Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I doubt he'll get bail. If by some twisted miracle he does, I would think it's a GPS anklet for him, if not house arrest too. JMO
House arrest would be heaven I would think given the alternative being a small cell.

If he does get bail, will they also impose a no electronic communication clause? What about restraining orders barring contact with people? Unsure how bail in a murder case might work for an accused?

The fact that this person has the audacity to ask to be released while awaiting trial tells everyone just what a narcissist this guy is.
Does he not realize that just the fact that he had to be moved for his own safety means that he would be a sitting here duck for angry people -thus also endangering the welfare of anyone willing to house him?
IMO, he would not make it to his trial, wether by the hands of another or his own.

AMOO

Is she able to impose a total publication ban if she is so inclined? Eg: if she keeps the documents sealed in whole or in part, can she say no specifics can be released by anyone in attendance? l[/URL]
rsbm I believe a publication ban is "prior restraint" on publishing, and it's almost never allowed, as I understand it. The government can seek to punish someone for publishing something, but unless there are exceedingly powerful reasons involving national security or Col. Sanders' secret recipe or something, they can't keep someone from publishing. (I'm not a lawyer; this is just as I understand it.)

You're Canadian, I think you said, but you lived in Florida so you probably recognize the reference, but for others outside the umbrella of American advertising, Colonel Sanders had a chain of fried-chicken places, and his "secret recipe" was supposedly held as a sacred secret when I was a lad. :)

The fact that this person has the audacity to ask to be released while awaiting trial tells everyone just what a narcissist this guy is.
Does he not realize that just the fact that he had to be moved for his own safety means that he would be a sitting here duck for angry people -thus also endangering the welfare of anyone willing to house him?
IMO, he would not make it to his trial, wether by the hands of another or his own.

AMOO
It makes me wonder if there's something he wants to get rid of that LE may not have taken the day they were at his house. It's a big resounding no from me. He made his bed. Now he has to lie in it. <modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
It makes me wonder if there's something he wants to get rid of that LE may not have taken the day they were at his house. It's a big resounding no from me. He made his bed. Now he has to lie in it and stop being a cry baby. Oh woe is me... wah wah. *eyeroll*
View attachment 381658
But this presumes he is guilty of the crime and that hasn’t been proven yet at all.

I do agree though that perhaps there is some evidence he wants to get rid of that hasn’t been found yet.

Or maybe the case against him is really weak and he knows it?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221121-190754_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221121-190754_Samsung Internet.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 59
  • Screenshot_20221121-190803_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221121-190803_Samsung Internet.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 57
  • Screenshot_20221121-190811_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221121-190811_Samsung Internet.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 60
But this presumes he is guilty of the crime and that hasn’t been proven yet at all.

I do agree though that perhaps there is some evidence he wants to get rid of that hasn’t been found yet.

Or maybe the case against him is really weak and he knows it?
Even with a presumption of "innocence", the potential danger to the community, and flight risk assessment, seems to indicate that RA should sleep in the bed he has made for himself.

I hope that the evidence is slam dunk!

(RBBM)

JMO.
Great post!
I believe RMA was “seen” in a broad sense in some way we have not learned yet. RMA would have been hyper-aware of all the possibilities (consciousness of guilt) and that awareness would have influenced his behavior.
From the outside looking in, he seemingly went on living his life without change. I suspect we’ll learn that there were significant changes that cannot be easily viewed through a public lens.
JMO.
(The above assumes for the purposes of discussion that RMA is “Bridge Guy” and murdered A&L. This has not been proven in a court of law.)
‘He seemingly went on living his life without change.’ That reminds me, I’ve been meaning to ask, was the 30-day alcohol rehab ever confirmed? If so, how soon after the murders, if anyone knows? If it’s true, what do you guys make of it? I wonder what his wife thought at the time?

Even with a presumption of "innocence", the potential danger to the community, and flight risk assessment, seems to indicate that RA should sleep in the bed he has made for himself.

I hope that the evidence is slam dunk!
I agree. I wonder if he would be more inclined to suicide now that he’s had a (mild and secluded) few weeks in jail and perhaps realized how lousy his outlook is long term?

Is she able to impose a total publication ban if she is so inclined? Eg: if she keeps the documents sealed in whole or in part, can she say no specifics can be released by anyone in attendance? I remember being irritated that in Canada, the media could not report on the Paul Bernardo / Homolka case because she got a very nice deal after lying about her role in the murders of a couple teens and her own sister. But that’s what happened. But American media wasn’t covered by the ban and so… they were able to print details just over the border. I remember reading about the case while in Florida. But I couldn’t read about it while visiting the place where the crimes happened. Imagine that?
The hearing would be closed I'd think if that was the case. It's listed right now as "Public Access"

House arrest would be heaven I would think given the alternative being a small cell.

If he does get bail, will they also impose a no electronic communication clause? What about restraining orders barring contact with people? Unsure how bail in a murder case might work for an accused?
Yeah I really don't think he'll get bail. But you never know.

rsbm I believe a publication ban is "prior restraint" on publishing, and it's almost never allowed, as I understand it. The government can seek to punish someone for publishing something, but unless there are exceedingly powerful reasons involving national security or Col. Sanders' secret recipe or something, they can't keep someone from publishing. (I'm not a lawyer; this is just as I understand it.)

You're Canadian, I think you said, but you lived in Florida so you probably recognize the reference, but for others outside the umbrella of American advertising, Colonel Sanders had a chain of fried-chicken places, and his "secret recipe" was supposedly held as a sacred secret when I was a lad. :)
And I covet the recipe

Does anyone think the perp took the phone and then returned it to wherever they found it? We were not told where it was found exactly. It could have been in a pocket or in the woods near the kids. We haven’t been told. So could he have taken it and returned? Maybe he wanted to delete something off of it?
In other cases, they have figured out how to determine how fast someone was moving by figuring distance from the towers over time. I think there could be an application here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli