Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #156

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

This reporter from station WTHR replied to his own tweet at the link above with this info:

Heavy law enforcement presence outside the courthouse in #Delphi, with multiple officers patrolling — one with a dog that is sniffing vehicles, trash cans and flower beds around the courthouse perimeter. About 20 people in line (mostly media) waiting for the doors to open. #wthr

Allen has also submitted a petition to be let out on bail. As part of that petition, Allen claims that "because neither the proof of guilt is evident, nor the presumption of guilt strong, the Accused is seeking a hearing to release the Accused.” Allen is asking for the court to either reduce his bail to a "reasonable" amount or release him on his own recognizance.

Probably because she wants to clarify his representation. It's one of the more important legal choices that a defendant can make, and he needs to be in court to say that he accepts the lawyers who are currently representing him. Once that's done, the court and the prosecutors can deal with his lawyers for most things. But I can see her wanting to hear it directly from him instead of just relying on a letter.
The visual and audio confirmation could have easily been done by video live feed. She brought him in so perhaps she expects he may need to confer with his counsel during the proceedings vs just providing them a written determination regarding the PC motion and the request by RA to be out of custody pending trial?

I was shocked when they announced they’d arrested someone. I’ve been following this case for years and thought it would never be solved considering they hadn’t found BG even with the audio and video (and who knows what other evidence at the crime scene). To find out RA came forward to say he was at the bridge the day of the murders and has only now been arrested makes me wonder what evidence they have now that they didn’t have back then. I’m leaning toward a link to KAK.
I really want to read what evidence is in that affidavit.
One caution is, I believe, that a number times law enforcement appear to have conflated the bridge and the trail in their public statements

Last edited:
I think it's interesting that his lawyers say based on the PC affidavit, they do not think the evidence is strong. If the evidence is not strong, why not release the affidavit?

I understand why they asked for a bail hearing, it's his right and you have to do your job, but I think I would have waited until after this hearing today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Patturelli