Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is all wondering and speculation. I wonder if they were killed in the creek and dragged to where they were found? That would explain the clothes in the creek and him being a muddy/bloodied mess. JMO
Could be. But when I heard that there was a lot of blood loss... I took that to mean they saw a lot of it on the ground. I'd think the only way they'd know there was a lot of blood loss when they first found the girls, if it was done in the water (since it would wash it away from the victims), would be to determine that during an autopsy.

Not that I know anything about what a body looks like that's missing a lot of blood (and not visible on the ground) or autopsy's...

Latest episode of the Murder Sheets pod (ep. 150) is reporting that one of the reasons why RA was looked over back in 2017 was:
"We don't have all the answers, but we can provide some information"
"The details we have confirmed sketch out a scenario where it boils down to a clerical error at the hands of a civilian employee of the FBI"
"Basically, it was misfiled"

About the 5 minute mark

edit: link to pod

Pyramid, that’s the name. Reason sounds plausible to me. Any data system is only as reliable as the accuracy of the data being entered.

“Every tip received about Libby and Abby’s murders gets entered into the FBI system called “Pyramid.” That system stores information like names, descriptions and motives so it can be cross-referenced with other tips.

“If they’re calling in something that we already know about, it’s pretty easy for us to compare notes,” Holeman said. “And we don’t delete those – we keep them on file.”

I can't get onboard with assumptions that LE has 'botched' the case, etc. Especially considering they have WAY more information and evidence than we do (for example, the bullet revealed in RA's PCA). I don't think it's much of a stretch to believe that the VERY minimum amount of info/evidence was included in the PCA. Just enough to get the judge to approve it. They are, rightfully, keeping as much to the vest as possible (until trial).

...and the Gray Hughes video of the timeline -- wow. Spine-chilling. Our poor, innocent, beautiful girls alone with him for so long. :(
I've been a long time defender of LE in this case, I've always given them the benefit of the doubt and have also echoed those sentiments, that they know much more than we do. However, I do not believe there's any scenario where they left out 5 years of RA being on their suspect list in the PCA. RA came up in 2017 and nothing was followed up on. Then in 2022, they found that 2017 tip (noted clearly in the PCA) and that led them to finally look into him as a suspect - "Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard M. Allen in 2017." As others have stated, based on the PCA they submitted, they could have submitted it in 2017 and they would have been well within their rights to; they didn't because they didn't know he was there that day.

I've been a long time defender of LE in this case, I've always given them the benefit of the doubt and have also echoed those sentiments, that they know much more than we do. However, I do not believe there's any scenario where they left out 5 years of RA being on their suspect list in the PCA. RA came up in 2017 and nothing was followed up on. Then in 2022, they found that 2017 tip (noted clearly in the PCA) and that led them to finally look into him as a suspect - "Investigators reviewing prior tips encountered a tip narrative from an officer who interviewed Richard M. Allen in 2017." As others have stated, based on the PCA they submitted, they could have submitted it in 2017 and they would have been well within their rights to; they didn't because they didn't know he was there that day.
Do we know what name he gave the Conservation Officer? Maybe it was an alias (his DOC records show the use of an alias)

MOO

Absolutely nothing like a SMART car IMO. A teenage girl might be more au fair with a trendy newish car like a Smart. It might stand out to her more than a middle aged person

This looks nothing like the tiny little Smart car, which that witness was quite specific about.
Didn’t the witness say it was a purple PT cruiser?

A little late coming into this and had no time yet to go through everything here since the affidavit was released, but wow. Just wow. I even had some doubts if RA was really the culprit, but they are all gone now. How did they not see this in all these year? Misfiled or what not, I would assume them taking a second look into every **** evidence filed since the day one at least several times in 5+ years.

Oh well.

About RA, his behavior post murders seems really odd to me. Confess being there is easily explained since he know he was seen. Walking bloody in broad daylight, not getting rid of those clothes, not getting rid of the gun, confessing he indeed was wearing those very clothes.. eh? Also it seemingly being his first crime kinda out of nowhere I'm starting to wonder if he was either drunk or having some psychological issue going on. Or he's just plain stupid. Sure he likely had the gun (and perhaps a knife) with him which could show some premeditation, but if he was an outdoors person, carrying a knife would not be such a big deal. Carrying a gun is harder to explain, but in my imagination an outdoorsy man in rural US could be doing that, maybe? Not really.

