Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
100% agree. It doesn't appear that a single witness actually IDs RA. Instead, they describe BG. But we already know that BG was there because Libby captured him on her phone. And RA, who dressed like BG, placed himself on the bridge, even if he isn't BG. If these witnesses could not and did not ID RA, LE should proceed very carefully. This is where a witness can become a total disaster and sink a prosecution.

As an aside, it's the same for the vehicle. No witness IDed that vehicle as belonging to RA. Instead, LE decided that the smart car could have been RA's Ford Focus.
I used to own a Ford Focus, it did not even remotely look like a smart car. :)

RA was ABSOLUTELY STUPID to self-report himself at the trail and on a section of the bridge that day. No need whatsoever to do all the leg work for LE by coming forward to say that he was there.

He'd have better chances WAITING to see if he was approached by LE.. and then deny that he was there.

He would have known the footage is not clear enough for his to be positively identified.

I doubt that RA realized Libby had recorded ‘the man’ on the bridge ordering the girls DTH, nor had earlier sent the SnapChat of bridge photos, placing them on that bridge at a specific time. So his mistake was possibility not intending to incriminate himself by admitting to being on the bridge believing nobody else knew the connection.

If not for the video and SC, nobody but the murderer could’ve known the bridge had any involvement with the murders with any degree of certainty. Why Libby indeed was a hero IMO. It likely would’ve been presumed the girls’ initial encounter with the murderer occurred somewhere under the bridge near the creek.

So indeed RA could’ve been on the bridge and didn’t see them, no big deal IF it hadn’t become known the girls were also on the same bridge.

JMO

My bold.
Yes, it's silent and would probably be scary enuff to make the girls quiet -- if one screams, the other one would probably be stabbed, etc.
Many men routinely carry knives, and the perpetrator here would have been ready to defend himself or to attack if he had a knife.
Doesn't need to keep them quiet with a knife the PCA makes it clear he had a gun. But surely a knife was used in the murder. RL search warrant states due to the weapon used and the type of murder it would have been very bloody and the perp would have been very bloody. This leaves us with Knife or bludgeon and in RAs PCA they talk about taking his knives (nothing about bats clubs wrenches etc.) for me that's enough to deduce it was a knife.

I think that anyone blasting LE is totally wrong. A lot of posters are reacting like yeah he walked into the PD and told them what he was wearing and put himself at the scene at the time of the crime at...He matched all the descriptions blah blah blah

That isn't the case if you read the release. He was interviewed. Interviewed by an OFFICER. Not a detective. He doesn't say anything about what he was wearing until later on while being interviewed by a detective in 2022. Shortly after is when the search warrant was issued. I think a detective put everything together somehow and that's why the search warrant was requested and carried out.

You have to think what a great job LE during all of this. They never released if there was any signs of a SA and they never released how the victims were killed. Probably because of the spent cartridge.

I think they were just waiting for someone to know that they found the victims. But really they were waiting to see who would come back for that spent cartridge and who would come back for the clothes that also was never released to the public.
At this point, i'm leaning towards the detective assigned to this case messed up big time in not following up on an adult male who claimed to be on the trails that day. The PCA at one point states it was an "interview", but they also call it a "tip" twice. It seems to me that the officer that reported this did not formally interview RA and sent it in through channels that were similar to those that the public could provide tips. The fact that they call it a "tip narrative" bolsters this assertion. The fact that detectives or any other LE on this case did not follow-up on this "tip" is insane. From what they've released so far, if RA hadn't approached an officer to say he was there and the officer didn't tip it in, LE would have nothing to link RA to the scene and he may have never come on the radar.

Posting this with updated opinions as i feel it will help many members and visitors on this forum.

In my opinion RA is guilty of the murders and will be found guilty in a court of law.I believe he acted alone during the murders and was alone with the 2 victims at scene of the murders....that being said here are some thoughts

1) IMO RA went to LE first (Friendly conservation officer?) to let them know he was on the bridge but did not see the girls or anything suspicious.He did this because he knew the other 3 girls saw him leaving the area and would surely tell LE of his presence on the bridge that day. IMO the 3 girl witneses statement came AFTER RA made his "helpful info report" This is a KEY reason RA got away for so long.

