Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #160

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed on there "animal hair samples". Does he have animals? animal hair on the girls?
One sudden thought: Did RL by night visit the crime scene with his little dog and couldn't hold back his dog, because he wasn't on a leash? (When RL showed the areal and CS to a news reporter, his dog was running around also ....)

The criminal defence attorney on Murder Sheet would agree with you.

AC = Aine Cain (co-host of Murder Sheet)
A: = Attorney (verified and speaking anonymously)

He adds a lot more in the paras. that follow.
If I was on the jury then the prosectution are going to need either -

1. Physical evidence placing him incontrovertibly at the crime scene (ie more than ejector marks)

2. Overwhelming weight of circumstantial evidence and eyewitness testimony that means it is improbable that it wasn't him

Gonna be a long wait to find out what they've got!

I always thought the first sketch that came out was done from the video and the second from eye witness. Maybe the eye witness sketch was put on hold once video was found. Moo
Maybe, they meanwhile found the right one with the looks of YBG, maybe interviewed him even in 2017, but are searching for more infos, that this person (name, address!) was in the area (large crime scene) at a certain time (plus with a certain car). His connections to Delphi would be important and even better: his motive.
LE can't make public a photo of this person, although they would easily have a matching pic, but they can search for more infos only with the sketch #2.
Is it possible??

One sudden thought: Did RL by night visit the crime scene with his little dog and couldn't hold back his dog, because he wasn't on a leash? (When RL showed the areal and CS to a news reporter, his dog was running around also ....)
They would have had an opportunity to test all of RL's animal hair samples. He had the dog, horses and (I think) goats. IMO he didn't even know there was a crime scene so there was no reason for him to be roaming down there in the dark. However, he might have gone out to check on his horses. If there were people roaming his property at night, the horses could have been acting spooky.

I always forget how little I know about the actual crime scene, even after all these years…. we always heard it was “staged,” wonder if maybe the unspent bullet was part of the staged scene. Like for example SPECULATION if he left it there as scenery/decoration to show how tough & scary he is

This would presume RA thought the cartridge had no marks & wouldn’t be traceable to him…. so, for you all who know something about guns, is it possible that he loaded this cartridge at some point in the past, then took it out & put it back with his collection & later couldn’t tell it from the rest of his unused ammo?

Or could that not work? EG cuz once you load it you can’t take it out again, or cuz loading & unloading wouldn’t create the ejector marks, or cuz the ejector marks would be obvious to the naked eye etc? Just thinking out loud / wondering … not even expressing an opinion but I’ll say JMO anyway lol

Sorry if this has been discussed already, hard to keep up …….

I saw somewhere the probably of stacking circumstantial statistics on top of each other. Even though I believe this is BG himself and the circumstantial statistics of him placing himself there, along with the "semi-matching" casing ejector marks, eyewitnesses, owning same coat, etc... puts him at 99% guilty... I believe as others that the prosecution has got to have one other solid real evidence to produce at trial to be able to convict him.

I always forget how little I know about the actual crime scene, even after all these years…. we always heard it was “staged,” wonder if maybe the unspent bullet was part of the staged scene. Like for example SPECULATION if he left it there as scenery/decoration to show how tough & scary he is

This would presume RA thought the cartridge had no marks & wouldn’t be traceable to him…. so, for you all who know something about guns, is it possible that he loaded this cartridge at some point in the past, then took it out & put it back with his collection & later couldn’t tell it from the rest of his unused ammo?

Or could that not work? EG cuz once you load it you can’t take it out again, or cuz loading & unloading wouldn’t create the ejector marks, or cuz the ejector marks would be obvious to the naked eye etc? Just thinking out loud / wondering … not even expressing an opinion but I’ll say JMO anyway lol

Sorry if this has been discussed already, hard to keep up …….
I think there was a discussion, and it seemed that there were differing ideas. I guess it would be hard to know exactly the case. I tend to think he had a gun with him, but planned to use it to silence or control the victims. A gun going off would alert others in the Reserve or around the trails. I don't believe he staged a bullet, either. I think he chambered a round while,simultaneously and unknowingly, ejecting a bullet that was already chambered. I think that markings do end up on the bullet when it is chambered or pulled back on. Never heard of this myself, and perhaps RA hadn't either. I never really heard of staging the scene. Not sure what that means.
I am glad to see this case hasn't gone cold. I have been following it for years and hope both Libby and Abby families get justice. I had a best friend at their age, and we went on adventures together. We would often go to parks and reserves never thinking someone would harm us........so sad. I pray for their families.

