Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well there we have it. A whole lot of what we have seen over the past several years strongly hinted at incompetence from law enforcement, but reading this document there is very little doubt now.

And yes, the only logical reason I can see for sealing the document was self preservation and the opportunity to have their triumphant press conference without having to face the blindingly obvious question of how it took them so long to reach this point. Amateur hour.

Would love to know what he victims' families are thinking of their law enforcement right now.

Things the document reveals or confirms:

1) The PCA makes no reference at all to the Klines or catfishing.

2) The garments found in Deer Creek by the crime scene search were from one or both of the girls.

3) If there was ever a gun in the Wabash River, it isn't RA's Sig Sauer. There's nothing we know so far that calls for a second gun. (There may still be a need for a big knife.)

4) RA's vehicle was almost certainly parked at the former CPS building.

5) A man resembling RA was seen walking toward the MHB shortly before the murderer met the girls. (2:13)

6) One of the victims is heard on audio mentioning seeing a gun.

7) A man resembling RA was seen walking along a road between the Monon High Bridge and the place RA's car was parked. That man looked like he had been in a fight and had muddy, bloody clothing. This around 4PM on the day of the murders.

8) RA's Sig Sauer produced the same extraction marks on a test round as the marks on an unfired round at the crime scene. RA says he never knew RL or visited his property, nor did he ever lend out that firearm. (I'd hate to have to explain that innocently.)

There could be more, but that's what jumps out at me for now.

Another - ”Guys, down the hill” is referenced as a singular phrase.

It’s called the fog of war (an enormous case). Things that look so easy to you from the comfort of your couch are not so simple with twenty phones ringing, not enough help to handle the cascade of leads, and meetings every two hours.

Sorry he admitted to be there and resembled the person they had put out sketches of.

It’s just being bad at their job that this wasn’t solved a lot sooner. It was literally in their faces from the get go.

Those were opinions of the investigator not anything he admitted to. That's a huge difference.

Every middle age man in the Midwest owns a blue jacket and blue jeans. Cmon.

It wasn't the opinion of the investigator - the PCA says he told investigators was wearing blue jeans and a blue or black Carharrt jacket with hood. That is a direct admission he was dressed exactly the same as Bridge Guy

Seems a pretty damaging admission to me

Please tell us how you feel about the strength of this PCA!

Today everyone in the world learned RA's bullet was located on the ground between Abby and Libby.

Got him! BG finally has a name. Libby's video is crucial as it aligns with witness statements.

Several things shocked such as Allen leaving his bullet on the ground between the two girls. Wth? That puts him away for life when coupled with his own admission of being present on the Bridge at the same time as the murders. A witness saw him walking covered with mud and blood.

My thoughts toss to the precious victims' families for they are learning this guy was loose for over 5 years for no good dam reason. Blessings abound to them now that BG is locked up. Let pain rain down upon him.

Overlooking the expansive evidence of RA being present on the Bridge was a major faux pas. Heads should hang down in shame. There was enough within the first weeks to arrest RA. He may have expected to be arrested and felt thrilled he tricked LE.
AMOO MHOO
Hashtag: SuppressingMildAnger

Couple things stick out to me regarding the bullet….I come from a military family so was taught guns…. One thing after shooting is you always “clear the chamber” aka get any live rounds out of the chamber. Which would leave the extraction marks. Now the extraction marks he may not have know existed, he may of cleared the chamber and couldn’t find the bullet and never thought it could be traced to him, because it’s a “generic 40 cal round that didn’t have grooves to trace to his gun like a fired round”…but the thing that sticks to me, is if you just want to “scare the girls” with the gun, why have a bullet in the chamber? Did he go with all intents of possibly using it? He could have easily went with an empty gun and get the same scare effect on two teenage girls. Makes me wonder if something went wrong with his plan. I don’t think he would have had loose rounds in his pockets that fell out, not when he could have had plenty of rounds in the gun, so I do believe it came from the gun itself from him clearing it.

I asked this in the last thread but never got an answer so reposting here as I'd really like one if one of you have the answer. :)

I was wondering how they come up with numbering victims. Maybe the one closest to where they are is #1? Can anyone explain this, please? TIA!!

It’s called the fog of war (an enormous case). Things that look so easy to you from the comfort of your couch are not so simple with twenty phones ringing, not enough help to handle the cascade of leads, and meetings every two hours.
I agree, mistakes happen. I work in healthcare and mistakes happen especially when stressors are high. However, these are professionals and this mistake was correctable because they've had the information for almost 6 years.

Please tell us how you feel about the strength of this PCA!
Really solid PCA.

It's obviously not everything they have against him, but even then, I'd like to see him get out of "I never lend out my gun but the fact a bullet came from it and was at the scene doesn't mean I killed them. Oh, and witnesses say they saw me too? Oh, my car was there? You can place me there from 1.30 to 3.30 pm? I'm innocent y'all"

JMO.

so they knew about him and looked into him they didn't just loose him in the file THEY went to him and then .... idk i guess just stopped?.

Does anyone have a source for that information Rafael Sanchez?
Rafael Sánchez
@RafaelOnTV
Anchor & Reporter
@WRTV
, Multiple Emmy Winner, Community Involved & Invested
@FranklinCollege
Alum, Bilingual,
@SagAftra
& PA Voice
@INDAirport
&
@IndyStateFair
Indianapolis, INwrtv.comJoined April 2011

He does a short video early after the release, I don't know how to retweet a tweet. Sorry

Wondering about the timeframe here: RA admits to being there from 1:30 to 3:30 <although nobody else saw him after 2:13>

We know A & L were dropped of around 1:45. the video shows RA on the bridge behind them at 2:13, then "Guys, down the hill".

So did he spend approx an hour and a half at the scene? From the PCA:

“Investigators spoke with ___, who stated that she was traveling East on 300 North on February 13th, 2017 and observed a male subject walking West, on the North side of 300 North, away from the Manon High Bridge. _____ advised that the male subject was wearing a blue colored jacket and bluejeans and was muddy and bloody. She further stated, that it appeared he had gotten into a fight. Investigators were able to determine from watching the video from the Hoosier Harvestore that unnamed female witness was traveling on CR 300 North at approximately 3:57pm.”

So now we know how he walked out, but what in the world happened during all that time? I really don't want to know the answer. :(

MOO
Would love to know what he did with the muddy/bloody clothes. He was dumb enough to keep the weapon, I bet the clothes were just washed and put away in the closet.

I agree, very incriminating. Why on earth didn't his wife/family recognize him? This remains a mystery to me.
Now that we know what we know, I have to wonder if his wife did and asked him “is that you in the video?” he could have said “yes, I told the police I was there on the bridge that day”. Why would she question it? He did tell the police he was there that day wearing that outfit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m00n_g0ddess