His report went unnoticed for several different reasons. One being in the very early stages of the investigation the initial description of the suspect looked nothing like RA.Another is The " local friendly" LE he made his "helpfull tip" too never thought twice about it ,as his statement like several others on the bridge that day was originally OFFERED in good faith from concerned local citizens trying to help LE (RA went to them to help,they did not go looking for him). At the time his "tip" was given, LE probably had not gained access to the victims phones and that video yet.The "friendly" LE officer probably had no knowledge of the 40call bullit found as he was not "in the know" on that piece of information let aloine if RA owned a 40cal. By the time the video and alternate description came out,who knows how many tips and reports that same officer made.Would it have been nice if the officer made that connection back in 2017 ? yes ofcoarse...should we blame him for not making the connection? Absolutley not ..Add KK, into the mix and all the lies he brought to the investigation.the landowners lies,DN lies and the numerous SO in the area that were also suspects and you have a perfect storm for RA to miracuously fly under the radar...until...they revisit the ENTIRE CASE and EVERY REPORT made in the case in late 2022.

The report RA made was never looked at until recently by new investigators (Kathy Shank?) who found the old "tipster" report and then made the connection with bullit/gun ownership and/or the fact RA was on the bridge that day and mtched the description almost to a T ,as she possibly knew what RA looked like due to her being a customer of cvs or within an official capicity dealing with her child protective case and medications for minors ..or both. Other then the 1 report she was looking at ,there was no mention of RA anywhere in the entire investigation(AHA! MOMENT).IMO Once that connection was made everything else fell into place:the gun,dna,boot prints,blood...etc. They never looked at RA at all , let alone as a suspect until this newest connection was made. He got very lucky to get away with it for so long.I Would not put blame on LE but rather bad timing and back luck .

2) Docs state that Along with RA's 40cal sig they also took his clothes,jacket and BOOTS...I believe they matched boot prints from the scene to his boots .The dox state one eye witness stated RA looked bloody and MUDDY. Muddy means boot prints.

3) RA during his first "tipster statement" said he parked at the Farm Beauro building (actually the old cps building) I do not think this was a mistake on his part.This is a very small town ,everybody knows everybody and what buildings were what.he knew what the building was previously. IMO He did not want to utter the words "child protective services building" to LE ...either out of pure guilt or a connection to that building/agency he did not want to reveal or both.. This is possibly how Kathy Shank comes into the picture ?

3) LE states BOTH victims clothes were found a distance away from their bodies by a a water source. This would lead me to believe he had some sort of sexual contact with the victims and may have left DNA that has now been matched to him.
AS i stated in my earlier post I believe they have RA dead to rights guilty. They used the 40cal and eye witness statements that align with the time frames victim were at the bridge for probable cause to charge him. When it comes closer to trial I feel more substantial evidence against him will come out. IE boot prints,his dna on victims, victims dna on his clothes.

5) IMO RA returned to the bridge with his own daughter in early 2018 but after feb 14th and took the pic to set up an "im a good daddy " alibi if he was to need one in the future : "Well I go to that bridge all the time...I even go with my own daughter! Why do you think I tried to help yall in 2017" I noticed in the pic RAs wife posted to Facebook in 2018 that the leaves on the trees are missing , leading me to believe the photo was taken early 2018 So I did a search for news articles about Delphi murders from jan2018-april2018 and located and interesting video of a press conference at the bridge on the 1 year anniversary of the victims murders. Not only does the State Police exclude DN as a suspect he goes on to say the following:
SP Superintendent Carter said. “I came to plead and implore you to keep this out front and center.”
Carter went on to address why the Delphi case is so personal to him.

“It’s personal to me because those two young girls were everybody’s DAUGHTERS,” Carter said. “In this beautiful place that represents the very best of humanity, and look what happened.”

I believe RA saw this news conference, realized the heat was back on and took his daughter to the bridge to again make himself seem like a good local family man that visited the area often ,even with his own Daughter and back up his previous "tipster info he made to LE in 2017
Link to news conference :kktv.com/content/news/Nations-no-longer-a-major-concern-in-Delphi-murders-474116613.html

6)These dox do not contain ALL of the evidence against RA !!!!! They contain ENOUGH evidence to charge him !!!
Imo there is ALOT more evidence that has not been released yet. I.E. boot prints,his DNA on them, possibly their DNA on his belongings...and possible "trophy" he kepy

This Case is not hinged on 1 single unspent 40cal bullit and a descripton of a man in jeans and a hooded jacket

7)These decades long career LEO's and Sheriffs did not get on National live TV Press conference in tears to announce an arrest unless they had a MOUNTAIN of EVIDENCE against RA !!!

THEY GOT HIM !

P.S. This is post #777 in this enitre thread so you kind of have to listen a lil bit lol ;)
Everything ýou have said, I couldn't agree more. I believe RA is the murderer and that he acted alone. You've put into words my thoughts and explained really well.

