is, when could it have been generally known by the public that the girls had been on the bridge? This question would inform significance into the timing of RA coming forward to a CO, though we can only speculate at this point.

I think from family interviews with GH and in podcasts like "Murder in My Family" and "Down the Hill" it seems to me (MOO) that Libby's dad did not know about snapchat pictures showing them on the bridge when he began searching around 3:15 but by the time the family was gathering at the police station later that night, the pictures were known. I wonder how fast word was spreading on social media, in town, and among volunteer searchers that they had been physically on the bridge itself. I do think that this information influenced how they searched that night (downstream towards Delphi instead of upstream, etc). And it will be interesting if we ever find out that it influenced when RA came forward about his whereabouts on that day.
early morning broadcast 2/14 from night before search, reporter Mentions Snapchat time but not that pics were on bridge. I am not sure if this story also ran on the late night broadcast on the 13th.

Not sure what to make of the cellphone "pinging around town here." I forgot that detail. Do pings change from tower to tower, or do they usually stay on a single (closest) tower?

Not sure what to make of the cellphone "pinging around town here." I forgot that detail. Do pings change from tower to tower, or do they usually stay on a single (closest) tower?
They will ping to whatever tower is closer. From what I remember (which makes sense in a more rural community), there wasn't a lot of towers in that general area.

early morning broadcast 2/14 from night before search, reporter Mentions Snapchat time but not that pics were on bridge. I am not sure if this story also ran on the late night broadcast on the 13th.
The first still photo of BG on the bridge was released 2/15/17.
For one or two days it was speculated to have come from a trail cam, then LGs phone camera, but the cloud and eventually the fact the phone was physically found came out.

Last edited:

which I stated we don't know what went down verbatim, thanks for you for your opinion though. mOO

We’ve heard various explanations about the pings, the number of towers in town, etc. but the fact remains, Abby’s father said he was told by LE that the cell phone was pinging all over town. Let’s let them explain the pings.

They will ping to whatever tower is closer. From what I remember (which makes sense in a more rural community), there wasn't a lot of towers in that general area.
One tower provides the distance from that tower in a narrow arc shaped band.
Add even a momentary ping to another tower and the coordinate to locate the within the band is created.

There are two towers in Delphi.
MOO The “pinging all over town” is early days lay person’s description of pinging two towers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassysyl