Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
S&BBMFF.

Her fingerprints would be on it if so.

There's no mention of any prints on the bullet. If they had Allen's prints on the bullet that would be more direct than going thru the whole gun markings on the bullet. In other words the fingerprints on the bullet would be more than enough to tie him to the scene. They wouldn't need to link the bullet to gun, they would directly link the bullet to Allen.

Again the word "Subjective" in regards to the bullet markings make that piece of evidence questionable. That might be enough to cause reasonable doubt in one juror. It definitely makes me question the bullet.

It was interesting to read in the PCA his device did not have an IMEI number:

Why do we care - from the article:
"

How IME works​

In most mobile communications devices, the IMEI appears on the display when the user enters the character sequence *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound) into the keypad. The IMEI code may also be printed inside the battery compartment. When a phone set is lost or stolen, the owner can call the CEIR (Central Equipment Identity Register) and blacklist the device according to its IMEI number. After that action, the set will, in most cases, become useless -- even if someone swaps out the unit's SIM card. However, although it is not an easy task, a skilled and determined cracker can sometimes change the IMEI number and use a stolen set to place calls.

Immediately after purchasing a mobile communications device, the owner should record the IMEI code in a secure place so that it can be quickly accessed in the event of loss or theft."
I need more exploration of this fact because KK had multiple phones and wondering how this would fit in.

I am amazed his family are standing by him because on paper it’s all way to coincidental at the moment.

1) He admits to be out there
2) He owns similar clothes
3) His Gun’s Bullet found by the bodies
4) Car was spotted and parked up

The most creepy thing about the entire crime to me is the fact his daughter has a passing resemblance to Libby. That I can’t wrap my head around.

IMO
Not to mention the fact I'm sure he was acting differently that day and the days immediately following. It can't be hard for his family to remember the day 1) 2 local girls went missing, and 2) they were found on Valentine's Day which is usually, but not always, celebrated by couples.

Was he moody? Super attentive? Did he buy her a really nice gift when that wasn't something he normally did on Valentines? Did he not want to celebrate "I have a headache" when he normally does something for Valentines?

All MOO.

I don't understand this!!!

In 2017 RA admitted to being on the bridge at the same time as the video taken by Libby, wearing the same clothes and having the same build as the guy in the video, AND there were THREE EYE WITNESSES who ALSO described his build and clothes.

Did LE show RA's photo to the THREE eye witnesses in 2017 to see if they recognized him? They walked RIGHT BY HIM. They saw his face enough to describe the look he gave them. Did they run pictures of everyone on the bridge, including RA, by the eye witnesses?

The answer either way is not good: 1) they did not bother because they trusted good ole' Ricky, or 2) they DID and the girls did NOT identify him.

There are a lot of studies that show eye witnesses are not actually that reliable but it is still hard to explain to a jury.

All the supposed leaked claims that LE didn’t interview him look pretty stupid now ….
It sounds to me that they didn't interview him until this year. The PCA stated "Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard." If it was an official police interview, I don't think they would have referred to it twice as a "tip". I think what was leaked was correct, RA came forward to a conservation officer and that CO passed on the information and it appears that may have been lost/buried/ignored.

Thanks. In the beginning I pulled the original audio and ran thru audacity and cooledit and removed the pop, click, and background noise LE had put in because I work with .wav files and could hear words in there. I heard " he's a got a gun" and posted. Got shut down. Now it seems I was correct. So happy we are getting justice for Abby and Libby and their families.
I'm going to be surprised if he shot them , though.
Too risky !
He could certainly have terrified them and subdued them by pointing a weapon at the girls.
:(

There were others on the trails and bridge that day, yet I saw no mention of any of them saying they heard gunshots (or a car "backfiring" which can be mistaken for gunshots). You'd think someone would have said that and that it would have been included.
It is quite possibly that a gun was never fired

Reading between the (redacted) lines makes it appears that the weapon that caused their deaths was not a gun. MOO

Agreed ….so RA’s stray bullet that was picked up from somewhere and planted at the crime scene to frame him and just happened to coordinate with his very own claim of being at the trails at the time of the murder, wearing the same type of clothing as the man in the photo? That’d be far too great a coincidence to be believable by any jury IMO.