If RA was on the bridge (as witnessed by the lady who turned around and by RA himself) as the girls approached the bridge (as described by the same witness), where was RA when the girls began the journey across the bridge? Where was he when L took the photo of A on the bridge?

Did he cross the full length of the bridge ahead of them? Then passed by them near the end, turn again and come up behind them?

I saw somewhere the probably of stacking circumstantial statistics on top of each other. Even though I believe this is BG himself and the circumstantial statistics of him placing himself there, along with the "semi-matching" casing ejector marks, eyewitnesses, owning same coat, etc... puts him at 99% guilty... I believe as others that the prosecution has got to have one other solid real evidence to produce at trial to be able to convict him.
I agree. I wonder if there are possibly dog/human hairs transferred, clothes fibers, foot prints that lead to the cemetery, or did he keep a souvenir? I guess they don't show all their evidence; just enough to get an arrest. JMO

footprints.

If RA was on the bridge (as witnessed by the lady who turned around and by RA himself) as the girls approached the bridge (as described by the same witness), where was RA when the girls began the journey across the bridge? Where was he when L took the photo of A on the bridge?

Did he cross the full length of the bridge ahead of them? Then passed by them near the end, turn again and come up behind them?
Yes, this is most likely what he did and they knew they were in trouble when he turned back again and they were alone and stuck near the end of the bridge.

… hiding? Eeeek

Just a thought. I wondered if after the first lady turned around, he walked away from the bridge. Perhaps, behind her. He sees the two young girls coming and passes by them. He continues walking away from the bridge, but turns back towards the bridge. I think once the two young girls got closer to the south side of the bridge, he moved rather quickly towards them. I am sure they felt trapped by him, and were unsure where to proceed. I think that is why one victim took the video. Her senses were keen enough to know that something felt off.

Just a thought. I wondered if after the first lady turned around, he walked away from the bridge. Perhaps, behind her. He sees the two young girls coming and passes by them. He continues walking away from the bridge, but turns back towards the bridge. I think once the two young girls got closer to the south side of the bridge, he moved rather quickly towards them. I am sure they felt trapped by him, and were unsure where to proceed. I think that is why one victim took the video. Her senses were keen enough to know that something felt off.
Wondering.? That's exactly what/how it happened.

Police had an image of BG very quick. They released the image of BG on the bridge 2/15/17 at 6pm.

At first they appealed for the man to come forward as a witness-
By all reasonable measure RA should have talked to the CCSO that day.

I used to believe he was at the end of the bridge and doubled back on them but it now makes more sense he went off and hid or he did sit on a bench and let them start to cross.

Realistically if he was walking in front of them they could have turned around and just walked back when they got scared. Imo

But if he was behind them catching up to them at pace they had nowhere to go. They was trapped on the bridge as you wouldn’t jump off the platform.

Mooooo

Allen’s lawyers wanted the private hearings so that they would not be forced to reveal their defense strategy to the prosecutors.
———-
Pretty sure we know the defense strategy:
Not me (attack eye witnesses)
Not my bullet (attack via experts)

I just checked the docket and saw this. Sorry if its been posted but I had not seen it in the local news
03/20/2023
03/20/2023Jury Trial

Session:
03/20/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
03/21/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
03/22/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
03/23/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Session:
03/24/2023 9:00 AM, Judicial Officer: Gull, Frances -SJ
Comment:
First Setting

He probably followed the lady far enough back westward to see that 1) she was far away and heading further away and 2) nobody new had entered the trail at the drop off spot.

At that point, he doubled back to the bridge, took one last glace over his shoulder back to the drop off, then headed at a fast pace towards the bridge and L&A.

I'll bet he had rehearsed how much lead time he had at hand to get someone down the hill based on an average walking pace from the small drop off parking lot to where you could see the bridge.

This demon had the abduction all planned out and timed to the second. He knew the end of the bridge was a dead end and nobody would have been past A&L on the south side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay