Found Deceased IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #161

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The lady (witness 4) saw him standing on platform 1. She turned around and headed back and encountered A & L walking towards the bridge. BG must have left the bridge at about that time.

The photo of Abby wasn’t taken at the end of the bridge and that’s why BG isn’t seen.

The girls started from the NW end of the bridge. At all times Libby was ahead of Abby and her first photo shows the full bridge as she faced SE. At 7:35 you can see the bridge as videoed with Libby’s photo to its right. She took Abby’s photo from platform 3 (333’ from NW end). You can see this photo at 8:15 and notice that the creek is behind her. Libby took BG's video from the SE end of the bridge. At 11:25 you can see BG's location.

Gray Hughes' excellent Crime scene flow 3 video is a full walkthrough and has accurate measurements of all locations and shows where BG was. It starts from the drop-off point, but if you don't need to see that, start watching at 5:30.

This is a fantastic video but am I the only one who wishes they wouldn’t use creepy music?

The entire situation is morbid enough without adding in unnecessary music.

Besides that very informative to get the layout. I still have no idea where he waited as both photos of the long bridge have no RA in them so he was lurking somewhere.

Moo

If there are any doubts about the cars on surveillance ......
Just found it on the Idaho murders-thread and thought, it might be helpful on many other threads perhaps.

This is a fantastic video but am I the only one who wishes they wouldn’t use creepy music?

The entire situation is morbid enough without adding in unnecessary music.

Besides that very informative to get the layout. I still have no idea where he waited as both photos of the long bridge have no RA in them so he was lurking somewhere.

Moo
He could have been ahead of them. To my understanding the point where at least the picture with Abby was taken is about a half way on the bridge.

He could have been ahead of them. To my understanding the point where at least the picture with Abby was taken is about a half way on the bridge.

Would they have crossed with somebody in front of them though?

I would walk that bridge without any fear but if I had a strange man in front of me acting suspicious then I wouldn’t start to cross. Coz I have seen way to many horror movies :D

What if the BG himself took the picture of Abby on the MHB? I'm remembering the comment on a video, username "J P" said, the BG took the pic himself. The next commenter asked, if he was there on the MHB to be so sure. Then "J P" asked back: "Were you there?" Then this conversation ended. - As you see, I found the conversation between 2 posters remarkable until today. I thought, JP knew more to it than explained by him. BUT who might be "J P"??

RA’s wife videos him letting off firecrackers in the backyard. The date is unknown but you’ll be surprised what he looks like. The most interesting part by far is you actually get to hear him speaking. I really don’t think he sounds like BG saying “Guys, down the hill”.

Kathy Allen, Richard Allen’s Wife: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know

This is my theory as well. I think he submitted the record of his conversation and the investigators who would have been the ones to follow up on it somehow never received it. We know he did something with it since they found it 5.5 years later and it was presumably in some way attached to the girls’ case.

I know there is a lot of blame being thrown the COs way but he wasn’t involved in the case, I’m sure investigators were constantly getting asked about tips by other LE. It’s possible the CO did ask a few times whatever came of the short guy who looked like BG that he’d talked to, but he could have been dismissed or brushed off by LE thinking he was just being nosy.

Think about the thousands of useless tips they received. Literally on Reddit this gal posted that she called LE this year with the tip she thought BG was drunk, that was her tip and when RA was arrested she posted so proud of herself for helping solve the case. Those investigators had tens of thousands of garbage tips like that they had to deal with. Then probably questioned about what we came of them by various people in the community.

Not that I’m excusing all of LE for losing/misplacing/misfiling the bit about RA.
The crime was committed near public/trust lands.

Indiana DNR site is not clear as WAs, but DNR COs are complete officers, with more autonomy, training and responsibilities than regular deputies. Not sure how thus interview got so badly off rails.

RA’s wife videos him letting off firecrackers in the backyard. The date is unknown but you’ll be surprised what he looks like. The most interesting part by far is you actually get to hear him speaking. I really don’t think he sounds like BG saying “Guys, down the hill”.

That’s not him lighting those off - take a look at the face when he turns around. AFAIK it looks nothing like him. IA when he turns around & speaks he doesn’t sound like BG and RA either cuz he isn’t.