He lost his chance when he didn't say he hunts down there all the time. Bullet scrape evidence is questionable but personally I do not think juries are really dissuaded by it. When you are litigating just how trustworthy the scientific evidence (that is allowed to be admitted) is, you likely have a problem.

Reasonable doubt usually comes from some other plausible scenario. He also kind of ruined that by saying no one has ever borrowed his gun. He could have said he doesn't know, his friends have taken it shooting before etc. But kind of too late once you make these admissions.

wait so is there any entire redacted page from the PCA if so that would make me feel much better.

What the PCA does NOT show us:
Did he know TK or KAK? If so, how, when and what was their communication?

Is is possible that one of the KAK men knew the girls were supposed to be there (eg: KAK was supposed to meet LG that day but she didn't show up he said per the interview released by Murder Sheets). Could one of them have somehow had the gun / bullet that was found at the scene? This PCA is not the smoking gun I had hoped for to be honest. It asserts that someone who COULD have been RA, who MIGHT have been driving a car that he drove was parked at CPS and kidnapped / killed the girls. Someone who MIGHT have been RA was seen leaving the area bloody and muddy. Someone who MIGHT have been RA was seen at the bridge and glared at a witness who said hello???
Did he happen to see the OTHER car at the CPS building or was he the only one there?

MOO

Exactly, he has no explanation for his bullet being at the scene, notwithstanding the other mountain of evidence...

He was there that day, at that time, in the same/similar clothing, he admits to being on the bridge platform, his car was seen parked nearby at the time of the murders, etc.

He didn't voluntarily go to LE back in 2017, someone identified his car. Source: Rafael Sanchez @WRTV

MOO
apparently that "mountain of evidence" was not enough in their eyes to even make him a suspect until recently which seems crazy.

It's enough for probable cause, and as i have said its enough for me to think he is guilty, but most of it is easy for a defense attorney to attack. The bullet is the only really compelling thing. Get this in front of a jury and IMO its 50/50. All these eyewitness account are iffy general descriptions and from 5-6 years ago at this point good defense attorney has a lot to attack.

- they said they saw someone that looked and dressed like BG. RA said has those clothes along with 90% of midwestern males his age. descriptions very. easy to attack. I mean its not like they saw him in a unique costume we are talking about jeans and a carhart. This is as common as it gets in rural america.

(obviously best evidence)
he admitted he was there can say he must of dropped it somewhere one of the girls saw it on the ground and picked it it up while hiking so ended up near her body

They saw a "Man" similarly dressed (i really common clothes)

he admitted being there it's a public place people go there. the car descriptions have a lot of variability in them easy to attack.

nothing else is as likely to have happened as something.

not sure why this is incriminating specifically.

Its good enough for me to think hes guilty for all twelve juror to vote to send him to ride the lightning I have my doubt.

Good summary. One thing I think is important to consider is what was released in just the Probable Cause for which his arrest was based. Up until today some people thought, as it hadn’t been released, his arrest lacked transparency and may have been wrongful. I think this PC removed any and all doubt that the Judge errored in approving RA’s arrest as there was more than enough probable cause to base it on.

But at the same time, a PC is not Coles Notes for an future trial so I don’t believe it can be relied upon as a means to predict if RA will be found guilty or not. There may be more evidence that hasn’t been released. For example after years of continuing debate over DNA and/or fingerprints, not one reference to that at all.

JMO

I don't understand this!!!

In 2017 RA admitted to being on the bridge at the same time as the video taken by Libby, wearing the same clothes and having the same build as the guy in the video, AND there were THREE EYE WITNESSES who ALSO described his build and clothes.

Did LE show RA's photo to the THREE eye witnesses in 2017 to see if they recognized him? They walked RIGHT BY HIM. They saw his face enough to describe the look he gave them. Did they run pictures of everyone on the bridge, including RA, by the eye witnesses?

The answer either way is not good: 1) they did not bother because they trusted good ole' Ricky, or 2) they DID and the girls did NOT identify him.

There are a lot of studies that show eye witnesses are not actually that reliable but it is still hard to explain to a jury.

At the least this makes a mockery of the idea they overlooked him.

It might be like you say, they just never could connect him to the crime, but once they have a bullet, and him admitting to be dressed like BG in the video, the case against him is weighty, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
meteora47