Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This case proves my theory that most of the time with these big mystery cases, it's just that the perp got lucky, not because of any sprawling conspiracy.

He wandered past 5 witnesses on his way to do a bad double murder where the victims filmed him. He then went and confessed to being at the crime scene. This is the dumbest killer ever.

But then they lost his confession for 5 years

SMH
This is it exactly.

What to me is absolutely striking is that RA somehow remembered what he was wearing on a day 5 years prior. Who can do that on just a normal day?? I think to myself, there are a few events in my life that I'll absolutely never forget. I know where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. The OJ chase, Columbine, 911, the "national" blackout," (I was a HS senior when 911 happened).

But for the life of me, I don't have a clue what I was wearing, let alone what color pants, jacket, and if I possibly had some sort of head covering. I just can't understand how he was able to answer that question, why in the world he would answer it, and even more troubling how the defense team is going to make his response so absolutely unreasonable because of this.
I imagine Richard Allen still remembers what he was wearing that day because of the pictures/video of “Bridge Guy”, which, if that is him in the video, show what he was wearing that day, and if it’s not him, will have often reminded him of that unfortunate coincidence a few years ago when he ended up going for a short hike to watch fish, dressed in the same outfit as a (very) nearby murderer.

Last edited:
MOO
A scenario:
Just one girl was his target.
He quickly killed the other IN the creek (stabbed/slit throat) to send a message to the target to comply (there was not signs of a fight) - basically bloodless scene.
He did what he wanted to his compliant target, strangling her before leaving.
All JMO
I doubt he strangled either. There would have been signs of a fight or a struggle and we know from the RL warrant that there were none. When something or someone strangled you, you’ll claw at it or fight against restraints. There is small evidence of it as well that would have made it obvious to investigators (forensic). It wouldn’t make sense for them to say no sign of a fight if either had been strangled. Link below discussed strangulation as a cause of death:

I've been a long time defender of LE in this case, I've always given them the benefit of the doubt and have also echoed those sentiments, that they know much more than we do. However, I do not believe there's any scenario where they left out 5 years of RA being on their suspect list in the PCA. RA came up in 2017 and nothing was followed up on. Then in 2022, they found that 2017 tip (noted clearly in the PCA) and that led them to finally look into him as a suspect - "Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard M. Allen in 2017." As others have stated, based on the PCA they submitted, they could have submitted it in 2017 and they would have been well within their rights to; they didn't because they didn't know he was there that day.
RA could have also been known to LE , maybe even friends with some LE and looked over as a possible suspect several times , after all he came forward and was helpful with info. IMO in a small town this could happen easily. Locals blend in opposed to a stranger in a small community.

I doubt he strangled either. There would have been signs of a fight or a struggle and we know from the RL warrant that there were none. When something or someone strangled you, you’ll claw at it or fight against restraints. There is small evidence of it as well that would have made it obvious to investigators (forensic). It wouldn’t make sense for them to say no sign of a fight if either had been strangled. Link below discussed strangulation as a cause of death:
There wouldn't be his skin under the fingernails because he's wearing a jacket and sweatshirt.
MOO

I’ve loosely been following this case for a few years. Now that there has been an arrest, I’ve been following more closely. That said, I agree with your comment about psychological issues. I can see it in his eyes both in the picture with his wife and the picture taken when he was arrested. He’s not a stable man and probably hasn’t been for years. He has his demons. After watch Gray Hughes video, I’m now wondering if he was having crises and actually planned on killing himself to hide from his demons. Backing the car up so no one would find him quickly, hiding his face so no one would recognize him and stop to talk to him, walking intently are possible. What struck me was he passed the girls and then turned around and followed them. Did he decide not to commit suicide and in turn decided the girls would help him with his demons? I’m sure this was not the first time he has thought of harming himself or others, particularly young women/girls that he could control. Still, I just wonder if his original intent was suicide. This is all just MOO!!! No basis for this. However, I hope they keep an eye on him as A&L and their families need and deserve the truth and justice. This man needs to stay alive to for that.
What comes to the pictures and behavior post arrest, I would not pay much attention to those. Everyone reacts differently. I have been arrested once and that ****** up my head bad. I saw the picture they took and I honestly looked like crazy.

Where are you seeing this?
I have no link , it is a recollection from info from the past. Reason I was asking for help to confirm if this was valid or a recollection of a speculation. Perhaps I should remove it until I have it confirmed or can find the info to link.

I just don’t see how anybody can say it doesn’t look like him. Same build, face shape matches, the bunched up trousers over short legs.. even looks like similar facial hair growth

To me it’s a certain match with all other info

The reason I still do not think the man on Liberty German's phone video is Richard Allen is because of the hat. I think the person in that video is wearing a floppy ear Swiss army type hat with the brim turned up. This is what I see.

I cannot deny evidence though, and the body frame does look like Richard Allen. But I have not seen any photographs of Richard Allen wearing a floppy ear Swiss army hat with the brim turned up. That is the only thing missing from the still video picture. It is interesting how each of our minds interprets things differently.

There wouldn't be his skin under the fingernails because he's wearing a jacket and sweatshirt.
MOO
Potentially his face or hands could have been scratched by either victim, but none has been reported that I recall.

What to me is absolutely striking is that RA somehow remembered what he was wearing on a day 5 years prior. Who can do that on just a normal day?? I think to myself, there are a few events in my life that I'll absolutely never forget. I know where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. The OJ chase, Columbine, 911, the "national" blackout," (I was a HS senior when 911 happened).

But for the life of me, I don't have a clue what I was wearing, let alone what color pants, jacket, and if I possibly had some sort of head covering. I just can't understand how he was able to answer that question, why in the world he would answer it, and even more troubling how the defense team is going to make his response so absolutely unreasonable because of this.
Some people can. Take me for example. I wear jeans every day. So I was wearing jeans 5+ years ago. Heck, even 10+ yrs ago. It was Feb and chilly. I normally wear a certain kind of jacket that time of year. I have a favorite jacket (I'm not a fashionista and switching them out all the time). I was more than likely wearing my "go to" jacket 5 yrs ago. As for head covering? I never wear them so none 5 yrs ago. However, my ears are sensitive in cold weather so I'd be able to say I more than likely had my blue ear muffs on. It's very doable in my mind.

Now, if you're going to ask what I had for dinner3 days ago... I might not be able to answer. lol :p

The most logical explanation to the unspent shell from RA's Sig Sauer being next to A&L seems to be he had it somewhere on his person and it fell out and he didn't notice or recognize it.

The fact that the PCA states he was basically walking in broad daylight on public roads visible to anyone after committing two brutal murders tells me he probably wouldn't have noticed if a round fell out of his pocket while in the process of murdering them or may have noticed but didn't care or think anything of it.

The reason I still do not think the man on Liberty German's phone video is Richard Allen is because of the hat. I think the person in that video is wearing a floppy ear Swiss army type hat with the brim turned up. This is what I see.

I cannot deny evidence though, and the body frame does look like Richard Allen. But I have not seen any photographs of Richard Allen wearing a floppy ear Swiss army hat with the brim turned up. That is the only thing missing from the still video picture. It is interesting how each of our minds interprets things differently.
I always had a specific hat in mind, today I was looking at BG pic for the carhartt logo and realized it really is just his hood from his hoodie up, I think the sketch of the old guy just made me picture that kind of hat.

MOO
Face, wrists, hands.

With that said... LE stated there was no signs of a struggle or a fight so no DNA would be under the fingernails so doesn't matter what he was wearing. All MOO

Nowhere did I state they had a weak case. Simply that I do not believe they had RA on their radar until they found that tip, a tip that sat unchecked for almost 6 years. I'm sure they had a great timeline and a great lineup of witnesses, it just didn't include RA.
I Agree 1000%
I have followed since day one, I have been to Delphi, met family at fundraisers, went to the trails, the bridge, etc

RA slipped through the cracks, so to speak.

I have followed all the timelines, all the witness' reports, most of the groups and have multiple POIs over the years.

RA was not on their radar at the beginning and not until the new investigation was underway that someone focused on him.
JMO

I know his attorney has to say things like he said in the post-hearing interview - aka the PCA was 'weak' - but reading through it the second time it seems pretty strong to me.

You have at least five eyewitnesses who put him in the vicinity of the MHB at the exact time of the murders including RA himself and have an unspent round that is matched ballistically to a gun he owns and confirmed he never lent out to anyone else. There are also no other males anywhere close to the description of BG anywhere near the MHB after 2:14 PM.

Who else on earth could the killer possibly be?

Does anyone else wonder what story he told his wife? 1) Did he tell her he was there & that he talked to the police, but didn't really have any information about the girls? In other words, boy was he lucky to be safe?!? 2) Did he tell his wife that although he didn't see the girls, he had told the police everything he saw & they asked him not to talk about it? He's a hero for not jeopardizing the investigation? 3) Did he never admit to her that he was there that day? Just puttering around the house?!?
I’d like to know something different actually. I’d like to know and I hope we find out at trial - what was his demeanour like during the interview and subsequent search warrant? Did he leave the interview thinking he had them fooled? Or was he freaking out? During the search warrant, what did he imagine they were looking for? Did he somehow think the search would clear his name in all of this?

He had to have reacted to the search warrant in some way? Wouldn’t it be interesting to know how?

Then the witness who said she came up to his shoulder, I wonder how tall she is / was at the time? I wonder if they know what shoes he was wearing (or boots) and what the thickness of the soles was that maybe gave him added height? Moooooooooo
Yes, she may have been short or estimated wrongly. And shoes or boots could add a couple of inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8