Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #158

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years ago DC said, the public would wonder and be very surprised about the immense stuff, police had collected and investigated (other wording). I don't notice it yet.
Recently DC said this document would answer many of our questions. Actually though, they've created more questions than they have answered really.

Interesting that the information was released. As it should have been, there doesn't seem to be anything unusual in this document that merited the drama of the secrecy.

So, if RA hadn't been such an idiot and tossed the gun, jacket, he would be off the hook?
It seems that way. Though its not like he fired the gun. And held onto it. Not using it he must have made a simple mistake. And lost a bullet.

Can you read the 8 page doc posted dozens of times (only 7 pages are visible out of the 8 page doc). Because if so, I'll SS the important info you can't read in the 12 pg doc I posted for you.
Yeah I’ve read the 7 pages, if you could please SS for me I’d really appreciate it! Thank you!

Last edited:
It seems that way. Though its not like he fired the gun. And held onto it. Not using it he must have made a simple mistake. And lost a bullet.

I was hoping for DNA. Something airtight and solid. Maybe they have samples now. Well, it makes sense, but seems to be impossibly stupid that they had RA with the same information years ago!

I'm interested in the knife, boots, and driver seat being ripped apart for blood traces. He didn't get rid of anything, so how likely is it he's cleaned all traces. Even with all this time. MOO
I'll be shocked if they find zero evidence in his vehicle.

If he's "our guy", he had to be covered in... evidence :( that transfered to the exterior door handle, interior door handle, steering wheel, gear shift, seatbelt & buckle, window control, rearview mirror, seat & car floor. And probably 10 other places I didn't even think of, that he would have come into contact with the outside and the inside of the car.

I agree it's not at all likely he's cleaned all traces.

Later in his statement, he said he walked out to the First platform on the bridge.

She advised he was standing on the first platform
On Monon High Bridge, approximately 50 feet from her

This backs up what I have always maintained. He knew he has been seen by witnesses so he had to come forward to look innocent. He also knew clearly that he had only been seen on the first platform and so he claims he only went on there and turned around and sat on a bench as nobody around to prove otherwise. He was very self aware clearly.

moo

By the way, if anyone wonders the location of Hoosier Harvestore, 6563 W 300 N, Delphi, mentioned in the Affidavit of Probable Cause, whose security camera captured various vehicles of the accused and of witnesses, on the day of the murders, below is a diagram showing the location from Google Maps, in relation to the crime scene, the Monan High Bridge, and the Delphi Cemetery,

View attachment 383624
Thank you for this map. Yes, I was wondering where the video camera was located.

How does a cycled round get there? Best bet is he jacked the slide as a threat gesture to control someone being difficult, lost sight of the ejected bullet in the heat of what was going on, and then either forgot about it or couldn't find it later.

He really didn't want to pop off a shot with that .40. Very loud. Also, btw, not very common. That alone would be bad, never mind that the marks match perfectly.

It could be he was carrying a few rounds loose in his pocket and one fell out unnoticed. In this case, the extraction marks would have been made at some earlier time when he was just testing the action. This seems unlikely. You don't carry loose rounds to a crime. Maybe a spare mag, but not a bunch of loose bullets. MOO
FWIW this is exactly how DH explained his thoughts on this after I told him what we learned today. He racked the gun to initially scare the girls and killed them another way.

Well that probable cause was disappointing. I kept waiting for the "smoking gun" but don't see it. I really hope they have more evidence because I'm not sure how they can make this stick, without reasonable doubt.
I think a bullet from RA's gun at the crime scene is a pretty big smoking gun. He ADMITS he's on the bridge at the time the girls were murdered. No other man fitting the description of the guy in Libby's video is seen during or after the time of the murders. RA says he leaves after the murders.

The defense needs to prove reasonable doubt. Not any possible doubt. Is it reasonable that even though a guy matching the description from the video who's bullet was found at the scene admits he was on the bridge that day, some other mystery guy did it? I don't know how reasonable that doubt is.

My only question is why wasn't someone who admitted to being at the crime scene and looks like the guy in the freakin' video investigated more seriously in 2017? That's unfortunately where the defense is: what tf was everyone doing all these years?

So assuming RA is BG and the killer...

