Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure he does want released!

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The man accused in the Delphi murders on Monday asked to be released from jail while awaiting trial.

Attorneys for Richard Allen filed a request to be released without posting bond or by setting what the request calls a reasonable bail amount.

Richard Allen, 50, was arrested on Oct. 28 and the announcement of charges was made on Oct. 31. He’s been charged in connection to the murders of 13-year-old Abigail “Abby” Williams and 14-year-old Liberty “Libby” German in February of 2017.

The court documents in which the request was made, the attorneys for Allen say they’ve reviewed the probable cause affidavit and that neither the proof of guilt is evident nor the presumption of guilt strong.

(BBM)

I will have to check the docket to see if this will be heard tomorrow as well!

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — The man accused in the Delphi murders on Monday asked to be released from jail while awaiting trial.

Attorneys for Richard Allen filed a request to be released without posting bond or by setting what the request calls a reasonable bail amount.

Richard Allen, 50, was arrested on Oct. 28 and the announcement of charges was made on Oct. 31. He’s been charged in connection to the murders of 13-year-old Abigail “Abby” Williams and 14-year-old Liberty “Libby” German in February of 2017.

The court documents in which the request was made, the attorneys for Allen say they’ve reviewed the probable cause affidavit and that neither the proof of guilt is evident nor the presumption of guilt strong.

(BBM)

Wow , what are the odds of this happening considering what he has been charged with?

Also interesting he is confident in his safety as I’m betting the cops won’t be.

Moo

(BBM)

Well I am not surprised that he wants out while awaiting trial. I can only imagine how lousy incarceration is. The boredom and confinement in a small space would be awful! It will be interesting to see if she agrees to his release pending trial or not.

In regard to the statements by his counsel: I wouldn’t expect them to say anything different really, would you? If they say the case is strong, then it tells everyone their defence is weak. It says we aren’t sure how to get him off here… and makes the case against their client seem perhaps very strong. In stating it is weak, they’re also hoping to put out a public view of innocent until proven guilty.

Wow , what are the odds of this happening considering what he has been charged with?

Also interesting he is confident in his safety as I’m betting the cops won’t be.

Moo
If he is released, I imagine he will abscond to some place where he won’t be easily found or recognized. Perhaps he feels he has a safe reliable support network and can go live with someone or rent a space somewhere? Maybe there is a family cabin somewhere we don’t know about that would help ensure his safety?

So far RA's attorneys are doing exactly what defense lawyers do:
Stating case against their client is weak and he should be released.

ETA: Requesting RA be released without bond is laughable, imo.

Last edited:
Well I am not surprised that he wants out while awaiting trial. I can only imagine how lousy incarceration is. The boredom and confinement in a small space would be awful! It will be interesting to see if she agrees to his release pending trial or not.

In regard to the statements by his counsel: I wouldn’t expect them to say anything different really, would you? If they say the case is strong, then it tells everyone their defence is weak. It says we aren’t sure how to get him off here… and makes the case against their client seem perhaps very strong. In stating it is weak, they’re also hoping to put out a public view of innocent until proven guilty.
Awww... poor baby. His small space is larger than Abby and Libby's. Just sayin'.

So far RA's attorneys are doing exactly what defense lawyers do:
Stating case against their client is weak and he should be released.
Yep. That's what I thought about the attorney's stating the case was weak. I think they do that a lot, even when it's not weak. We shall see for our own eyes. Hopefully soon.

No cameras and electronics in court so we won't learn results of hearing until reporters pour out of the courthouse tomorrow. If news outlooks are in optimum positions outside courthouse, they may get photos of RA entering.

Last edited:

Moo
ZERO, zip, zilch not 1 chance in a billion.

Unless the PCA is unsealed and its insanely weak and they basically have nothing (I do NOT think this is the case). He has no chance in getting out.

Moo
I'd say this is a pretty standard filing, BUT ...if they are arguing the proof/presumption of the PCA then we will hear what the PCA contains, eh? Unless oral arguments won't be heard and its all motion practice.

“Offenses, other than murder or treason, shall be bailable by sufficient sureties. Murder or treason shall not be bailable, when the proof is evident, or the presumption strong.” Ind. Const. Art. 1, § 17

No cameras and electronics in court so we won't learn results of hearing until reporters pour out of the courthouse tomorrow. If news outlooks are in optimum positions outside courthouse, they make get photos of RA entering.
I don’t want to see photos or video of the accused. I want the kids photos plastered all over the place instead.

I'd say this is a pretty standard filing, BUT ...if they are arguing the proof/presumption of the PCA then we will hear what the PCA contains, eh? Unless oral arguments won't be heard and its all motion practice.

“Offenses, other than murder or treason, shall be bailable by sufficient sureties. Murder or treason shall not be bailable, when the proof is evident, or the presumption strong.” Ind. Const. Art. 1, § 17
If nothing else, we will at least be able to take some measure of the judge by her rulings tomorrow. (will be disappointed if she doesn't allow oral arguments pro/con PCA though).

Not sure what to make of the cellphone "pinging around town here." I forgot that detail. Do pings change from tower to tower, or do they usually stay on a single (closest) tower?

@Boxer already did a good job answering this, but here was another post asking about the "pinging around town" and my answer at that time - I had just viewed a trial where phone pings featured very heavily in evidence so the info was fresh in my mind- just in case this might help you understand:

I imagine all they’ll say is it was unsealed and we will publish it later or it was kept sealed and we cannot report on anything in it.
If it's unsealed it will be in print for all to see online. If not the only information that will be written about is what's talked about and observed by the media in the courtroom.

If nothing else, we will at least be able to take some measure of the judge by her rulings tomorrow. (will be disappointed if she doesn't allow oral arguments pro/con PCA though).
If she did not intend to hear arguments then why would she summon the accused to appear in person?

If he is released, I imagine he will abscond to some place where he won’t be easily found or recognized. Perhaps he feels he has a safe reliable support network and can go live with someone or rent a space somewhere? Maybe there is a family cabin somewhere we don’t know about that would help ensure his safety?
I doubt he'll get bail. If by some twisted miracle he does, I would think it's a GPS anklet for him, if not house arrest too. JMO

If it's unsealed it will be in print for all to see online. If not the only information that will be written about is what's talked about and observed by the media in the courtroom.
Is she able to impose a total publication ban if she is so inclined? Eg: if she keeps the documents sealed in whole or in part, can she say no specifics can be released by anyone in attendance? I remember being irritated that in Canada, the media could not report on the Paul Bernardo / Homolka case because she got a very nice deal after lying about her role in the murders of a couple teens and her own sister. But that’s what happened. But American media wasn’t covered by the ban and so… they were able to print details just over the border. I remember reading about the case while in Florida. But I couldn’t read about it while visiting the place where the crimes happened. Imagine that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14