I want to blame it more on the Conservation Officer and/or not getting it into the tip system they were coming in so fast.

But maybe that is wishful thinking. Police know the first thing to do it to look at witnesses and any other people who were there that day. Police 101. The only explanation I can see if the investigative team DID NOT INITIALLY SEE THE REPORT.

I have no idea what went wrong but clearly a massive break down in communication.

I mean even when you read it and it says

* Potential follow up information: Who were the three girls walking in the area of Freedom Bridge*

That’s what the guy took from RA’s statement not the man who is placing himself at a scene.

Also did he get a bang on the head as why didn’t he follow it up as he couldn’t have forgotten the man coming into see him and as more of the story unfolded why didn’t her check it had been followed up?!

Moooooo

This is probably not pertinent to the case, but I noted that RA's vehicle was seen driving west on 300 rd past Hoosier Harvestore at 1:27. From his house, there are quicker ways to get to the trails, but in order to drive west on 300 rd, he must have driven back roads to the east of his house, maybe W 200 N to N 450 W, then to 300? Of course, we don't know if he left from his house or where he came from...

I can't believe we got lectured about The Shack with FBI billboards across the country and no one thought to ask all of the middle aged men on the bridge at 2:15pm if they had guns at home to potentially match to the bullet at the scene?
it's literally mind blowing ... from reading the PCA there was likely less than 100 people the day make a list and check if any of the men out there had a registered 40 cal guess waht ONE OF THEM DID. Maybe you can't look up gun registeres idk so you just go ask them if the have a 40 cal pistol its less than 50 people to ask like what in the world was going on in the investigation.

I am no investor so I am not one to talk but living in a $100k house and day-trading stocks doesn't make sense either. I think we may find he lives in his own little world.
That would have raised my eyebrows if I were interviewing him, for sure! Looking up stocks, I had to reread that in the PCA.

Not exactly surprised a couple young girls don't know or remember the exact make and model of a car they randomly walked passed without giving much thought to. The focus is one of the most generic looking cars around.
I'm not surprised either. I'm not a young gal but I couldn't identify most cars out there unless they were a VW bug, 1957 T-bird, or a 1970s Citroën. Other than that "it's a car" and the color is <insert color>. Heck, I've tried to get into the wrong blue car in parking lots if they parked in the general vicinity of where I parked. LOL :p Yeah, I'm that bad at identifying cars so not surprised at all that young girls can't name them either. :)

it's literally mind blowing ... from reading the PCA there was likely less than 100 people the day make a list and check if any of the men out there had a registered 40 cal guess waht ONE OF THEM DID. Maybe you can't look up gun registeres idk so you just go ask them if the have a 40 cal pistol its less than 50 people to ask like what in the world was going on in the investigation.
I know!

Some sealed documents unsealed today revealing how clues led to suspect.

"A witness told investigators she had seen a man heading away from that bridge later “wearing a blue colored jacket and blue jeans and was muddy and bloody,” and appeared to have gotten in a fight, the affidavit says. The man was traveling on a road adjacent to the crime scene, and investigators were able to determine that took place shortly before 4 p.m."
If there's something new today I've missed it. To the best of my knowledge unsealed docs were done on Tuesday (when this thread then exploded). Can you elaborate on what the new info is? I admittedly only scanned the article but did see the statement below and nothing that appeared new and outside of what we've all poured over since the unsealing on Tuesday.

The affidavit, unsealed by a judge on Tuesday, helps shed light on how investigators narrowed in on Allen and arrested him more than five years since the February 2017 slayings

Your article for reference: A newly unsealed affidavit details the clues that led investigators to the suspect in Delphi teen girl killings | CNN

I, too, had wondered where RA was located when the arrest happened. From the link:

"DELPHI, Ind. — When troopers at the Indiana State Police post in Lafayette slapped handcuffs on Richard Allen and told him he was under arrest for the killings of two girls abducted from the Monon High Bridge east of Delphi in February of 2017, the clock started ticking on the Carroll County man’s constitutional rights of presumed innocence."

Does this indicate that RA was at the ISP post in Lafayette when he was arrested? Maybe they called him in to question him and proceeded to place BG under arrest, finally.

"Prosecutor Nicholas McLeland has indicated that investigators will continue to develop their case against Allen and potentially follow leads to other suspects while the details of the PC remained sealed."

Why would the Prosecutor announce there may be other potential suspects?
Good catch on the setting being the "post".
For your end question, maybe this is just their way of saying that they aren't going to repeat the Logan episode and would continue looking until conviction?
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member