RA audio is very hard to find, there were only like two snippets around - ‘wheelchairs coming up’ or similar and “cables gonna snap.” Have you heard those?

The similarity in not just voice but ‘speaking style’ (I don’t know the right words for it!) is creepy. When I used to hear the BG audio I’d think “there’s something WRONG with this guy” that I couldn’t put my finger on. RA audio gives me the same exact feeling - there’s something WRONG with this guy, idk exactly what but whatever it is, it’s the same thing wrong with BG

I’ll look for a link comparing RA & BG audio, the voice comparisons were approved to post here so I’ll try to find one

IMO

Eta: Audio comparison vid

You know, when I saw that vid a while back I dismissed it as not being RMA because it doesn't look like him at all. Looks too tall, doesn't sound like BG, and the face is all wrong IMHO. My first thought was... Was it labeled on her FB as "My hubby Ricky shooting off fireworks"? Or was it simply an uploaded unlabeled vid, that was a friend, neighbor, or relative and they assumed it was him since it was on her FB?

Guess I should have read all the new posts before I answered an older one. Others already poopooed the fireworks vid as NOT RMA.

Last edited:
That’s not him lighting those off -

I’ll look for a link comparing RA & BG audio, the voice comparisons were approved to post here so I’ll try to find one

IMO

Eta: Audio comparison vid
I am very interested in any walking and talking comparisons. Think we're at our best here when we invite perception and POV of others with something to work from (and yes, sources); rather than "What if" and "Maybe" which can take us farther afield. Surely there have been high-tech comparisons through FBI. Still, much that we do not know.

That's not RA, that's RA's son-in-law.

Is it? That’s who I was expecting to see, but then I didn’t really think it looked like him either! But haven’t seen pics of that guy in a while so probably just don’t remember
Imo

I find it hard to believe a case Involving the slaying of two young girls and it being global news that the CO wouldn’t of been intrigued by the case. I doubt there was many in the community who wasn’t waiting on a arrest and watching the story unfold as it went along.

The CO might have been just as confused as the rest of us with the various information released by LE.

The CO interviewed a 45 year old RA, who (IMO) looked like the first sketch. Fast forward to April 2019
and LE says (BBM):

- It was initially believed the sketch that has been in public view over the last two years of a person in the age range of his 40’s to 50’s was a person of interest in this murder investigation.

- The person depicted in the originally released sketch is not presently a person of interest in this investigation

- The sketch released on April 22nd is representative of the face of the person captured in the video on Liberty German’s cell phone as he was walking on the high bridge

- The person in the sketch released April 22nd is described as having a youthful appearance, but could fall in the age range from his 20’s to late 30’s

So after the April 2019 press conference the CO could have assumed the 45 year old man he interviewed no longer fitted the profile of who LE was looking for.

New motion filed today.

12/30/2022Motion Filed
Supplemental Motion for Discovery and Request for Rule 404 and 405 Evidence
Filed By:
Allen, Richard M.
File Stamp:
12/30/2022
A quick search shows rule 404 and 405 evidence is about character, what is gathered on character and what the limits of use are for character in a criminal case. So does anyone understand what motion RA is filing here in discovery? Is he wanting any character evidence LE has divulged to him and his attorneys? And why would he file for this separately from more tangible evidence?

IMO this type of case could cost a defendant 1.5-2 million dollars. Since RA has a public defender, the defense costs are paid by taxpayers. Also, his attorney is getting some good advertising, a la Jose Baez, for taking on a high profile case. It is doubtful that even the best savers among us have a sufficient rainy day fund for this kind of expense.
Exactly, that's why I said $500,000 up front. Then come the costs for additional staff and experts. (When Casey Anthony filed for bankruptcy, she stiffed Jose Baez for, I think, about $400,000 in legal fees. She said he was making her pay it off in sexual duties, according to an affidavit by a private detective.)

A quick search shows rule 404 and 405 evidence is about character, what is gathered on character and what the limits of use are for character in a criminal case. So does anyone understand what motion RA is filing here in discovery? Is he wanting any character evidence LE has divulged to him and his attorneys? And why would he file for this separately from more tangible evidence?
Impeaching a witness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member