Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #157

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a grey 2016 Focus, and a white Smart car for comparison.

I guess they’re similar in that they both have four wheels.

Attachments

• 60D21B95-A745-4CAC-BB1B-68DF60F9CB46.jpeg
    60D21B95-A745-4CAC-BB1B-68DF60F9CB46.jpeg
    86 KB · Views: 15
  • D5AC9AC0-F24C-4F4B-B463-1094A13405BB.jpeg
    D5AC9AC0-F24C-4F4B-B463-1094A13405BB.jpeg
    58.4 KB · Views: 15
Nooo come on. Last week McLeland said to the judge, part of the rationale behind sealing the PCA was that there are others involved it could tip off. It clearly doesn’t do that….

Yes it revealed nothing of the sort and RA Lawyer even said the same thing when he was interviewed. There is nothing to suggest anybody else is involved in the sealed documents.

Well, thin evidence. I can only hope there is more evidence than this. I'm not defending RA at all but man, really???? I further do not get AT ALL the purpose of wanting this kept sealed. It says very little except for the unspent bullet.
There will be more to come. PCA are notorious for having just enough info to secure charges. Imo.

According to the RL PCA, the bodies were "moved and staged."
LE has confirmed they were found where they were killed; I do not believe that the "move" in the document meant they were relocated. But I could be wrong. I mean, I also would have thought that LE would have been able to find a killer who admitted shortly afterwards he was there that day and there was only 1 adult male on the trails at that time so... anything's possible at this point.

Hopefully they can track down that 2016 Ford Focus. I don’t imagine it would be difficult as long as it’s not been totaled out since then. There would certainly be a lot of evidence in that vehicle.
I believe they have it. Wasn’t that the vehicle that was towed when they served the search warrant?

Since his wife said he "still owns a blue carhart jacket", I'm hoping they can pull the girls' DNA from it, surely it was covered in blood, too.
I wonder if they asked her during her interview if he happened to do his own laundry that day, and was that usual, or unusual for him. My vote goes to it was a first for him.

There were others on the trails and bridge that day, yet I saw no mention of any of them saying they heard gunshots (or a car "backfiring" which can be mistaken for gunshots). You'd think someone would have said that and that it would have been included.
It was an unspent bullet, we don't know how they were killed. I do believe it was with a knife not the gun.

MOO

It was interesting to read in the PCA his device did not have an IMEI number:

Why do we care - from the article:
"

How IME works​

In most mobile communications devices, the IMEI appears on the display when the user enters the character sequence *#06# (star-pound-zero-six-pound) into the keypad. The IMEI code may also be printed inside the battery compartment. When a phone set is lost or stolen, the owner can call the CEIR (Central Equipment Identity Register) and blacklist the device according to its IMEI number. After that action, the set will, in most cases, become useless -- even if someone swaps out the unit's SIM card. However, although it is not an easy task, a skilled and determined cracker can sometimes change the IMEI number and use a stolen set to place calls.

Immediately after purchasing a mobile communications device, the owner should record the IMEI code in a secure place so that it can be quickly accessed in the event of loss or theft."

I wonder if he racked the slide to scare the girls and the bullet kicked out and he just couldn't find it. Maybe he just assumed investigators never found it either.

I don't know why he didn't just lie? Why not say, "I've walked down their for years, and done some plinking from time to time, probably just a spent bullet from when I was here before."
Because you're smarter than he is? I'm really surprised by all of his admissions.

Exactly. And witnesses saying he was walking with his hands in his pockets, avoiding talking to them, walking with purpose. He walked past other young girls, so it wasn’t an opportunity killing. He planned this, planned to target Abby and Libby specifically.. or actually just Libby given the crime scene
With his head down being said a few times.

LE has confirmed they were found where they were killed; I do not believe that the "move" in the document meant they were relocated. But I could be wrong. I mean, I also would have thought that LE would have been able to find a killer who admitted shortly afterwards he was there that day and there was only 1 adult male on the trails at that time so... anything's possible at this point.
I agree, I don't think they were moved other than within the small area where they were killed. Moved to stage, probably...jmo.

Could the bullet being at the scene, which appears to belong to his gun be why they think others may be involved? Is it possible that in fact, he discharged that unspent bullet somewhere entirely other than at the crime scene, and someone picked it up and eventually placed it at the scene? It seems a lot of trouble to go through to frame a man for a murder he had no part in, and I cannot fathom who or why someone would bother really?? But is that going to be what the defense now argues??

Agreed ….so RA’s stray bullet that was picked up from somewhere and planted at the crime scene to frame him and just happened to coordinate with his very own claim of being at the trails at the time of the murder, wearing the same type of clothing as the man in the photo? That’d be far too great a coincidence to be believable by any jury IMO.

But the bullet had been racked through the gun. Why would it be in his pocket? Spare bullets in his pocket, sure, but this bullet had been through the gun. weird IMO
Sorry to be so graphic but it's possible he used the unfired bullet as a prop for a photo, and in his haste to flee the scene, dropped it and never even thought about it until later. By then, there was no way he could go back and attempt to retrieve it.

It's enough for probable cause, and as i have said its enough for me to think he is guilty, but most of it is easy for a defense attorney to attack. The bullet is the only really compelling thing. Get this in front of a jury and IMO its 50/50. All these eyewitness account are iffy general descriptions and from 5-6 years ago at this point good defense attorney has a lot to attack.

I would say that
- His identity being corroborated by no less than 4 witnesses
- Said identifiers corresponding with the video evidence we have
- they said they saw someone that looked and dressed like BG. RA said has those clothes along with 90% of midwestern males his age. descriptions very. easy to attack. I mean its not like they saw him in a unique costume we are talking about jeans and a carhart. This is as common as it gets in rural america.

- The unspent round being found near them
- Said round belonging to his gun

(obviously best evidence)
he admitted he was there can say he must of dropped it somewhere one of the girls saw it on the ground and picked it it up while hiking so ended up near her body

- Him being seen with "muddy and bloody" clothing

They saw a "Man" similarly dressed (i really common clothes)

- Him admitting to being at the scene
- His vehicle being spotted around

he admitted being there it's a public place people go there. the car descriptions have a lot of variability in them easy to attack.

- The fact that "Guys, down the hill" was the ending of the video and we don't know anything that happened before that was captured, except for them spotting a gun.

nothing else is as likely to have happened as something.

- His initial statement saying that he didn't see anyone, changing to "3 females" this past October****

not sure why this is incriminating specifically.

Makes for a pretty solid case that can only be stronger with what we don't know.

Its good enough for me to think hes guilty for all twelve juror to vote to send him to ride the lightning I have my doubt.

Ironically, I never really have thought he was in cahoots with anyone else, UNTIL I just read that PCA.

Why that day?
Why that bridge?
Why ignore all the other girls?
Why park his car like that?
Why arrive just before they did?

I still don't know if I believe he acted alone or with someone else, but now I can see why it's been alluded to.

jmo
What the PCA does NOT show us:
Did he know TK or KAK? If so, how, when and what was their communication?

Is is possible that one of the KAK men knew the girls were supposed to be there (eg: KAK was supposed to meet LG that day but she didn't show up he said per the interview released by Murder Sheets). Could one of them have somehow had the gun / bullet that was found at the scene? This PCA is not the smoking gun I had hoped for to be honest. It asserts that someone who COULD have been RA, who MIGHT have been driving a car that he drove was parked at CPS and kidnapped / killed the girls. Someone who MIGHT have been RA was seen leaving the area bloody and muddy. Someone who MIGHT have been RA was seen at the bridge and glared at a witness who said hello???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missinginfo541