He backs his car into a spot next to the old CPS lot and starts walking the trails sometime shortly before the girls are dropped off, 1:30 according to him. He passes some people, including juveniles, glaring and not responding to them. He is already on the bridge when A and L are walking the trail toward the bridge. He's not in L's photos from the bridge, so apparently he is somewhere nearby and out of view. The girls cross the bridge and by 2:13, he is behind A on the bridge while L films. One of the girls notices a gun, he approaches them, tells them "G...DTH," they go down the hill and the video stops. At this point, we don't know the sequence of events, but during the next hour to hour and a half, in some order, the girls clothes are removed and end up downstream of the CS, they cross the creek, they are killed, moved, and staged. RA leaves an "odd" crime scene, with signatures, and no obvious motive (according to RI). An unspent bullet ends up between the bodies, RA exits the CS, with some sort of trophy, muddy and bloody, and walks 300 Rd west, back to his vehicle at 3:57 pm.

It's all very bizarre to me.

Did Allen admit to being parked at the CPS building in 2017, or only recently in 2022?

In 2019, in the “new direction” PC, they asked again for information on the driver of the vehicle parked there. If he was parked there, why wouldn’t he have come forward then? If he admitted being parked there, why did they ask the public for help?
This is exactly what stuck out to me. At the new direction PC, LE specifically asked for information about the driver of the vehicle that was parked at the CPS building. They also mentioned that they had likely talked to or previously interviewed the perp. If RA had already talked to LE and divulged that he was parked at the CPS building, which it seems that he had, it certainly seems that RA may have known that LE was talking directly to him.

The other noteworthy item from the PCA is the belief that the bullet came from RA's gun... not just that the bullet came from his type of gun. If those markings are specific to his gun, that's pretty incriminating. And that's new physical evidence that LE didn't have until recently.

With respect to the interviews of the female witnesses, I am curious when those interviews took place. If those interviews took place after the photo and video from Libby's phone were released (or if they were shown the video and photo), they wouldn't have any validity IMO.

Last edited:
Are gun purchases registered in Indiana? If they knew the gun was purchased in 2001 by RA (who admitted being at the bridge that day, wearing clothes similar to BG, ect), wouldn't THAT had been enough to issue a search warrant as the unspent shell matched a gun registered in his name? I believe they have their man but this seems like Keystone Cops part Deux

So assuming RA is BG and the killer...

He backs his car into a spot next to the old CPS lot and starts walking the trails sometime shortly before the girls are dropped off, 1:30 according to him. He passes some people, including juveniles, glaring and not responding to them. He is already on the bridge when A and L are walking the trail toward the bridge. He's not in L's photos from the bridge, so apparently he is somewhere nearby and out of view. The girls cross the bridge and by 2:13, he is behind A on the bridge while L films. One of the girls notices a gun, he approaches them, tells them "G...DTH," they go down the hill and the video stops. At this point, we don't know the sequence of events, but during the next hour to hour and a half, in some order, the girls clothes are removed and end up downstream of the CS, they cross the creek, they are killed, moved, and staged. RA leaves an "odd" crime scene, with signatures, and no obvious motive (according to RI). An unspent bullet ends up between the bodies, RA exits the CS, with some sort of trophy, muddy and bloody, and walks 300 Rd west, back to his vehicle at 3:57 pm.

It's all very bizarre to me.
I think they were killed before their clothes were removed. All MOO.

And I'd like to know what the signatures are.

Are gun purchases registered in Indiana? If they knew the gun was purchased in 2001 by RA (who admitted being at the bridge that day, wearing clothes similar to BG, ect), wouldn't THAT had been enough to issue a search warrant as the unspent shell matched a gun registered in his name? I believe they have their man but this seems like Keystone Cops part Deux
I think that you need to have both the unspent shell and the gun in order to conduct a forensic match.

I try not to be cynical but now I am 100% sure LE wanted the PCA sealed because it discloses that RA admitted to being on the bridge during the time of the murders in 2017. In retrospect, WHAT???

Their excuse that it was to protect minors was nonsense. The PCA states that RA admitted he saw 3 girls on the bridge. He knew this whole time there were at least 3 people who saw him and could identify him. If they weren't in danger since 2017, why would they be in danger now that he's behind bars?

I usually defend reasonable sealing of a PCA so the defense has time to review before the media but if LE is going to use it as a shield to hide facts that are unflattering to the state, they are going to have a much harder time getting away with it in the future. There was no reason to seal this document when minor names would be redacted by law anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiaCarmela