Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry if someone else already said this and I missed it), but I agree -- and I think it's the reason LE has been silent about the bullet all this time. I think they believed (correctly) that the killer either wasn't aware he had left it behind, or wasn't aware that ejection marks could be used to match it to his weapon. The only way to keep him from disposing of the gun was for LE to stay mum on the finding of the bullet, until they had a specific weapon with which to compare it.

I do think it's odd, though, that LE couldn't have identified him earlier, by looking for nearby registered gun owners (or ammo purchasers) whose weapons used that type of ammunition, and cross-referencing it with, oh, I don't know, the list of people who were known to be at the bridge that day!?

Doesn't the 2nd Amendment prohibit that kind of analysis in the US? I had thought the government cannot create such databases. According to wiki there is no permit requirement to purchase, or registration of guns.

But in any event - they could simply ask the people on the list for starters

Only 15% of households own individual stocks so it's definitely not as typical as checking email or social media. It just seems like a really weird thing to say you are doing walking on a bridge before you're about to kill some kids.

I didn't know that statistic about how few own individual stocks.

I do check my stocks on my phone at least twice a day, but not from a rickety bridge during the winter while also "watching fish," and I agree, @Alethea, it seems kind of bizarre.

That bridge has always seemed to me such a treacherous place to hang out, anyway, just seeing that structure on innumerable posts.

I've lived all my life in NYC, though, so I try to keep in mind that small-town life is vastly different. It still seems to me that there must be something safer to do in Delphi than walk over that scary bridge. And I mean prior to the tragedy that awaited Abby and Libby.

Jmo

I didn't know that statistic about how few own individual stocks.

I do check my stocks on my phone at least twice a day, but not from a rickety bridge during the winter while also "watching fish," and I agree, @Alethea, it seems kind of bizarre.

That bridge has always seemed to me such a treacherous place to hang out, anyway, just seeing that structure on innumerable posts.

I've lived all my life in NYC, though, so I try to keep in mind that small-town life is vastly different. It still seems to me that there must be something safer to do in Delphi than walk over that scary bridge. And I mean prior to the tragedy that awaited Abby and Libby.

Jmo
This is what I was getting at. If this crime occurred in the Financial District of NYC and the alleged criminal was seen walking down Broad Street and he said he was checking his stock app walking around, I wouldn't have noticed since it is part of a lot of people's jobs there so it's something normal and regular to do during the day.

On a beautiful sunny day in rural Indiana, I'd think he was enjoying the hike and maybe checking the weather, his email, the news. Just seems weird to check intra-day stock prices while you're on a walk through nature trails on a bridge instead of at your computer or at the month end or quarter end. It doesn't seem like a usual thing to do.

Did LE have enough evidence in 2017 for a search warrant of RA home and vehicle if they had:

* 2017 Sig Sauer ejected shell casing close to victims' bodies
* 2017 interview of RA stating he was on the bridge & clothing description of g,
* 2017 Witnesses on bridge described man wearing clothing like RA.
Would judge have approved search warrant in 2017?
they answer is unquestionable yes since the got one in 2022 with no additional information.

The problem is Libby’s sister was invited on the walk but she had to work so said no.

If Libby had secret plans to meet a boy she would not of take her older sister who no doubt would have been furious and told their parents straight away because of the dangers involved.

This is why I don’t believe there was some ulterior motive that afternoon to go and meet a strange boy. Moo
True, but I've wondered about that one for a while -- if L knew full well that KG had to work and asked her anyway...

I think it could have been much more casual on their end, a "We're gonna mess around on the MHB trails, see ya if we see ya..."

For RA, of course, it was anything but casual.

The timeline is just so tight, and he seems to have come prepared and with a clear object in mind. It just doesn't seem like a random, opportunistic attack to me.

This is what I was getting at. If this crime occurred in the Financial District of NYC and the alleged criminal was seen walking down Broad Street and he said he was checking his stock app walking around, I wouldn't have noticed since it is part of a lot of people's jobs there so it's something normal and regular to do during the day.

On a beautiful sunny day in rural Indiana, I'd think he was enjoying the hike and maybe checking the weather, his email, the news. Just seems weird to check intra-day stock prices while you're on a walk through nature trails on a bridge instead of at your computer or at the month end or quarter end. It doesn't seem like a usual thing to do.
Could just be his way of explaining why his phone was pinging at the bridge. Like "my phone may have pinged there but I was just checking my stocks!" I'm not sure why someone would say stocks specifically but I'm also not sure why someone would say they went to the bridge to watch fish either.

