IN - Abby & Libby - The Delphi Murders - Richard Allen Arrested - #164

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok but unless he gave some info to his wife in that call that only the killer could know, then I don't think that is the end of this case really. Its not uncommon for people to confess to things they didn't do (even murder). I'd like to know precisely what he told the wife?

False confessions are most often made under duress, intimidation and coercion. I can’t imagine why an innocent person would voluntarily call up a spouse - who’s entire world was already turned upside down as a result of his arrest - and repeatedly inform her he was guilty as charged. The level of spite and cruelty, if he didn’t do it but told her he did, is almost as horrific as would be required to commit the murderous acts IMO.

It seemed that way, saying something like "That's my person."

moo
I wonder if she visits him.
For me, when I'm done, I'm done. The phone call would be the end of my support. At the onset, I might believe that my loved one wasn't capable of committing this horrendous crime but when he tells me they're guilty...it’s goodbye.

There's clarity as to the search warrant now as well.

If you look at Objection Filed 6-27-2023 13.34.25 248103915 FFC47C07-5DAF-414E-9879-66EEBA100263.pdf you can see the State's response to the motion to suppress the results of the house search.

Apparently what happened is that LE interviewed RA and his wife on October 13th, 2022. During that interview, as we already knew, RA confirmed being on the trail and told them what clothes he was wearing. His wife also confirmed that he still owned a blue jacket and had guns and knives. Based on that interview they applied for a search warrant for the house and executed it the same day. The PCA is very similar to the PCA for the arrest warrant, though it's missing the gun evidence obviously.

1. Holy knives batman!
2. So many cell pones!? Why?!
3. An aquafina water bottle? Why?
4. A carpet cutting of a carpeted area UNDER the spare tire of the ford focus? Why from UNDER the spare?
5. Two swabs from the PASSENGER side of carpeted FLOOR BOARDS?? Why?
The old phones… I can explain: I still have practically every cell phone I’ve ever owned, even the busted ones. I kept them bc I needed to find a way to transfer pics to my computer/laptops. And my husband has most of his old phones, and as a matter of fact, a surprising quantity of his ex-old-lady’s old cell phones. I got on an organizing kick in the office and decided one of the huge, deep desk drawers were where the phones would live. Most of them are in their original boxes. So, I don’t find the phones to be weird.

I do find the amount of knives to be… disturbing.

Passenger side swabs - he could’ve peeled off his top layer of clothing and tossed it in the seat or in the passenger floorboard. I understand why the seatbelt swabs, bc if he got in the car and belted himself before deciding to take the bloody jacket off, he would’ve transferred it there. I’m curious if they investigated all of the floorboards and found hair and fibers as well as any blood he might not have been able to get to in order to really deep clean the car - did they remove the seats and the tracks and swab/brush any of those areas? That’s where you find “the good stuff,” IOW, the stuff most people can’t really reach if they’re hiding something and it gets lost there, like in that black hole between the console and the seat. I’ve lost many a cigarette lighter there. I also once dropped something small and very very important; it ended up in the seat track where I absolutely couldn’t grab it, so my husband took the seat off the track.

Spare tire carpet cutting - he might’ve tossed the gun/knife/knives in there, or possibly his outerwear before driving away.

Can’t explain the Aquafina bottle, other than it being a source of his DNA that would be easy to compare to anything he possibly left on/near the girls, or it was in a weird place (I read a post on another forum and his analysis of a crime scene called it OOPS -out of place stuff - was particularly eye opening).

All MOO…

MOO I knew they were looking for a Sig Sauer.
Here is my post from 2019.
If I knew they knew.
  1. Found Deceased IN - Abigail (Abby) Williams, 13, & Liberty (Libby) German, 14, The Delphi Murders 13 Feb 2017 #114

MOO I think a deep grip handgun was used - I see an imprint of that type of hand gun in his right jacket pocket. Something very similar to the Sig Sauer Elite match. With a long thinning barrel structure and deep grip. It would be simple to control people with a cannon like that at close range.
I’m several pages behind but when it first came out that it was an Sig P226 I was shocked because I’d had conversations either here or on Reddit where people were certain it was a P226. I’m not entirely sure why they were so convinced. Maybe a rumor they’d heard that turned out to be true. But either way I think LE were 100% sure it was that exact gun model.

The old phones… I can explain: I still have practically every cell phone I’ve ever owned, even the busted ones. I kept them bc I needed to find a way to transfer pics to my computer/laptops. And my husband has most of his old phones, and as a matter of fact, a surprising quantity of his ex-old-lady’s old cell phones. I got on an organizing kick in the office and decided one of the huge, deep desk drawers were where the phones would live. Most of them are in their original boxes. So, I don’t find the phones to be weird.

Passenger side swabs - he could’ve peeled off his top layer of clothing and tossed it in the seat or in the passenger floorboard. I understand why the seatbelt swabs, bc if he got in the car and belted himself before deciding to take the bloody jacket off, he would’ve transferred it there. I’m curious if they investigated all of the floorboards and found hair and fibers as well as any blood he might not have been able to get to in order to really deep clean the car - did they remove the seats and the tracks and swab/brush any of those areas? That’s where you find “the good stuff,” IOW, the stuff most people can’t really reach if they’re hiding something and it gets lost there, like in that black hole between the console and the seat. I’ve lost many a cigarette lighter there. I also once dropped something small and very very important; it ended up in the seat track where I absolutely couldn’t grab it, so my husband took the seat off the track.

Spare tire carpet cutting - he might’ve tossed the gun/knife/knives in there, or possibly his outerwear before driving away.

Can’t explain the Aquafina bottle, other than it being a source of his DNA that would be easy to compare to anything he possibly left on/near the girls, or it was in a weird place (I read a post on another forum and his analysis of a crime scene called it OOPS -out of place stuff - was particularly eye opening).

All MOO…

I am wondering if there could have been a jack missing from the Focus?
Maybe it landed in the river.
Perhaps the jack has DNA.

JMO

All MOO…
I did imagine the water bottle might be for easy access to his DNA but they'd just get a warrant for collection of it anyhow, so they didn't *need* it really, did they? I wonder if there is more to it? Some odd thing about it? DNA from the kids on it? Something he KEPT from the Crime Scene maybe??? Oye

I’m several pages behind but when it first came out that it was an Sig P226 I was shocked because I’d had conversations either here or on Reddit where people were certain it was a P226. I’m not entirely sure why they were so convinced. Maybe a rumor they’d heard that turned out to be true. But either way I think LE were 100% sure it was that exact gun model.
Perhaps Reddit too, but way, way back when the photos of the "POI" were released and being discussed on here there were a few familiar with the P226 that 'identified' it as possibly being the weapon showing through his jacket *shape, size, outline etc). If you recall that far back.

The single cartridge in a "keepsake box" gives me trophy vibes. Maybe he really did intentionally leave the bullet at the scene.
If it happened to be an unchambered round and it matched the collected round, s m o k e.

But there's no smoking gun more smoking than I was there and I killed them.

Smoked by his own admissions.

jmo

1. Holy knives batman!
2. So many cell pones!? Why?!
3. An aquafina water bottle? Why?
4. A carpet cutting of a carpeted area UNDER the spare tire of the ford focus? Why from UNDER the spare?
5. Two swabs from the PASSENGER side of carpeted FLOOR BOARDS?? Why?
I think we know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member