• At mycase.in.gov
  • Allen, Richard M —Date of birth 09/09/1972
  • Click search
  • He has 3 results—all infractions.
  • Click on first link.
  • Under his name it lists his address in Delphi, Indiana
  • It also says he is 5 foot 4, 180 pounds.
Then the witness who said she came up to his shoulder, I wonder how tall she is / was at the time? I wonder if they know what shoes he was wearing (or boots) and what the thickness of the soles was that maybe gave him added height? Moooooooooo

The first thing WS does is make a time line ,when we members follow a case. Gray did an amazing time line today. It seems unbelievable to me that a time line and map wasnt like started on day one based on the witness statements as they came in on real time as reported . I do think they have this case secured more than they want us to think. IMO.

A little late coming into this and had no time yet to go through everything here since the affidavit was released, but wow. Just wow. I even had some doubts if RA was really the culprit, but they are all gone now. How did they not see this in all these year? Misfiled or what not, I would assume them taking a second look into every **** evidence filed since the day one at least several times in 5+ years.

Oh well.

About RA, his behavior post murders seems really odd to me. Confess being there is easily explained since he know he was seen. Walking bloody in broad daylight, not getting rid of those clothes, not getting rid of the gun, confessing he indeed was wearing those very clothes.. eh? Also it seemingly being his first crime kinda out of nowhere I'm starting to wonder if he was either drunk or having some psychological issue going on. Or he's just plain stupid. Sure he likely had the gun (and perhaps a knife) with him which could show some premeditation, but if he was an outdoors person, carrying a knife would not be such a big deal. Carrying a gun is harder to explain, but in my imagination an outdoorsy man in rural US could be doing that, maybe? Not really.
There are people in rural America that put their sidearm on with the same frequency as they pocket their wallet.

In my experience. MOO

What to me is absolutely striking is that RA somehow remembered what he was wearing on a day 5 years prior. Who can do that on just a normal day?? I think to myself, there are a few events in my life that I'll absolutely never forget. I know where I was, who I was with, and what I was doing. The OJ chase, Columbine, 911, the "national" blackout," (I was a HS senior when 911 happened).

But for the life of me, I don't have a clue what I was wearing, let alone what color pants, jacket, and if I possibly had some sort of head covering. I just can't understand how he was able to answer that question, why in the world he would answer it, and even more troubling how the defense team is going to make his response so absolutely unreasonable because of this.

Deleted because of no valid info, I will keep looking.

Last edited:
Then the witness who said she came up to his shoulder, I wonder how tall she is / was at the time? I wonder if they know what shoes he was wearing (or boots) and what the thickness of the soles was that maybe gave him added height? Moooooooooo
MOO, you don't get lifts with your prison issued shoes/slides. (though I'm sure with some imagination he can craft some.

IMO

It is either a habit or the attempt to conceal a plate if plate only back. The parking lot was empty.
Maybe he parked where he could watch the traffic. Did he know the girls were potentially meeting someone from the AS site and was watching for a vehicle they might be traveling in? Could he see the drop off point from his parked vehicle?

Oh well.

I’ve loosely been following this case for a few years. Now that there has been an arrest, I’ve been following more closely. That said, I agree with your comment about psychological issues. I can see it in his eyes both in the picture with his wife and the picture taken when he was arrested. He’s not a stable man and probably hasn’t been for years. He has his demons. After watch Gray Hughes video, I’m now wondering if he was having crises and actually planned on killing himself to hide from his demons. Backing the car up so no one would find him quickly, hiding his face so no one would recognize him and stop to talk to him, walking intently are possible. What struck me was he passed the girls and then turned around and followed them. Did he decide not to commit suicide and in turn decided the girls would help him with his demons? I’m sure this was not the first time he has thought of harming himself or others, particularly young women/girls that he could control. Still, I just wonder if his original intent was suicide. This is all just MOO!!! No basis for this. However, I hope they keep an eye on him as A&L and their families need and deserve the truth and justice. This man needs to stay alive to for that.

Do we know what name he gave the Conservation Officer? Maybe it was an alias (his DOC records show the use of an alias)

MOO
We do not know any details. From what has been released, there's nothing to imply that he was gave a false name. That alias that was noted in the DOC records was a clerical error/the wrong RA.

The first thing WS does is make a time line ,when we members follow a case. Gray did an amazing time line today. It seems unbelievable to me that a time line and map wasnt like started on day one based on the witness statements as they came in on real time as reported . I do think they have this case secured more than they want us to think. IMO.
Nowhere did I state they had a weak case. Simply that I do not believe they had RA on their radar until they found that tip, a tip that sat unchecked for almost 6 years. I'm sure they had a great timeline and a great lineup of witnesses, it just didn't include RA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scomo