"Covered by mud and blood" and not a single trace of dna evidence? wtf were they doing all this time?
I had a friend who never even heard of this case read the PCA and they were impressed with it. They said it seemed the bullet is the smoking gun here. Witnesses can be argued and manipulated by a lawyer but a bullet won’t be so easy to get rid of when he said he was there but had not been on the property nor loaned out his gun to anyone.

You make a valid point but I wonder what date this “prior tip” was submitted by someone within DNR, if not from the actual conservation officer, to the Delphi taskforce.

View attachment 383886
JMO.

It’s most curiously undated (month/day)!

I wonder why.

RSBM
I wonder if it is not as insane as we think?

If you take the population of all vulnerable females being catfished or some variant, is there not a reasonable chance that one of those females somewhere in America would be murdered?

So it seems too coincidental in the context of this case, but in the total population of this crime, it is bound to happen sooner or later?
I’m on the fence because of this.

Libby was active on a number of social media platforms, and she may have naively and inadvertently presented herself online as being very interested in engaging. This is despite her being so bright and capable.

I know adult bright and intelligent women (and have read about men) being fooled by scam artists and worse via dating and other apps. It’s not a knock on Libby.

I wouldn’t be shocked if she were chatting with more than one cute boy (and more than one lewd and gross catfish).

Maybe she was somehow independently connected to both RA and KAK? Certainly there were any number of adult males in the local area exchanging CSAM and perhaps catfishing as well.

I hate that this is the reality we live in. I’m glad LE continues to investigate these linkages.

Speculation and I really do go back and forth on this with a knot in my stomach.

JMO.

I think people are misunderstanding the PCA in that RA didn't describe what he was wearing until he was interviewed again on Oct 13th, 2022: Second Paragraph on page 5 of 8 of the PCA:

He told investigators he was wearing blue jeans and a blue or black Carhart jacket with a hood. He advised he may have been wearing some type of head covering as well.

Remember it was an unusually warm day that Feb 13th. Why would he even be wearing a face or head covering? Because he was trying to conceal his identity. The same with walking with his head down as he passed the juvenile witnesses.

MOO
So why would a guy like RA - married, kid, decent enough job, house…. Suddenly (?) decide to murder two kids? In broad daylight no less, after having been seen by witnesses? What the heck happened in his life to make this his choice?

The lady who saw bloody muddy man leaving the scene - I would love to ask her if he made eye contact? Was he walking with purpose? Why did she think he had been in a fight?

Is there ANY chance RA was in a fight that day? Maybe a second person at the scene kicked his arse?

The problem is Libby’s sister was invited on the walk but she had to work so said no.

If Libby had secret plans to meet a boy she would not of taken her older sister who no doubt would have been furious and told their parents straight away because of the dangers involved.

This is why I don’t believe there was some ulterior motive that afternoon to go and meet a strange boy. Moo
We don’t know that. She was only 17, 3 years older than Libby. Imo, a high school girl would hardly be surprised that 8th graders talked to unknown boys online because unfortunately it’s not uncommon for girls to do.

Doesn't the 2nd Amendment prohibit that kind of analysis in the US? I had thought the government cannot create such databases. According to wiki there is no permit requirement to purchase, or registration of guns.

But in any event - they could simply ask the people on the list for starters
Sorry, I made an assumption I shouldn't have. I live in a state where registration is required for handguns. Indiana apparently does not have such laws.

We need a laundry expert. How long would blood stay on clothing, like how many washes? Would laundry additives deteriorate DNA? I’m honestly shocked that he kept the jacket. And possibly the jeans. If LE can find the girls DNA on his clothing or car, he is dunzo.

A witness isn’t needed to ID him. He already admitted he was there. The video looks like him. Voice sounds like him. The trial will be to prove he kidnapped / murdered the girls. One piece of evidence we know of is the bullet.

I do hope more crime scene biological evidence (DNA / fingerprints) will be brought to trial.
Absolutely a witness will be needed to identify him as bridge guy.

He has stated he was there. He never admitted to being bridge guy.

"Looks like" ... "sounds like"... etc... that is all reasonable doubt fuel. Imo

Moo but the bullet will be inadmissible, withdrawn, or torn to shreds by the defense. Ballistic forensics on a bullet that has gone through the barrel is hard enough to pass challenge, much less an unspent round that the evidence is admitted to being "subjective" in the pca. Ballistic forensics really is junk science for the most part.

I agree they need more to go on like biological evidence, especially since their circumstanstantial is murky at best.
The best thing they have going for them is that RA put himself in the area of the crime.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties